Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOA new stuff

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Hi, my wife and I are returning to DAOC and are having a hard time finding info out on the new TOA changes. All I really know is I do a couple quests from the classic server and my dragon armor is updated with TOA stats, and were ML 5 I beleive. After that were lost lol. If we have the Dragon armor, do we need to farm scales? BPs I can purchase what with? Glass I can perchase what with? Basically is there a link or can someone explain all this TOA stuff to me. Arties can they be bought and where do you level them. I know it s alot but I can t find any real info on it.

Thanks

Comments

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Originally posted by Leucent

Hi, my wife and I are returning to DAOC and are having a hard time finding info out on the new TOA changes. All I really know is I do a couple quests from the classic server and my dragon armor is updated with TOA stats, and were ML 5 I beleive. After that were lost lol. If we have the Dragon armor, do we need to farm scales? BPs I can purchase what with? Glass I can perchase what with? Basically is there a link or can someone explain all this TOA stuff to me. Arties can they be bought and where do you level them. I know it s alot but I can t find any real info on it.

Thanks

Well most of us who used to run DAoC info sites shut them down a long time ago.

The information for some of what you ask is still out there. I think Vision of Sages site still exist in some form about the ToA stuff, however I do not think it has been updated in years.

Maybe I can answer some of your questions though.

BP's are used to purchase ToA items now like the books you need to actually activate an item. You can still farm and gather these in the old methods, but you now have the option to go to the ToA island and talk to the vendors inside of the ruins to purchase the Artifact items.

What I can tell you about ToA is, pretty  much all of the encounters react just the same as they did in the past, just the difficulty got toned WAYYYY down. What used to take a Raid or Battlegroup to achieve can now be done with a group of 8 or less. Everything in ToA can be done in a group of 8 or less except maybe a few of the upper end ML encounters. Even then it is prolly still viable to use 8 if you have all the right classes.

Arti's can be leveled anywhere, though some have requirements, like best thing that comes to mind is the belt of Sun and belt of Moon.

The Belt of Sun only gains exp during the daytime, and the Moon during the night. Typically an arti gains levels through wearing it while gaining normal exp. If you gain exp, typically so do your arti's.

Even still, it will be beneficial for you and your wife to find a nice guild to help you along. Playing on the Normal servers was always the most fun to me, as ToA adds tons of great and fun content to DAoC. To experience it though in it fullest you will need a small band of friends to roam with you.

This website will be the best info still on the web I am sure about ToA.

http://www.daoc-toa.net/

Also this site explain what others players use as templates for armor. Which will explain the use of most dragon armor.

http://www.daoctemplates.net/

Hope this helps.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by neonaka

Originally posted by Leucent

Thanks

Well most of us who used to run DAoC info sites shut them down a long time ago.

The information for some of what you ask is still out there. I think Vision of Sages site still exist in some form about the ToA stuff, however I do not think it has been updated in years.

Maybe I can answer some of your questions though.

BP's are used to purchase ToA items now like the books you need to actually activate an item. You can still farm and gather these in the old methods, but you now have the option to go to the ToA island and talk to the vendors inside of the ruins to purchase the Artifact items.

What I can tell you about ToA is, pretty  much all of the encounters react just the same as they did in the past, just the difficulty got toned WAYYYY down. What used to take a Raid or Battlegroup to achieve can now be done with a group of 8 or less. Everything in ToA can be done in a group of 8 or less except maybe a few of the upper end ML encounters. Even then it is prolly still viable to use 8 if you have all the right classes.

Arti's can be leveled anywhere, though some have requirements, like best thing that comes to mind is the belt of Sun and belt of Moon.

The Belt of Sun only gains exp during the daytime, and the Moon during the night. Typically an arti gains levels through wearing it while gaining normal exp. If you gain exp, typically so do your arti's.

Even still, it will be beneficial for you and your wife to find a nice guild to help you along. Playing on the Normal servers was always the most fun to me, as ToA adds tons of great and fun content to DAoC. To experience it though in it fullest you will need a small band of friends to roam with you.

This website will be the best info still on the web I am sure about ToA.

http://www.daoc-toa.net/

Also this site explain what others players use as templates for armor. Which will explain the use of most dragon armor.

http://www.daoctemplates.net/

Hope this helps.

Ty very much