Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free trial for EQ2

CennCenn Member Posts: 239

Umm, just noticed the banner up the top - a bit slow maybe...

EQ2 has put out a free trial... already?

Has anyone tried it i wonder?

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

It's just the tutorial island...not really "immersive" trial in my opinion.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

it's the Isle of Refuge.

It contains about 10 class-specific quests plus about 30 various multi-class options. It has crafting resources to level up to 6 in Artisan and likewise for your profession.

If you have never played EQ 2 before and want to try before buy...or even see how your computer fares with it's system requirements...then it's a decent download

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307
    In my opinion... The EQ trial is great, as far as MMO trials go. It has a great way of showing you the story leading up to EQII then throwing you into it. Well not so much "throwing" as older MMO's did, as sliding you into the story. I say if you have Cable/DSL, Time, and enough room on your hard drive, go for it.
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Hey, its a free eye-candy machine. I'd get it just to see as your rig fares, and Enigma stated.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Hyper_PorsheHyper_Porshe Member Posts: 20

I downloaded it, after 2 1/2 hours of installing, it didnt work because of my dang video card, I sure was VERY HAPPY after that happened..::::10::

-Hyper::::28::

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by En1Gma
    it's the Isle of Refuge.It contains about 10 class-specific quests plus about 30 various multi-class options. It has crafting resources to level up to 6 in Artisan and likewise for your profession.
    If you have never played EQ 2 before and want to try before buy...or even see how your computer fares with it's system requirements...then it's a decent download

Except IOR Trial is not a good judge of how well you system will run EQ2. It may run fine there, but Qeynos & Freeport will bring most 512mb systems to their knees.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by kishe
    It's just the tutorial island...not really "immersive" trial in my opinion.

The tutorial is the boat, the island is just a place to "get your feet wet" so to speak. It continues to instruct you in some ways like the boat did, but you have full gameplay ability on the island, including questing, hunting, and tradeskills.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

For anyone thinking of trying it, the initial download may be small, but the patch is huge. Don't try this without cable or high end DSL (took me more than an hour on cable).

image image

• ShinAsukaShinAsuka Member Posts: 19

I NEED DIRECT X 9.0C!!!!!!!!!!!
    but i dont know were to download direct x 9.0c to play the free trial

• XavonXavon Member Posts: 334

Shin, there is a handy little site out there named Google, it will make your life a lot easier....

• ShinAsukaShinAsuka Member Posts: 19

ahem did that.......ive download this file name
    directxwebsetup.....i dont know if it is the right file...imean ive install it, its only took 40. of a sec to finsih (witchi its really fast)
    and then im going to then game and the screen said directx9.0c is missing

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by ShinAsuka

what version of windows are you running that you didnt just use windows update???

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• azn1337gamerazn1337gamer Member Posts: 11
    imageHow could you not try EQ2 trial. I have the game but you should definetly try this game its one of the greatest games of all time. TRY IT.image
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by ShinAsuka

Uhhh... not to be obvious but:
    www.microsoft.com/directx

:)

The trial is very very well done. I had totally sworn off EverQuest titles after leaving EQ1 about 1 year ago then saw the trial. I said 'what the heck' and tried it. I now own EQ2 and the SOE All Access pass so I can play SWG, EQ1 with my brother on occasion, EQ2 and PlanetSide

The trial is very good. If you can run the trial you can play the game. Yes, the cities are a bit taxing but it's not horrid. I had very little trouble with a P4 1.2ghz with 512mb of RAM and a GeForce 5700 video card. It didn't have too terribly much trouble as long as I kept the settings slammed at the minimum while in town. Outside town I could set them to pretty decent levels and really enjoy the graphics.

Fortunately I can now play the game maxed out since my tax return let me upgrade :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas