Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new nvidia card?

SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

I was talking to a guy at a local computer store about building me a nice gaming computer for about 1000$.  He said he is in making one right  now thats a triple core 3.0, 500mb HD, and a brand new not even mass distributed graphics card from nvidia.  I totally forgot what he said it was, but he said it had 768mb.  So that leads me to believe he was talking about the GTX460, but thats been out for well over a month.  Does anyone know what hes talking about? Because form what I've read, the 460 is more of a budget card.

Comments

• kamikkazekamikkaze Member Posts: 83

i stop reading at 500MB HD, based on the "good gaming PC"

LOTRO player

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

That's salesman for: "I think you are an idiot."

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• windasmwindasm Member UncommonPosts: 86

Here's a link with card listings from the nvidia site.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by windasm

Here's a link with card listings from the nvidia site.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html

Thanks but I've looked at that a few times.  I'm trying to figure out if there is some kind of new nvidia card coming out or already semi-released.  Because he said his business had one of the few cards released so far in the midwest.  I can't see someone making up something that crazy without it being true. I guess I'll call tomorrow because if it is a gtx460 then hes full o' crap.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Sevensodd

I was talking to a guy at a local computer store about building me a nice gaming computer for about 1000$.  He said he is in making one right  now thats a triple core 3.0, 500mb HD, and a brand new not even mass distributed graphics card from nvidia.  I totally forgot what he said it was, but he said it had 768mb.  So that leads me to believe he was talking about the GTX460, but thats been out for well over a month.  Does anyone know what hes talking about? Because form what I've read, the 460 is more of a budget card.

Sounds like he's either a moron or full of shit or both. A triple core with 3.0 ghz? I'm not aware of an AMD X3 CPU released that has that speed without overclocking, nor am I aware of an intel X3 CPU. 500 MB HD is a bit small and a not even mass produced nvidia card that has 768mb of ram? As far as I know and I'm not really interested in nvidia right now, is that any nvidia card sub 1 gig is a waste since you can get a 1 gig one for a tiny bit more anyway.

That's just my opinion though.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by kamikkaze

I didnt catch that bit lolz ville. 

• windasmwindasm Member UncommonPosts: 86

Originally posted by eycel

Originally posted by kamikkaze

I didnt catch that bit lolz ville. 

It would might hold one game...hehe

edited: and it would probably have to be a 5 year game for that. Most recent multiplayer games takes a average of 6 gb of space.

I think he meant 500GB

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

In any case, there is no super-secret video card from Nvidia, and if I were the OP, I wouldn't trust a computer salesman to begin with. It's one thing if you really know the ins and outs of computers to begin with, and can look at the deal you're being offered to see if you're being BSed or not, but honestly, if I was the OP, I'd stick to major, reputable stores, like Newegg or Amazon, and not that guy down the street who seems kinda legit and says he's got a "killer" deal.