Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demon's Souls

2»

Comments

• RanmattRanmatt Member Posts: 16

weird that i see a topic on this after i just started playing it again today.

(slight spoilers)

Its a fun game once you can run the first level cause then if you hit a hard spot you can always grind some souls/ herbs. it may not be bad thing though to look up what bosses do before hand cause you gotta ask yourself if you die are you gonna rage quit. i stopped playing my first time cause i couldnt beat the gragoyle like boss and those damn gold skeletons on a diff level. my problem was though i never learned any magic was all melee. id recomend learning some spells they help alot, and if you play as royalty you get a ring that recharges mana over time. id recommend that class over all others just for that. you do get find the ring later on in the prison level though. careful of the squid heads id recomend a spear.

enjoy

I am Ranmatt

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

I watch my boyfriend play this all the time (he's on his second play through or whatever) and it looks like a really good game, and it honestly doesn't look super duper hard like everyone says it is, but I can see that it certainly has some difficulty. Haven't played it yet, but plan on trying it soon. 

Edit: Dude in the game this cut scene happened, and he got summoned and now he is playing as a boss and waiting for another to player to come and fight him, how sick is that? 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by Aeroangel

I watch my boyfriend play this all the time (he's on his second play through or whatever) and it looks like a really good game, and it honestly doesn't look super duper hard like everyone says it is, but I can see that it certainly has some difficulty. Haven't played it yet, but plan on trying it soon. 

Edit: Dude in the game this cut scene happened, and he got summoned and now he is playing as a boss and waiting for another to player to come and fight him, how sick is that? 

Yeah i done that, in world 3 if you try to join a co op game it can put you in as the boss of the level, i ended up beating the player and won the Monks Headwrap item which is very good for magic users!

Its not so much a difficult game like people have said but when you die going back to the very start of the level can be infuriating, especially if you die fighting the boss.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by SlickShoes

Originally posted by Aeroangel

Yeah i done that, in world 3 if you try to join a co op game it can put you in as the boss of the level, i ended up beating the player and won the Monks Headwrap item which is very good for magic users!

Its not so much a difficult game like people have said but when you die going back to the very start of the level can be infuriating, especially if you die fighting the boss.

Yeah that seems to be the biggest part of the difficulty in my eyes, is that every time you die you lose so much and have to work so hard to get back to where you were before. Still looks like a good game to me though (= 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

As a predominantly PC gamer, this is one of the very, very few Console titles I own.  Look and style is cool.  I thought it was from a Western dev team due to the theme and appearance, but it's by a Japanese team.  The game is great but difficult and unforgiving.  Unless you really know what you're walking into when you first buy this game, you will get your a** kicked at first.  Hard.  I'd venture to say is to not get attached to your first toon because you will make alot of stupid mistakes or decisions that will cost you some tremendous rewards.  Once I got a good grasp on how to play, I restarted a new toon and was absolutely efficient with a better knowledge of gameplay and far less hesitation.

The "unforgiving" aspect about the game is not only does it have a bit of a learning curve, but the "Souls" you collect?  If you die in a level, ALL your Souls drop at that point.  God help you if the Souls drop in an unreachable area.

This game rewards patience and going in with a plan, knowing what you're about to get into.  There are of course times when it's pefectly fine to go crashing right in, but quite a bit of threats later on are geared exactly for that type of action.  You also need to know your limitations, because the game does also put high level NPCs in a map (compared to you).  They're tough as hell and can kill you with a glancing shot until you level up, but you CAN take them out with clever gameplay and get some nice, early rewards.

The game is tough to learn, but I enjoyed the challenge and came back for more.  Personally, I went Knight at first.  But it also helps to learn ranged attacks (magic or whatnot) in addition to melee combat.  You need some of that flexibility, IMO.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)