Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a good dungeon crawler?

darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

well i just saw Heroes of Newerth and i thought it looked pretty good..exept for the the price im not planning on spending 30 dollars just for a fun game...so is there any game out there that has the same goodgraphics and the same ''2D or whatever you call it'' in it?  ive already tryed league of legends but i didnt liked that very much...so any ideas on what i could try next?

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Not sure what type of game you are after but Savage 2 comes to mind. It is 100% free but people who buy the game get things like stat tracking , game replays..ect. The game is also only 10$ if you wanted all the little perks.

http://www.savage2.com/en/main.php

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

well the genre i ment was kinda like Dungeon Siege...that sort of thing...ill have a look at the link you gave =)

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Looking for a Diablo type game or DoTA type game?

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The games you mentioned are what you call DOTA games, dungeon crawlers are totally different. If your looking for DOTA type games then yes Savage 2 is definitely a good choice as for a crawler you could always buy Torchlight for 20 bucks.

more looking for a game in the direction of Diablo...

just played savage 2 and thats not rlly the game i was looking for...still a nice game just not the typ i whant =P...like i said before looking for a game sort of like Diablo and Dungeon Siege...just a ''normal'' mmorpg just with the camera angle like in Diablo..maybe this will clear things up abit =P

• lostwhisperlostwhisper Member Posts: 7

Well as a previous poster said, Torchlight is a pretty good dungeon crawler, although not an MMO. I don't know any dungeon crawler you can play online with others...well, other than Diablo.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

DDO

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Not fantasy based, or a mmorpg, but Valve released Alien Storm for free on Steam a couple of days ago. It's a nice blend of Diablo type gameplay with an Aliens (the movie) kind of setting.

• SauronasSauronas Member Posts: 183

DDO ftw

• lostwhisperlostwhisper Member Posts: 7

DDO doesn't have the Diablo camera angle.

was just about to say that...maybe ill just have a look at that torchlight thing...or ill just play Diablo think that would so fine =P

• RuzickaRuzicka Member Posts: 4

DDO is by far the best for dungeons. The game almost centers around it, plus there's traps and puzzles, you dont just go flying in them killing monsters. (though theres plenty of that too in the game)

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

tourchlight for sure..not free but cheap as chips...also Titan Quest is good and cheap

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

Archlord if it's still going sounds about right.

Originally posted by Shadewalker

Archlord if it's still going sounds about right.

not really a dungeon crawler at all

• ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

Originally posted by SgtFrog

tourchlight for sure..not free but cheap as chips...also Titan Quest is good and cheap

Both of these games are cheap but addictive and thoroughly descent diablo clones.  Just be sure to get Titan's Quest:  Immortal Throne.

• ShadewalkerShadewalker Member Posts: 299

When I mentioned Archlord I may have been thinking of Dungeon Runner.

To me, both games were instantly forgettable, hence my confusion, but to someone else they may be worth checking out.

Originally posted by Shadewalker

When I mentioned Archlord I may have been thinking of Dungeon Runner.

To me, both games were instantly forgettable, hence my confusion, but to someone else they may be worth checking out.

DR closed down their servers :)..