Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythic caught in a lie

2»

Comments

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

May I ask, what in the world is Strive For Power?

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

The other thing I'd like to mention here is, in a year or so, when someone actually DOES have a game with 100k+ subscribers logged into a single game world, does that make Mythic a liar then? No, it does not. Time is relevant in all statements. At the point which the statement was made, yes, it probably was indeed true. Just because we read it months/years later, we can't then say "Hey! They lied!".

Someone once said the earth was flat. We know now it isn't (Well, most of us do.. someone needs to talk to these people) but does that make those people back then a bunch of liars? No, it doesn't.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by xplororor

Imperator or whatever its name its... should not be worrying about the numbers of players online at the same time in other MMORPGs that have 1 game world. They should instead be worrying about trying to get their game past the vaporware stage. Find a way to make their game as different as possible from the over saturated Sword & Sorcery-themed market.
     Right now EvE is doing better than Imperator, SfP is doing better, and any other 1 game world MMORPG. image 

Have you even read about the game?  First it is not that they are worrying about the number of players on games.  It was simply answering the question as to if there would be 1 server/game world or more.  It took Mark's standard answer that he does not think 100k+ people on one game at one time will work and he has no desire to do do.  It was not directed at EVE, but simply answering a question.

Of course EvE is doing better than Imperator- Imperator is still in development!  A game does not usually have subscibers when it is still being coded.  However I fail to see how any of this really deals with Imperator.  Seems to me that it is either someone trying to hype EvE or bash Mythic. 

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

The only game I see attempting a single world in the near future is D&L. The big question is will they have "hundreds of thousands" of suscribers, and if so, will they be able to handle it. Otherwise it could be quite a while until another single server game comes out.

image image

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
  • hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221

Gods and Heroes will knock imperetor out of the race anyways. They should just vaporware it now to save some money.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• Originally posted by dsorrent

The other thing I'd like to mention here is, in a year or so, when someone actually DOES have a game with 100k+ subscribers logged into a single game world, does that make Mythic a liar then? No, it does not. Time is relevant in all statements. At the point which the statement was made, yes, it probably was indeed true. Just because we read it months/years later, we can't then say "Hey! They lied!".
    Someone once said the earth was flat. We know now it isn't (Well, most of us do.. someone needs to talk to these people) but does that make those people back then a bunch of liars? No, it doesn't.

You need to find a better example. The majority of the world always knew the earth was round. It was the middle class, and lower class, Europeans who thought the Earth was flat. The elite Europeans secretly knew the earth was round. Asians, Middle Easterners, Nubians, Egyptians, ("Africa" got named Africa after Leo Africanus discovered it for Europe. Forget about the millions of Nubians, Egyptians, Zulu, and Ethiopians already there.) Bablyonians, all knew the earth was round. And the proof is.... they have maps (many which still exist today) showing all the continents, including Antartica!

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_1.htm

[quote]The Turkish admiral admits in a series of notes on the map that he compiled and copied the data from a large number of source maps, some of which dated back to the fourth century BC or earlier[/quote]

[quote]could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.[/quote]

I do not fault you for not knowing about this. 99.99% of all official education is misseducation. On purpose, or because the teachers do not even know they are miss-educating. BTW Christobo Columbo got his idea of sailing west after first visiting the Turks and seeing their maps. He knew ahead of time what he would find. image

More proof it was well known that planets were round, in ancient times:

http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/antikyth/antikyth.html

http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=4572_0_1_0_C

• Originally posted by Xzaro

May I ask, what in the world is Strive For Power?

Strive for Power is a MMORPG that has been around for at least 2+ years. It is made and run by 1 guy. imageHe coded it, funded it, paid for the server, everything. He also regularly posts on the SfP forums and takes player suggestions. And he accepts player contributions to help with the costs, and to make the game better. It has 100% hardcore,image perma-death.image BUT it also has many unique features, such as:

- Allowing players to play with 1-6 charactersimage at the same time. image

- A unique leveling system no other MMORPG has. Basically, it is a mixture of having as many battles as possible without healing yourself... AND... without training yourself. To "level up" you train yourself. The skills that will level up are the skills you use the most. The longer you go inbetween training yourself, the better chance you have of successfully leveling up when you do train yourself.

- A game world/map large enough to meet the bare minimum of feeling like you are in a world.

- BEFORE you get into battles, is when you buff yourself, and set the tactics of your character (at what point to run when your health falls below a certain level, at what health level you will cast your heal spells, etc...etc...)image

- Monsters will also realistically run away from you when their health gets low. AND of course you can chase them down.

- The most dangerous areas... in order of least dangerous to most dangerous... are.... the hills, woods, swamps/marshes, mountains, dungeons, then mountain dungeons. The plains/grasslands tend to be the safest areas. New players should hang around plains/grasslands that are within view of towns.

SfP cannot imagecompare to other MMORPGs in the graphics imageand eyecandy imagedepartment. imageBUT it blows away many modern MMORPGs with its unique game features, imageand game mechanics, imagesome of which I have listed. You go deep into a dungeon, you litterally risk not coming out alive! And losing every single thing! LOL!

Anyone who is a fan of MUDs, imageMOOs, imageand MUSHes, imagehave the best chances of liking SfP, imagesince it is not cutting edge in the graphics department. Anyone who wishes to experience the ONLY permadeath imageMMORPG, the longest running permadeath imageMMORPG, should also ignore the lack of cutting edge graphics, and check out SfP.

And... it is still 100% FREEE to play. image

http://sfp.plit.dk/

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by dsorrent
    The other thing I'd like to mention here is, in a year or so, when someone actually DOES have a game with 100k+ subscribers logged into a single game world, does that make Mythic a liar then? No, it does not. Time is relevant in all statements. At the point which the statement was made, yes, it probably was indeed true. Just because we read it months/years later, we can't then say "Hey! They lied!".Someone once said the earth was flat. We know now it isn't (Well, most of us do.. someone needs to talk to these people) but does that make those people back then a bunch of liars? No, it doesn't.

I don't know if you read through that page about the flat earth but it's hilarious if you read it. I don't think it was meant to be serious in any way. At first I was reading and wondering just how stupid someone could be and then I found this little tid-bit that gave me a good chuckle

After spending over sixteen million dollars and using over 48 thousand yards of industrial strength strapping tape, we of the Flat Earth Society were able to construct an enormously powerful neurotransmitter that can implant suggestions directly into the brains of the nearby non-Flat Earthers. Having set it up just outside of the Russian Antarctic exploration post (Vostok), we are awaiting word that all three scientists and 174 penguins have been shown the light.

There's a ton of little paragraphs in the website that make you laugh and realise that no, humanity hasn't begun to de-evolve... at least not as far as this is concerned ::::20::