Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short about combat.

OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

I thougth I would make a little something, a quick one, about combat. And share a little motivation on why I have set up the deck this way. Now one can discuss why I have that skill and not another one and so on. But I have made some mistakes, not reading correctly, thinking a bit wrong. When picking skills to train. But it's not ment as a definit guide on what to do and what is the best.

Just an easy quick view and not to indepth. And the screenshots may not be consistent with the deck and target. 

While this is only showing about concentration there are skills that to the same for the other attributes aswell.

On this picture one can see the benefit from not dying. I have gained pep points and my character is at pep lvl1. Character lvl is 8. From being at pep lvl1 I gained +1 in physic/morale/concentration what it gives me is shown in the description. There is 6 colored on mine, compared to 5 being the ordinary.

This pep lvl is something that one loses when dying.

This is the first step in my fight. I pick whatever skill that suits, for instance the skill on the right gives me a damage bonus

when I attack and have more in concentration than the target.

Headshot:

Calculated: Thoughful attacks that have increased damage if the target has a lower concentration than the Skill User.

There are other skills, melee, that gives me that aswell ofcourse. And the skills do damage even if I don't have more concentration. As I have +1 in concentration due to being at pep lvl1 it gives me a pretty good start.

There ways to get more concentration points and lower the targets concentration points during the fight as described below.

At this stage I have initiated the attack and the target is in range for melee. I choose to use the skill on the right, side step.

Mainly because of this.

Side Step:

Maneuver: Gain 1 rank concentration on hit, but lose 1 rank concentration if the attack misses.

Distract: Concentration is reduced by 3 Ranks. At the end of the duration, Concentration is raised by 3 ranks again.

Now at stage3 of this fight I have lowered the concentration on the target and raised mine. Giving the target slower attack rate and giving me higher attack rate. And it also makes me shure that with the final attack I use will gain from me having more concentration.

Dance of Blades:

Calculated: Thoughful attacks that have increased damage if the target has a lower concentration than the Skill User.

After the fight is over I may have ended up with full concentration that gives me benefits for the next fight if I don't take to long to initiate it. It is so for the other status bars aswell I may be low/high on the others, depending on what the target did to me, and have to consider it before attacking a new target directly.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

Comments

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

stickied.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Thanks very much :D

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• Anvil_TheoryAnvil_Theory Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Vaygus

stickied.

*Thumbs up*

• theopatheopa Member Posts: 7

Thank You for the nice description. 

A few weeks ago I started once to play Spellborn, but I didn't liked it because the combat system was too exotic and I didn't understood it but the graphics, the atmosphere, etc. were really impressive. Now I will try it a second time. 

Wish me luck ;)