Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there any point?

sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
i started CoH and it was so boaring that i could olny raise a char to lvl 16 then i stoped the game play is bad the specs r bad and the SG's are pointless and the game was just a bunch of 10 year olds not noing what they were doing remindes me of another game that came out called world of warcraft that games is also to simple

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711
    dude, you have no idea what you are talking about... not only did u play for 3 hours TOTAL to get to lvl 16, but u can't even write in a Forum very well, also, WoW is a good game... so get real

• sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286

haha ur funny if you are 12 years old then sure there good games but games where u dont need brains to play= awful

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711
    Umm, ok.... I think it is funny how stupid people try to say how old others are, when they really have no idea

• WodderwickWodderwick Member Posts: 7

Unfortunately i have not been able to play for about a year now (work has me somewhere i cant access the net to play online games) that changes in July and the first thing i will be doing is renewing my CoH account. Firstly let me start by saying i'm 31 and i'm an engineer so aledgedly not overly lacking in smarts.

Getting to lvl 16 is not a challenge at all i agree the real work and fun kick in about lvl 20 thats when the mobs AI becomes a lot better you just havn't given it long enough, there is also a possibility you have picked a char type you dont suit which will not help you. Try experimenting with various chars and join a SG, a lot use Teamspeak2 (first post hope this doesn't break any rules mentioning this) so you may find thats a reason not everyone seems to talk "in the open".

If you think you have the right char then continue with that and try joining an active SG, if not try another char type.

Please bear in mind this game has been developed very well (imo) as it is playable for almost any age hence why you personally found no challenge as yet, not every game can be aimed at hardcore gamers from lvl 1, this way you get a lot more players which means more constant developement and the usual benefactors of this are the hardcore gamer who generally has the highest lvl chars in game.

• godweenogodweeno Member Posts: 3

Then dont play the game and stop crying about it!!!

There are plenty of other MMO's out there so go for something else. COH is awesome and the combat system is one of the best in any MMO Ive played, its actually exciting. Im fed up of people whineing about how simple it is.

• MistressVMistressV Member Posts: 21
    Wow, boaring, Is that even a word?  The point my friend is to play a game live with others.  Teaming is the best and if you are stuck playing with ten year olds it is probably due to your attitude.  Very few adults will tolerate someone with your awful personality.  I'm sorry that you can not even socialize in the on line environment.   It must be very sad for you to hate the best video game ever created.  COH is the first PC game I have ever played.  I am 26 years old and female and I usually think video games are stupid.  COH is to video games what Ferarri is to Cars.  If you don't understand it you won't have any fun.  You don't even really get into the good stuff until level 20.  I'd like to see you survive a Hamidon raid.  A massive mission where you might have 195 heroes working as a team to take down the ultimate super villain.  Simple?  I don't think so.

Mistress Vegas
    Head Dispatcher
    Kings Row Taxi Service
    Infinity Server
    @Mistress Vegas

• sog3nsog3n Member Posts: 40
    ok kiddies, eaze up...we dont need to get all hyped up over something stupid image

"Touch me. I'm hawt!"

• youngFameyoungFame Member Posts: 24

he does have a point somewhere. CoH is showing a trend ive seen in alot of mmorpgs lately. the games are getting simpler and are turning more and more into massively multiplayer action games.

however its not very intellligent to give the game such a general rating since its a good game. CoH may not be a good rpg but its still a good game and altough im usualy into more complex online rpgs i really like this game, its fun and quick. the moves are cool looking and the character creation might be the best ive seen in a game so far (havnt played EQ2). a lot of different mob design and an easy skill system make this a very good game for people who just like to go play a quick game with friends.

its not for everyone but that doesnt make it bohring.

• nekarrarainenekarraraine Member Posts: 3

You obviously had a bad experience in some fashion, but I truly don't think you gave the game a chance. The game can get a bit boring up until that level, but if you team up with people and do some task forces and stuff like that, you'll level really fast and make some great friends. In the higher levels and bigger missions, things really get exciting. :) I think you should give it another chance. Never played WoW, but I've heard it can be fun, too. :) Either way, I hope you find something you like.

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

Oke let me get this straight ... the game ends at 16 ...... I guess I should tell my lv 29 scapper to stop.

As far as SG's go I do not belong to one but I know that they can be a blessing when you need 3 people to deactive a bomb in a mish. (Got to love those)

I guess as far as 10 year olds playing.... Mmmm I guess this 38 year old accountant had better quit.

NOT!!!

those are my thoughts not yours

• for3v3fyungfor3v3fyung Member Posts: 3

If you only got to level 16 with a character then you didn't go far enough to really enjoy the game. Level 16 is easy to get to. You have to go further to get into the real action. You should really try playing the game again.

• PillBoxPillBox Member Posts: 184
    Try wwiionline if you want a challenge then.
  • LildemonmzinLildemonmzin Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by SLNTASN
    dude, you have no idea what you are talking about... not only did u play for 3 hours TOTAL to get to lvl 16, but u can't even write in a Forum very well, also, WoW is a good game... so get real

I played until I was level 30. I was a mutant scrapper to be exact. I do not think the game was bad; just think it was lacking in content.  It seemed to me that every mish was the same. The only difference was the difficulty.  I am not going to comment On WOW for other reasons. As far as the SGs go they are insignificant to the game. you may get help if the person in your sg has the time. I did meet some cool people in game. the game just did not hold my interest enough. I can see how it would hold the interest of a kid rather an adult. but thats my opinion. there is no need insulting anyone, because of their opinion. thank you for your time. image
  • ZaminZamin Member Posts: 36
    Im 11 and im smarter than the 15 year old people. and this is a great game you are the freakin stupid one.imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • LildemonmzinLildemonmzin Member Posts: 23
    How can you say that your smarter than the 15 year old people.  Do you know all the 15 year old people? That was a pretty bias statement you made.. If you were smarter than them("the 15 year old people") you would not have made that statement at all.  I am glad you like the game. its not that bad. It just lacks content.  the sg's are insignificant, as I said before my little smart one! image
    ok fine most 15 year olds.imageimage
  • OrcBreathOrcBreath Member Posts: 17

I would agree that CoH is very repetitive to some extent with not a lot of options as to what to do besides go smash another bad guy.  I got bored of it too after a while, but I got level 40 before I decided it wasn't for me. 

I find that MMORPG's that involve a heavy economy where you can craft or do large trading keep a person more immersed in the game.  Gives them more to do and think about. 

If you want a game where all you do is go around smashing and destroying in simple little missions (such as CoH), then go get a first person shooter and don't waste your money on a MMORPG that charges a monthly fee.

Well now with CoV you can build bases but youll have to buy CoV to build bases just for CoH
  • rickintxrickintx Member Posts: 10

The missions are a lot more fun if you actually involve yourself in the storyline.  If all you do is go from one mission to the next without paying attention to why your character is doing what he or she is doing, it probably would get boring.  I have been playing for about a year and I love it.  Not everyone enjoys it, and a lot of people that love it don't care about the stories, that's just my opinion.

As for games with large economies and enormous amounts of tradeskills, I'll pass.  Those games tend to be owned more by IGN than the players or the developers.  For example, I played EQ for about 4 years, and, while it was a very entertaining game that I enjoyed while I was playing it, the economy was so unrealistic for the average player that it was a joke.  Even those people that played all the time and had high level characters could not afford most level appropriate gear to make themselves competitive.  Of course the best gear was for hardcore raiders, the problem is, the average gear could also mostly be attained by raiders or ebayers or IGN customers who could only afford things by using real money to buy in game items from those who use bots and exploits.

I have yet to hear of any significant bugs or exploits in coh or cov.  On the other hand, EQ was full of bugs and exploits and people who took advantage of them, mostly to no detriment to themselves even if they were caught.  I much prefer City of Heroes and City of Villains to EQ and the other mmo's I've played and beta tested.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

• memphis45jumemphis45ju Member Posts: 22
    Yea base raids should br nice i would love to get in some else ice box and take thier sodas and sit down in thier chair and put my feet up on thier bodiesimageimage......image "Ill take that remote u dont need it."image
  • trelliztrelliz Member Posts: 3

I played for a while before i got a bit bored, but i can see the appeal, and i'm tempted to go back, especially as you get CoH/V for one price, and it depends what you do, pure mission grinding with no concerns for what's going on can get dull, I wish that they'd merge the US and EU servers, that way we'd get access to more players etc.

CoX has one thing that other games really don't, an almost instinctive desire to RP. Acting in the role of a superhero/villain is an easy concept that doesn't make you feel stupid, compared to a fantasy mmo, where talking in character makes you sound like a cheap tolkien ripoff. I hope that with the recent acquisition by NCSoft that they push the game more with more features, which sees a rise in player numbers.

• tigurtigur Member UncommonPosts: 16

My sg does base raids. We are the number 3 SG in the top 100 SG's on Guardian. The SG's name is Green Horns. We just finished installing a new generator in our base. In order to get this Gen we had to get 750 kills in SG mode. The generator is invulnerable so the next SG who  raids our base won't be able to take out our defenses by taking out our generator. Plus with the extra power we have increased the size and amount of defensive turrets.

If you are looking for a super group look me up on  the Guardian server.

We are looking for veteran players,

Hope to here from you

Tig

• complexmoodcomplexmood Member Posts: 2

There are plenty of other MMO's out there so go for something else. COH is awesome and the combat system is one of the best in any MMO Ive played, its actually exciting. Im fed up of people whineing about how simple it is.

• ShastaHawkShastaHawk Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by sqwiggins

i started CoH and it was so boaring that i could olny raise a char to lvl 16 then i stoped the game play is bad the specs r bad and the SG's are pointless and the game was just a bunch of 10 year olds not noing what they were doing remindes me of another game that came out called world of warcraft that games is also to simple

Dude, your illiterate rant negates your whole argument. Maybe you should pay more attention in school and less time gaming. Then maybe you can say something in a way we all can respect

This discussion has been closed.