Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New screen shots for Realm Crafter, Make your own MMORPG

gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Realm Crafter lets you make your own MMORPG with little or no programming experience. Check out some of the screenshots at

http://www.mmorpgmaker.com/

The game comes with some models, but you can always add your own. So if you don't like the toons or Mobs, you can use some model making software to design something that fits your MMORPG.

Comments

• LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182
    How do you download it...?

---------------------------------------------

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by LightSlayer
    How do you download it...?

On their main page " We are eagerly awaiting the release of Realm Crafter."

So, it has not been released yet.

Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

Can't wait till it is out!!!!!!!

• BigMastaBigMasta Member Posts: 29

i got a slogan for it " Realm Crafter, For people who cant make mmorpgs...But still wants to"you kno no 1 is going to make a mmorpg off of it....thats real unproffesional..and if you cant program i know you you cant make 3d models.....

go to www.freewebs.com/thebluelake

• NaelosNaelos Member Posts: 2

you don't have to know how to program to make 3d models.

• OwynOwyn Member Posts: 337

To quote the official website:

The Realm Crafter MMORPG engine gives you the power to create your own multiplayer online role-playing game. The Realm Crafter engine was designed for anyone interested in creating an MMORPG, from those with no coding skills to the experienced game programmer. You can use the engine to create either a hobby game for you and a few friends or a large multiplayer commercial game where monthly subscriptions are charged.

For most people, using the standard version, RC is going to be much like a "graphical MUD-making" system, I think. I mean, you can go download CoffeeMUD code for free (http://www.zimmers.net/home/mud/) and toss up a quick MUD in a few hours. I suspect the standard version of RC will be similar.

Of course, you can also take CoffeeMUD and, given some real effort and a few scores of hours, make a decent MUD. It'll still LOOK like most other CoffeeMUDs. It'll still PLAY like most other CoffeeMUDs. But it could be a lot of fun anyway - I used to have a blast in LPMUDs back in the early 90s. ::::39::

Then again, if you were good at Java, you could open the source code for CoffeeMUD and really make it into something different. You could add in new types of content, modify the game systems, and really create a MUD that was unique - totally different from anything else out there. And likewise, if you buy the pro version of RealmCrafter, you get the source code. So a skilled team with good modelers and strong Blitz Basic programmers could in fact make their own game, totally unique from anything else out there.

I suspect we will see far more quick jobs with little skill involved than we will see strong games out of this engine. ::::39:: That said - I already know of several pro or semi-pro teams working on games that will be using RC. Most will probably be small, on the scale of ATITD, WW2O, etc - 2k-10k players. Don't know how many if any will succeed - but some should. It may be that the era of competitive garage-built persistant world games is almost upon us.

Owyn
    Commander, Defenders of Order
    http://www.defendersoforder.com

i kno you dont have to....but your going to haveto do both to make an mmorpg...and with this thing your not going to have to do only 3d models..........but whatever

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399
    this sounds awesome. im looking forward to it. im hoping it has a noobie version for me :) since i know nothing about creating anything on a computer.(other than in paint  image)

well your going to have to learn 3d modeling for the game......unless you download free 3d models....then your really a noob..

• RudnocRudnoc Member Posts: 208

QUOTE: BigMasta "Small Brains"

His first post: "i got a slogan for it " Realm Crafter, For people who cant make mmorpgs...But still wants to"you kno no 1 is going to make a mmorpg off of it....thats real unproffesional..and if you cant program i know you you cant make 3d models....."

His second post: " kno you dont have to....but your going to haveto do both to make an mmorpg...and with this thing your not going to have to do only 3d models..........but whatever"

And, his third: "

well your going to have to learn 3d modeling for the game......unless you download free 3d models....then your really a noob.."

First off Masta; why are you so pessimistic with someone interested in learning how to work with making their own story?

Secondly; are you really 24 years old or should we assume you added the 4 for fun?

Now, why I call you "Small Brains" is, do you REALLY think even if he/she was going to start working on his/her own MMORPG using Realm Crafter, that he/she would be doing it alone? Do you think ANYONE in their RIGHT mind would be working on their own MMORPG, ALL ALONE??? I don't think so! Most creators that are independant or  homemade devs, don't even know the FIRST THING about Programming or how to even draw on a piece of paper. They know, however...a story they have in their head and want to bring it to life in a game for others to experience. However, they may know how to use notepad or Word to accomplish their goals. Then like most people do and even real dev teams, gather a BUNCH of people to do the coding and others, mind you to do the art work. I have never really seen anyone that knew how to use even 3d studiomax and also knew how to even mess with MYSQL, Visual C, or other forms of programming or any type of code writing. That goes the same way with the code writers. Infact there are a lot of graphic artists that know how to do all the 2d art, but then you even have other artists that have specific training in 3d modeling.

So, where do you get off telling anyone else whether they can do this or not. If you were INTELLEGENT enough you would see that this tool can be used by the most ignorant to a guru in programming and in art to accomplish their goals. You can create basic and simple worlds with no other outside tools or you can go onto revamping the whole thing to create a totally unique world in all. This shows how people from as little as no experience to people that write code or draw in their sleep can make worlds that are from within their own imagination. If you think jackman is a n00b because he doesn't know how to make 3d models, but wants to create his own gaming world, then you my friend are a complete IDIOT!!! Everyone starts somewhere and it is typically from the start, right where you are throw your condemnation at.

Anyone that knows anything about gamingknows that it takes a group of people to make a game. This even includes the little guys. I am sure all you story writers, map makers, sound editors, tile modelers, 3d modelers, scriptors, code gurus and et al of the Neverwinter Nights Aurora toolset users know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

As for BigMasta I have only one thing to say to you...  I suggest you listen more and keep your little trap shut and stop offending people just because they have more inspiration to do something, unlike you.

Nuff said

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701
    The best part of running your own MMORPG, is having 100s of players using your computer as a server.   And when it crashes having whiners cry non-stop in IMs or chatrooms.   Loads of fun!!! image
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Im already taking Pre-Orders for my MMO called

Heroes of Ultimate Anarchy Dragon Wars in Space Adventure from another Universe Time Quest

or HUADWSAAUTQ for short

Please send your Credit Card Details to me via PM image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Originally posted by Rudnoc

His first post: "i got a slogan for it " Realm Crafter, For people who cant make mmorpgs...But still wants to"you kno no 1 is going to make a mmorpg off of it....thats real unproffesional..and if you cant program i know you you cant make 3d models....."
    His second post: " kno you dont have to....but your going to haveto do both to make an mmorpg...and with this thing your not going to have to do only 3d models..........but whatever"
    And, his third: "
    well your going to have to learn 3d modeling for the game......unless you download free 3d models....then your really a noob.."
    Now, why I call you "Small Brains" is, do you REALLY think even if he/she was going to start working on his/her own MMORPG using Realm Crafter, that he/she would be doing it alone? Do you think ANYONE in their RIGHT mind would be working on their own MMORPG, ALL ALONE??? I don't think so! Most creators that are independant or  homemade devs, don't even know the FIRST THING about Programming or how to even draw on a piece of paper. They know, however...a story they have in their head and want to bring it to life in a game for others to experience. However, they may know how to use notepad or Word to accomplish their goals. Then like most people do and even real dev teams, gather a BUNCH of people to do the coding and others, mind you to do the art work. I have never really seen anyone that knew how to use even 3d studiomax and also knew how to even mess with MYSQL, Visual C, or other forms of programming or any type of code writing. That goes the same way with the code writers. Infact there are a lot of graphic artists that know how to do all the 2d art, but then you even have other artists that have specific training in 3d modeling.
    So, where do you get off telling anyone else whether they can do this or not. If you were INTELLEGENT enough you would see that this tool can be used by the most ignorant to a guru in programming and in art to accomplish their goals. You can create basic and simple worlds with no other outside tools or you can go onto revamping the whole thing to create a totally unique world in all. This shows how people from as little as no experience to people that write code or draw in their sleep can make worlds that are from within their own imagination. If you think jackman is a n00b because he doesn't know how to make 3d models, but wants to create his own gaming world, then you my friend are a complete IDIOT!!! Everyone starts somewhere and it is typically from the start, right where you are throw your condemnation at.
    Anyone that knows anything about gamingknows that it takes a group of people to make a game. This even includes the little guys. I am sure all you story writers, map makers, sound editors, tile modelers, 3d modelers, scriptors, code gurus and et al of the Neverwinter Nights Aurora toolset users know EXACTLY what I am talking about.
    As for BigMasta I have only one thing to say to you...  I suggest you listen more and keep your little trap shut and stop offending people just because they have more inspiration to do something, unlike you.
    Nuff said

Amen

• Dantes77Dantes77 Member Posts: 106
    If anyone wants to really utilize this program to see its potentials you guys should form a team and see whatcha come up with. This kind of stuff is always fun.
  • BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Razorback
    Im already taking Pre-Orders for my MMO called
    Heroes of Ultimate Anarchy Dragon Wars in Space Adventure from another Universe Time Quest
    or HUADWSAAUTQ for short
    Please send your Credit Card Details to me via PM image

lmao- this somehow sounds like another game I know::::35::.

However, I'm also making a mmorpg, based out of a Eastern Eurpoean Country. It is going to be named Shadowbane 2.0 w/ permadeath. Please send me pre-orders- you will get a Discount of my Game!!!!! My Shadowbane 2.0 will also have very nasty mods from a eastern block country(NO speak da englisk)- so please dont use words like "scam" or "somethingawful.com"-ull get a perma ban and I will post your IP!!!!!!!!!::::26::::::25::::::26::

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Hey you dont think I could come up with a cool idea like that by myself do you ?

I needed a little "Eastern European Influence" image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Hmmm, I do want to take opportunity and create a team, message me on X-Fire if you want to make a MMORPG team! I got a great idea and I think we all can do it, click the X-Fire Siggy to pm me!

• IngeniousMasIngeniousMas Member Posts: 2

Or instead of waiting for Realm Crafter, you could begin work on a MMORPG right now!

Once, an open source MMORPG using the Crystal Space 3D engine is undergoing development.  We are looking for anyone who has ever wanted to work on a MMORPG.   The project is open, so everyone controls input on the game.  You can put in as little or as much time as you desire.   Right now we are looking for programmers, 2D artists, 3d artists, and animators.  However, if you think you can offer something to the project-wheter it be gameplay ideas, setting, storyline, etc.--you should definitely stop by!  You can find ONCE in channel #once on irc.freenode.net  or at http://www.once.net.nz/.

~IngeniousMask

• scx316scx316 Member Posts: 106
    u guys are stupid if ur already takin pre-orderz....i wasnt sure if yall was playin or not but thatz just dumb...what if u suck at makin gamez and have stupid ideaz that u think is sweet but they suck.
  • Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by scx316
    u guys are stupid if ur already takin pre-orderz....i wasnt sure if yall was playin or not but thatz just dumb...what if u suck at makin gamez and have stupid ideaz that u think is sweet but they suck.

Don't blame him, blame public education..

• DrimacusDrimacus Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Regal_TR

Originally posted by scx316 u guys are stupid if ur already takin pre-orderz....i wasnt sure if yall was playin or not but thatz just dumb...what if u suck at makin gamez and have stupid ideaz that u think is sweet but they suck.
    Don't blame him, blame public education..

Hahahaha. They've replaced teachings about sarcasm with teaching how to replace S's with Z's!

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Does this take anyone back to the textual adventure creator called 'The Quill' back in the days of 8-bit computing? You could make some passable adventure games with that utility, and I believe Level 9 created a number of commercial games that were made (and heavily modified) with 'The Quill'.

I don't expect this product to frighten any of the big boys, but I think it will be good to see people's creative juices unleashed; especially given the quality of the modding community in the gaming world. There is a world of difference (light-years) in releasing a game for just a few mates to muck around on and releasing a product that has commercial viability.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

This program has potential, the only drawbacks to a program that creates an MMO is that there might not be as much freedom to the game mechanics, ect. But it's great if you don't have any programming experience and want to get the creativity flowing.

The program could flop, or be quite good. Guess we'll have to wait.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Realm Crafter seems like a cool program, but I think that half of you wanting to buy this don't know what your in for. Do you guys even know the process of making 3D moldels? It's not based on drawing. Many is done from sculptures. Whats the use playing your mmo when your using models that came with Relam Crafter. All I can say is that this won't be a "walk in the park" thing going on. Beleive me on this one. Making games is not easy.

If you still want to attempt, you might want to get some friends and some education.....

Other than that....THINK

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos