Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Yawn*

SaragothSaragoth Member Posts: 84

This game starting to just bore anyone else? I mean, I'm beginning to struggle with what's the point. I've always been a strong advocate of the game but looking ahead, I already know what's going to happen.. The game is so damned linear most everyone is going to follow the same path. I'm feeling restricted as if the game is not as wide open as EQ1 was. *shrug* Not suggesting anyone not try eq2, by all means I think everyone should. I've been playing since release, what's that 5 or 6 months now and I'm just starting to feel a little bored. So if I quit today I have gotten 6 good quality months out of the game. Not bad if ya ask me.. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling the same way.

SG

Originally posted by Wickes
BTW, Saragoth, it's just a guess ... but I'd bet you were banned for bad language.

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Said since early beta. Any such posts, in beta forum and in open beta and.. here... has been ridiculed and by the moderators here, locked or deleted, then you get a warning not to write that stuff or be banned.

So I guess you must be wrong...

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• SaragothSaragoth Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Harafnir

Said since early beta. Any such posts, in beta forum and in open beta and.. here... has been ridiculed and by the moderators here, locked or deleted, then you get a warning not to write that stuff or be banned.
    So I guess you must be wrong...

Well by posting what I did, asking for valid opinions on peoples feelings towards the game, I do expect to get atleast 1 dumb ass that comes in here and flames me because of how I'm feeling atm. It's no big deal. As far as the moderators go, it's not like they've never deleted any of my posts before. I don't see anything wrong with what I said so I doubt they'll worry to much about it.

BTW, Saragoth, it's just a guess ... but I'd bet you were banned for bad language.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

It's not that Saragoth

Harafnir is just bitter and will not let go of the past.

Literally 95% of his posts involves the phrase "whenever the MODs don't like blah blah blah, they deleted their posts" or to some effect.

@&;!@* about it 6 months later.

Let it go. It's been obvious months ago that we do not lock threads because we "don't like a game"

Back to the thread...

Saragoth...inevitably all mmorpgs will loose that "looking forward to log in" moment. I would suggest to take a breather and step away from the game for a couple months. The excitement of the game will probably come back

Best of luck

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by En1Gma

Saragoth...inevitably all mmorpgs will loose that "looking forward to log in" moment. I would suggest to take a breather and step away from the game for a couple months. The excitement of the game will probably come back

Good advice for everyone.

It's not that Saragoth
    Harafnir is just bitter and will not let go of the past.
    Literally 95% of his posts involves the phrase "whenever the MODs don't like blah blah blah, they deleted their posts" or to some effect.
    @&;!@* about it 6 months later.
    Let it go. It's been obvious months ago that we do not lock threads because we "don't like a game"
    Back to the thread...
    Best of luck

Wow, I'm impressed that this staff has the balls to defend itself. Kudos for yall. Rarely see that. Whether what he says is true or not I dunno, yall have deleted my posts plenty of times and most of the time I guess I deserved it, I tend to let my emotions get the best of me ;p

SG

Originally posted by kmimmorpg

Good advice for everyone.

Definately

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Personally, althought I truly love games and when I do play them I always work to advance a long way, I have a relatively short attention span and get tired of repetition of any kind.  So over the years I've learned how to keep myself fresh, since I do prefer games that will occupy me for years.  Thus I always keep at least two games going - preferably three.  So when I am feeling a lack of enthusiasm for my main game, I just play one of the others s bit.  Currently, the array is EQ2-SWG-GW.  Those really cover the bases nicely.   If/when I need a serious break though, I will probably crank AO or Eve up again for a while (great games).  I played EQ1 from beta 3 (Fall, 1998) until early 2004 ... but I had 3 serious breaks (3-5 months) in there.

I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but I see a lot of people in games follow a certain pattern of getting a new game, going nuts on it and playing it incessantly, and then suddenly they wake up one day 100% sick of it.   Half the time they then blame the game, lol.  These games are just not meant to be played incessantly ... like everything else they work better when you relax and enjoy the journey.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

To the OP- I know what you mean man, I played EQ2 and I think i played too much, got burnt out really quick and thought that I hated it. BUt now I am finding myself wanting to come back and play it again, especailly after checking out all the patch notes. SWG is another example, I just went back to that after a year hiatus and Im loving it again.

Enigma had great advice, sometimes you just get burnt out of a game, it doesnt mean the game sucks or you have ADD, it just means you need a change or a breather.

Personally, althought I truly love games and when I do play them I always work to advance a long way, I have a relatively short attention span and get tired of repetition of any kind.  So over the years I've learned how to keep myself fresh, since I do prefer games that will occupy me for years.  Thus I always keep at least two games going - preferably three.  So when I am feeling a lack of enthusiasm for my main game, I just play one of the others s bit.  Currently, the array is EQ2-SWG-GW.  Those really cover the bases nicely.   If/when I need a serious break though, I will probably crank AO or Eve up again for a while (great games).  I played EQ1 from beta 3 (Fall, 1998) until early 2004 ... but I had 3 serious breaks (3-5 months) in there.
    I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but I see a lot of people in games follow a certain pattern of getting a new game, going nuts on it and playing it incessantly, and then suddenly they wake up one day 100% sick of it.   Half the time they then blame the game, lol.  These games are just not meant to be played incessantly ... like everything else they work better when you relax and enjoy the journey.

Not to get off topic of this particular thread but how is SWG these days? I beta'd it and wasn't impressed but now that JTL has been released I'm considering giving it another try. For no more reason then to Man and Xwing and kick some butt.. How long would take for me to get my own ship or what not? Has the ground game improved at all?

SG

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Their was a rather lengthy description of the new combat system being implemented into SWG on another board...it sounds like they are changing to to a more traditional MMORPG style of combat. I'm going to wait on trying it till that update goes live, personally.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

If yer getting tired of EQ2 you can also try WoW or planetside. Although planetside is not a roleplaying game (its MMOFPS) but it stil great. I play those 2 games and whenever i get tired of one i switch to another. WoW is also great in a way that each class plays so differently, its almos as if you are playing a different game. There are many games you can try like Eve, SWG, AO, DAOC, even Horizons.

Personally, i cant wait for next gen games. Even though many claim WoW and EQ2 are next gen games, they arent. They are old concept games, very polished, but still old concept. What I would expect from next gen game is free-will play - do whatever you want, Create your own skills like in Ryzom, create your own class as in Horizons, have a lot of fun questing and not being forced to group as in WoW, live your life in a huge world as in Eve, and have world graphics as beautifull as in EQ2 (minus character models, they suck, JUCK). But thats beyond this topic...

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

Originally posted by Saragoth

Not to get off topic of this particular thread but how is SWG these days? I beta'd it and wasn't impressed but now that JTL has been released I'm considering giving it another try. For no more reason then to Man and Xwing and kick some butt.. How long would take for me to get my own ship or what not? Has the ground game improved at all?

SG

I beta'd SWG also, and I hated it.  Never went back until now.  Lately I kept hearing how much they've improved it, and then a good friend whose opinion I trust started up recently and told me he was very pleased.  So, what with the station access pass deal now, I figured WTF.  Honestly, it doesn't seem at all like what I remember from beta.  I haven't played much so far, but from what I've seen, it's damned good.  I didn't even buy JTL yet, but as soon as I get a chance I plan to  (although, if I can hold out JTL is included with the Rage of Wookies expansion which is coming out soon, but not vice versa).

Not having JTL yet I cant tell you exactly now long it takes to get your own ship.  But if I understand some of what I am reading correctly, you can basically get one immediately - one good enough to do some freelancing and get enough cash to upgrade to a sweet one.

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191
    Funny, I have yet to get that feeling logging into WoW. Even if all I do is Raid TM all day and night, it never loses that loving feeling.

Sorry for double post

• ale_jrbale_jrb Member Posts: 30

I like EQ2. I've had it for a while now, and although it isn't as good as the first one in many ways, I wouldn't call it boring.

_______
    "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate"

Looking forward to: Aion
    Played: WoW, Guild Wars

Originally posted by Joekabuke
    Funny, I have yet to get that feeling logging into WoW. Even if all I do is Raid TM all day and night, it never loses that loving feeling.

That really is odd.  It's good you've reported it.  In all my years of gaming this is the first time I've heard of someone who's played a game three months or  more without the slightest tinge of boredom.  My oh my, what can the answer be?  Eureka!  It can only be that the game he is playing is the all-perfect messiah of gaming, the long awaited game savior - the veritable Eggman of games - which shall rescue us all from inferior gaming and enthrone us in the Valhalla of Gaming Bliss for the remainder of our days where we shall all join hands and sing The Hymn of gaming perfection.

Goo goo g' joob

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Joek, why do you feel the need to come to the Eq2 boards and post how giddy you are about WoW? We all know what WoW is and if we wanted to play it we would. Stick to the WoW board for comments about WoW. Makes sense huh?

Dude

I must have hit a nerve. Must suck to be you.

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

No, we're just tired of all the rantings about WoW on the Eq2 thread. If you want to talk about WoW theres a section for it.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I too agree having 2 mmorpg at same time is worth it .Like I have EQ2 and WoW active atm and find that i am having a blast on both.

While I see people complain about getting bored in BOTH games i am not because i share my time between both.Mon-thur i am usually on WoW and fri-sun i am on EQ2.

And i am really have a good time on both and showing no signs of wearing out.Sure it took me like over 4 months to hit level 50 in EQ2 and nearly 2 months down the line i am only 54 in WoW(most omy guilds in both have hit max level long before me) but unlike my guildies i don't sit around moaning the games are getting monotonous.