Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positives

NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

im tired of seeing people on *certain forums and posts* saying that eq2 players only bash other games and never saying anything good about ours. so im here to start a thread about what you view as the POSITIVES to eq2.

+just plain fun
+16 races
+24 end classes
+great crafting system
+normally updated with new content and features
+good CS (i dont care what the rest of you think, its good)
+awesome community
+great guild system
+large zones
+beautiful graphics
+lots of character customization
+group focused
+no power leveling
+quests galore
+rewarding quests
+heritage quests
+player housing
+mailing system
+good lore
+many high-end raids
+mentoring system
+amazing spell animations
+heroic oportunities
+challenging but not extremely difficult leveling
+awesome con system
+voice-over
+2 huge cities
+speak in other languages
+great easily customizable interface
+numerous spells and combat arts
+writ system
+good stable economy
+adventure packs
+immediate rewards to leveling
+useful stuff from quests as well as xp or coin
+awesome combat system
+fast paced combat
+nightbloods
+connections to eq1
+those little question marks on the ground
+collection quests
+convenient quest log
+countless items
+immersive feeling

if i had more time i could give more lol, but all this is making me really wanna play, lol

also, i know some of my likes may be your dislikes, but keep in mind this is why I like the game. feel free to post the things you like. ::::28::

happy now all you who say we dont say whats good about eq2?

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Way to go!

• SaragothSaragoth Member Posts: 84

Yep.. good stuff the only negative I see however is it seems the population has gone down and for the most part people are getting bored with it =(. Speaking for myself I love the game more then I did when I first installed it.

Good post agree with every point you made

SG

Originally posted by Wickes
    BTW, Saragoth, it's just a guess ... but I'd bet you were banned for bad language.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

gone down? wow lol, my server has been flooded with newbies lately

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Blackburrow was DEAD on the Freeport side last night...couldn't find a group to save my life!

Great list of positive there. Couldn't agree more. Only neg for ME is that leveling is still fairly slow...although that gives me more time to learn each new skill I get that much better, so its really not that big of an issue.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by Nihilanth
    im tired of seeing people on *certain forums and posts* saying that eq2 players only bash other games and never saying anything good about ours. so im here to start a thread about what you view as the POSITIVES to eq2.+just plain fun (arguable, but if you like, hey that's okay)
    +16 races (hmm, how about one race with 16 different skins? Not enough racial abilities in my opinion)
    +24 end classes (and you have to get to level 20 to see if you like one. If you don't, time was wasted)
    +great crafting system (if they ever figure it out)
    +normally updated with new content and features (very true)
    +good CS (i dont care what the rest of you think, its good) (never interacted with them before)
    +awesome community (rarely hear anybody chat, they're too busy mashing buttons)
    +great guild system (haven't looked into it too much)
    +large zones (yes, all 10 of them)
    +beautiful graphics (great armor and weapon graphics)
    +lots of character customization (in regard to appearance mostly)
    +group focused (yes)
    +no power leveling (yes, but at what terrible cost, gameplay is now very forced and contrived)
    +quests galore (yes, most of which are monotonous)
    +rewarding quests (few seem worthwhile, except maybe for an experience bump now and then)
    +heritage quests (okay)
    +player housing (most annoying worthless feature of game, in my opinion)
    +mailing system (great idea, thank you Warcraft)
    +good lore (never read it, too busy clicking through monotonous pop-up windows)
    +many high-end raids (I'll never stick around to see it)
    +mentoring system (weak, absolutely artificial and weak)
    +amazing spell animations (yes, tying your shoes almost does a fireball animation. Overdid this one)
    +heroic oportunities (artificial and contrived, a definite minus. EQ2 is last game we'll see this in)
    +challenging but not extremely difficult leveling (agreed)
    +awesome con system (easy but not immersive when everything has labels)
    +voice-over (if you like NPC's that talk like they're from the Bronx. Very annoying to me.)
    +2 huge cities (really one or the other. Very limiting design)
    +speak in other languages (cannot comment about this)
    +great easily customizable interface (okay interface)
    +numerous spells and combat arts (no true spells, just a mesh of abilities which all see the same)
    +writ system (haven't experienced this, likely won't stick around to)
    +good stable economy (empty soulless economy)
    +adventure packs (good idea, well worth $5)
    +immediate rewards to leveling (good and bad. Lots of duplicate abilities in the classes)
    +useful stuff from quests as well as xp or coin (sometimes)
    +awesome combat system (fast, but too much button mashing. Who has time to talk anymore in-game?)
    +fast paced combat (true)
    +nightbloods (not sure what this is)
    +connections to eq1 (not a big deal, know no one who uses it. In fact, I know no one in EQ2 really)
    +those little question marks on the ground (okay, maybe shiny object would be more immersive)
    +collection quests (okay, kind of monotonous)
    +convenient quest log (okay quest log, could use improvement, see WOW quest log for example)
    +countless items (then why is everyone wearing the same armor?)
    +immersive feeling (heh, to each his own, but 100,000 people have turned away from this game)if i had more time i could give more lol, but all this is making me really wanna play, lolalso, i know some of my likes may be your dislikes, but keep in mind this is why I like the game. feel free to post the things you like. ::::28::happy now all you who say we dont say whats good about eq2?

nullblue(arguable, but if you like, hey that's okay)
  • WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Very good list.  I agree.

I sure don't see any drop in activity on my server.  Frankly, we could use some drop.  Lately I've been making and deleting some new toons out of curiosity as to what's going on on the newb isle, and it's always busy ... doesn't matter what time of day I check.  Same for a couple other servers I checked for curiosity.

I think sometimes some zones seem less active than before because there are fewer instances due to people getting spread out over more zones now.

agreed wickes, i have 8 characters now (station access). i really only use 2, but i like to have one of as everything i like. only 2 characters are more than a month old (my pally and wizzie) and both of them (especially the pally) hit lvl 4 on a fairly deserted IoR. however, ive noticed that with every charcter afterwards there are always more and more people. my latest character, made a week ago, shared the island with 23 people. thats a big difference from the 4 that were there when i made my around xmas

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Well then now you got 10 :)

I have 9 characters at the moment, I am actively playing about 4 of them.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Wickes
    Very good list. I agree.
    I sure don't see any drop in activity on my server. Frankly, we could use some drop. Lately I've been making and deleting some new toons out of curiosity as to what's going on on the newb isle, and it's always busy ... doesn't matter what time of day I check. Same for a couple other servers I checked for curiosity.
    I think sometimes some zones seem less active than before because there are fewer instances due to people getting spread out over more zones now.

On lava the zones have been rather crammed considering its only a medium server.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

anyone wondering why i have "spell effects" and "nightbloods", look at these:

SPELL EFFECTS:

NIGHTBLOODS:

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

lolol, I might actually be farther then someone on the ghoulbane quest, go figure!

- Scaris