Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which class.

Started the game, having trouble nailing down a class, was wondering what people thought.

Looking for a melee class that has alot to do and doesn't rely on a small few button cycle to do what it needs to do (like how in WoW, almost every class PvE wise is more or less on a 3-5 button rotation that never changes)

I like Paladin and Dread Knight both, mainly because I love the plate look and love their play styles so far. Only issue I have so far with Paladin, is I've heard they don't really shine till end game, and that Dread Knights only shine UNTILL end game.

I've also been trying the light fighters (I hate being range) and have enjoyed them all aside from Ranger. Only issue is will there be problems getting groups later on? Since I would imagine there are alot of DPS running around compared to tanks or heals.

Anyone other classes I should try in the magical catagories?

Comments

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

I played a Pally upto cap and have to say of the defensive class it was not too bad but it was lower DPS than both War and DK.

PAL had good aggro control though and some 'emergency' healing that came in handy, plus its one of the few classes with Res

have you tried Thief? its a good Melee fighter esp its debuffs and you can also pick fluff from enemies (good luck in finding the Book of Fluff though...)

as for magic its down to taste, I preferred my necro due to its Feign Death (aggro loss) and its res (if you got it ;) ) plus tis pet was good for aggro control etc

Sorc was good DPS but you had to be super careful with aggro control

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well, I cant say much about their status ingame, as I stopped playing about 9 months ago.

It is my understanding that people are concerned mainly because Paladin gets some uber items in endgame. Getting those is really anything but a cakewalk, though. People like me, who would play from europe with bad ping, wont stand a chance to ever get near those anyway now. You cant get into highend guilds if you suck.

Personally I really loved my female highelf paladin, though I never managed to play her much, although I played her almost exclusively in the end. I chose female because I wanted to have the unicorn steed for her, just in case you wonder. I deeply object to the idea of having a male person ride an unicorn. So no matter what, I would have played her, even if Paladin would suck.

I tried a Dread Knight back then, too. They are fun as well. In fact they are quite glorious. But I prefered my Paladin in the end. That was mainly because of style considerations, though.

Besides, warrior has its charms as well, as it was such a challenge when solo, but such good dps in group.

In short: Vanguard has 15 classes, and each and every one of them is fun to play.