Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's announcement: what were you wishing for?

SW:TOR Details:  What you wish they would have said.

To dig a bit deeper into the newly announced space combat: we will enlighten you on a few points.

Space Combat:Space ships will be completely craft-able, from the hulls, plating ( various plating effects),, generators and weaponry. There will be multiple Specializations (from star fighter to star destroyer archetypes) for each ship: some ships will be able to take more damage than others. While some ship can repair themselves and other allies.  There will also be four to eight man mission you can do while in space: where rewards vary from Space minerals which can be used to craft and enhance character worn equipment, to weaponry and ship customizations

4 Player Co-op Missions:  No way! you say? Well yes way!  All we are going to say here is think Star wars Battlefront on steroids.

1-on-1 encounters: This is especially made for players who like to test their skills in battle alone.  All I can say is this mode is accessible at any point in the game. This will let players quickly sign up for 1-on-1 random encounters, of the appropriate level range. so far we have over 25 encounters, some of which include PvPvE, and  attack/defend encounters. There will be rewards but not discussed here.

Comments

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo Member Posts: 256

couldnt have asked for anything better.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

I was hoping to hear that Bioware had bought themselves out of EA and that George Lucas has signed an agreement to leave all development choices up to Bioware with an iron-clad "hands off" contract.

Neither happened, so the rest don't matter.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

I was hoping that they would announce the other classes that I **know** are coming

and by "know" i mean really really hope so because of one of the devs saying once "these are the classes we've announced SO FAR"

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Sebali

I was hoping that they would announce the other classes that I **know** are coming

and by "know" i mean really really hope so because of one of the devs saying once "these are the classes we've announced SO FAR"

I think you are delusional, the only thing you shall see is advanced classes.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by donjuanamigo

I disagree. They could have announced that they will be giving all subscribers one hundred billion dollars, the physique of a greek god, power of life and death over anybody, and unlimited twenty four hour access to Angelina Jolie. But hey, space combat being included is still pretty good.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Tardcore

I disagree. They could have announced that they will be giving all subscribers one hundred billion dollars, the physique of a greek god, power of life and death over anybody, and unlimited twenty four hour access to Angelina Jolie.

Damn. I was so sure THIS was the big announcement. So close.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• KuatosuneKuatosune Member UncommonPosts: 219

I disagree. They could have announced that they will be giving all subscribers one hundred billion dollars, the physique of a greek god, power of life and death over anybody, and unlimited twenty four hour access to Angelina Jolie. But hey, space combat being included is still pretty good.

That is some truely inspired thinking!

• ViperHoundzViperHoundz Member Posts: 46

and unlimited twenty four hour access to MEAGAN GOOD. But hey, space combat being included is still pretty good.

Yes, still excited about what they presented though.

• alpheusalpheus Member Posts: 72

I don't want to sound like a fanboy but exactly what he said.

A little more... I also felt like today announcement was a little vindication for the non-naysayers.  Sure the naysayers will argue that to the nth degree and find other petty things to pick apart.  When I heard the news I had a knee jerk reaction of 'in your face!" despite not having anyone specific come to mind.

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

I know it's passed, but a good april fool's announcement would be that Bioware's been bought out by SOE

• Originally posted by Deewe

Originally posted by Sebali

I think you are delusional, the only thing you shall see is advanced classes.

Yeah, I honestly can't really think of any base class that is missing besides maybe crafters, but if they are not doing a 100% player run economy then a crafter class is useless. 

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

OK, but terrible:

1- If all subscribers got 100 Billion, it would be because the economy is so bad that inflation made 100 Billion equivlent to a few bucks.

2- The Greek God who's body they'd give you would be Silenus.

3- You already have the power over life and death over anyone, but the law will kill you if you use it.

4- You already have access to Angelina Jolie, but police/body guards will kill you if you try to use this.

See, not that great of a list of things.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• heimer73heimer73 Member Posts: 147

Release the game NOW, or put me in a medical coma until release ... I cant wait :-)

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

OK, but terrible:

1- If all subscribers got 100 Billion, it would be because the economy is so bad that inflation made 100 Billion equivlent to a few bucks.

2- The Greek God who's body they'd give you would be Silenus.

3- You already have the power over life and death over anyone, but the law will kill you if you use it.

4- You already have access to Angelina Jolie, but police/body guards will kill you if you try to use this.

See, not that great of a list of things.

Geez, and people accuse me of taking the fun out of things.image

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

I'm hoping space will be more than just instanced zones, hoping they'll be like the ground worlds but in space.

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

All and all I very pleased with this news. I can only hope the Devs and Staff of Bioware read these forums occasionally when I say "Way to go Bioware!" :)

From the information you shared in OP, so far Space content in SW:TOR sounds to me like it is primarily tournament based. This in itself is welcome news. I thank Bioware for listening to those us that see Stars Wars as both a planetary conflict and a Space conflict... the Force isn't felt just on Planets as I understand it according to the storyline of the IP. Starships that we Players design, manufacture, and modify(within limits)? Sounds great and thank you :)

I would also hope that at least one area of open space is also included ingame where Players make their own encounters and content, such as the star system of Alderran. This is the primary PvP battle world and to make the space that this planet resides in an open environment where Players have freedom to find their own "content" I would see as awesome and a very good test to determine if more open space content would be desirable to Players, and thus perhaps more added in future expansions.

All of that said, I am pleased. I had been on the fence as far as SW:TOR was concerned, but now you have won my interest. I will be seriously watching and waiting for SW:TOR's release.

But remember Bioware... many MMO publisher/Developers has released products that many of us found "wanting".... so far it appears you are working hard to make an excellent product. Please do you best to continue it that fashion all the way to release and beyond. If you do this you will have salvaged at least one jaded and bitter MMO customer... Me.

(I think I will go visit the Bioware SW:TOR forums and say the same thing.)

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...