Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Horror of Project Natal

FoxBoyZeroFoxBoyZero Member Posts: 10
Here is what you know, project natal (aka Kinect)is a advanced motion control device for xbox 360.

Here is what you may not know. IT'S A GATEWAY TO CASUALIZATION!!!!!!!! It's unfortunate but true. The xbox 360 currently has a mostly hardcore player base, and mostly "m" rated hardcore games are released for it. but then Kinect was announced and I knew it would be dark days for hardcore gamers. if you go to "xbox.com/kinect" at the bottom of the page you will see a list of games made exclusivity for Kinect, there all (except maybe the Sonic game) casual games made by game developers who came up and said "hey let's exploit the new motion controls and completely ignore things like gameplay, story or fun".

How do I know motion control will cause games to be casual? IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE!!!! believe it or not, before xbox was hardcore capital of the gaming industry, hardcore and casual coexisted peacefully among the consoles of nintendo. This came to an end when nintendo decided to favor casual gamers over hardcore gamers, and released the WII. when the WII was released game focused on the controls and less on the 3 key factors of video games (gameplay, story and graphics) as a result less and less nintendo games got ratings of 9.5 (before that rating was allover nintendo power's rating section), a few xbox 360 games are getting 10s.

Casualization happened to the WII, and Kinect is inviting it to xbox 360

How do we close shut the gates of casualization? nintendo did not give us much choice with the WII, but fortunately Microsoft did. All we have to do is simply not buy Kinect (easier said then done, as the majority of Microsofts customers must agree to the boycott)

<<FBZ>>

Comments

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

So you consider games like Metroid prime Resident evil 4 Mario Galaxy Zelda and those Wii sport and fitness games as Casuall?

How abot say a new Halo game with such tech or what about a new Street fighter. Those games would benifit nicely with a motion controller. And are not casuall either.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• I'm more interested in the Playstation Move. The controllers look like glowing ice cream cones. I love ice cream!

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

lol, 360 userbase mostly hardcore, thats a good one.

And as for "most" of its games being M rated, again lol, most of its games are  rated T or under.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I'm not sure how to feel about Kinect, I will just have to see it for myself before i judge.

and so what if the release titles for it are crummy. It does a lot more than just those games. There will be more games for it. Not to mention its being released before X-mas. Best time for kids to get what they want. Marketing.