Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new stuff in sto

Cruis.InCruis.In Member Posts: 16

so lets some stuff in season 2. i think sto will be a good game by season 4.

the cool stuff:

quantum slip stream drive: travel fast in sector space

sector space redesigned: looks much cooler

Galaxy X starship (c-store) the one from all good things

ship interiors (pretty big) with sliding doors, so no more beaming or something.

3 new tier 5 refit ships

Galaxy class with saucer separation special ability

intrepid class ( voyager ) with ablative armour ( from episode end game)

defiant class w/ a cloak (seems defiant got the worst gift, who wants to cloak anyway?

diplomatic corps (sounds crappy)

5 new fed/klingon episodes + 8 new klingon episodes

fluidic space (looks really good)

take a look here for pictures of alot of this stuff

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=161026

For what does it profit a man that he gain the whole world, but loseth his soul?

Comments

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Wonder if they are ever going to add any honest customer service employees (or any honest employees) (or any customer service employees, even ones who lie)

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Hopefully they will continue to make improvments and get away from, or lighten up on the cash shop end of things. I had some fun playing for awhile but nothing worth paying a sub for as yet.  I will keep  an eye on it and intend to sub for a month in the future to retry things out.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• david13edavid13e Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Philby

Hopefully they will continue to make improvments and get away from, or lighten up on the cash shop end of things. I had some fun playing for awhile but nothing worth paying a sub for as yet.  I will keep  an eye on it and intend to sub for a month in the future to retry things out.

Isn't that what we all hope?  Do you really think I would want ST to fail?  I just believe it is too little too late, and no I'm not happy about that.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Hopefully they will continue to make improvments and get away from, or lighten up on the cash shop end of things.

Don't hold your breath on that; everytime I turn around it seems that there is one dev or another mentioning how they're under pressure to keep pumping out C-store items. Whether it is the Cryptic excutive team and/or Atari, it seems that this is the route they wish to stay on. I find it rather sad really, as I think the players deserve better than this; at the very least Cryptic should concentrate more on getting the game to where it should have been at launch, and then they can worry about the C-store. The people who actually spent money on the game deserve at least that much.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Dinendae

Hopefully they will continue to make improvments and get away from, or lighten up on the cash shop end of things.

Don't hold your breath on that; everytime I turn around it seems that there is one dev or another mentioning how they're under pressure to keep pumping out C-store items. Whether it is the Cryptic excutive team and/or Atari, it seems that this is the route they wish to stay on. I find it rather sad really, as I think the players deserve better than this; at the very least Cryptic should concentrate more on getting the game to where it should have been at launch, and then they can worry about the C-store. The people who actually spent money on the game deserve at least that much.

Let me say amen brother.. although after logging in for the past couple of days to see if anything has changed I have noticed something. Almost everyone I run into has a "career officer" title, was liberated borg, had the special lifer comm badge, or something identifies them as a lifer. Browsing the forums you will find at least half of the posts are people with blue names. Could be significant because if over half of the remaining population is lifers that means most of the active players are not paying for the game. That might explain their panic rush to the c-store. If there is any truth to this then I wouldn't expect anything different until they fix that imbalance, which could be months or when it finally has to go F2P.

Originally posted by Logos1326

Let me say amen brother.. although after logging in for the past couple of days to see if anything has changed I have noticed something. Almost everyone I run into has a "career officer" title, was liberated borg, had the special lifer comm badge, or something identifies them as a lifer. Browsing the forums you will find at least half of the posts are people with blue names. Could be significant because if over half of the remaining population is lifers that means most of the active players are not paying for the game. That might explain their panic rush to the c-store. If there is any truth to this then I wouldn't expect anything different until they fix that imbalance, which could be months or when it finally has to go F2P.

You may be correct, but isn't most of that stuff available in the C-store now? What i mean is, is it possible to even be sure who is a lifetimer and who isn't, outside of the forums?

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Yep.  Just browse the official forums and look at who's posting.  A very sizeable amount are blue name / lifetime subbers.  Regular subscribers are an increasingly rarer breed in STO.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Also don't forget that awhile back a large chunk of the them chose to turn off their blue names just because it was getting so evident that pretty much all that were left were lifers. They figured it was a way to fool people into thinking there was actual life left in the game I guess. It's really in sad sad shape. No one should waste their time of money on this game.

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Dinendae

You may be correct, but isn't most of that stuff available in the C-store now? What i mean is, is it possible to even be sure who is a lifetimer and who isn't, outside of the forums?

No as far as I know besides the captain's table station they are the only remaining lifer and pre-order exclusives. Pretty much everything else is in the store though. Of couse the whole thing is just speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt.. just figure there has to be a bigger reason why, despite the outcry, titanic drop off in players, tremendously bad publicity, mostly over the c-store crap, Cryptic keeps going down this suicidal path instead of refocusing on the core game and letting the c-store cool off for a while. Seems like they can't stop picking at the open wound. Can't just be about greed but then who knows anymore...

No as far as I know besides the captain's table station they are the only remaining lifer and pre-order exclusives. Pretty much everything else is in the store though. Of couse the whole thing is just speculation on my part so take it with a grain of salt.. just figure there has to be a bigger reason why, despite the outcry, titanic drop off in players, tremendously bad publicity, mostly over the c-store crap, Cryptic keeps going down this suicidal path instead of refocusing on the core game and letting the c-store cool off for a while. Seems like they can't stop picking at the open wound. Can't just be about greed but then who knows anymore...

My theory remains that Cryptic and Atari are doing the C-store dance to get as much cash out of STO before their next MMO hits, and they start milking that. I don't think they'll close STO down, unless it starts costing them money, rather it will probably end up with the same fate as Vanguard has with SOE; a tiny dev team, and not enough resources to do anything more than light updates after awhile. I can easily see Cryptic following SOE's example and doing their version of SOE's Station Pass.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

You want to know what makes this all funny?  You all of course know this game's been out almost 6 months.  And it looks like the game is well into a death-like spiral with Cryptic doing nothing to pull out of it.  The majority of the passengers parachuted out.  But a few of them are still strapped in (blind faith) and the aircrew in the flight cabin have their sunglasses on and just lit their cigarretes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain speaking.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em!  We're going down!"

Heh... like these tools are just grabbing anything they can on the way down.  And with it, the MMORPG hopes of one of the world's revered IPs.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)