Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghosts in Mortal Online

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Since the patch yesterday, ghosts have been popping up around Nave.  With the new etherworld rules, dead players can manifest themselves in the realm of the living, if only briefly.  This goes with the new spiritism skills, which are a starter set of skills that will eventually delve deeper into the etherworld.

These are some screenshots taken by Xhodan earlier today.  Pretty cool stuff.

These and couple more can be found here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/50071-wtf-what-ghost-looking-thing.html#post970518

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Yeah, this is a very cool feat in MO. I can't wait when SV keep adding things around this feat ...

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

I'm curious as to where they're going with this. Most people, I imagine, spend only a few minutes in the ether while resurrecting back to the land of the living, so are there any real gameplay plans for this, or is it a cool but otherwise pointless feature?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Neoptolemus

I'm curious as to where they're going with this. Most people, I imagine, spend only a few minutes in the ether while resurrecting back to the land of the living, so are there any real gameplay plans for this, or is it a cool but otherwise pointless feature?

There's been a lot of speculation about the importance of the etherworld on the official forums.  I don't think anyone knows for certain.

But, from what the devs have said, this appears to be the beginning of sets of features that will hinge on the new Spiritism school of magic.  Right now, it's in a fledgling state.  Probably the most obvious use would be to resurrect other players.  Another guess is that spiritists may be able to travel through the etherworld, at least for short times.

I believe that the devs have also said that the etherworld is supposed to be a dangerous place, which has led to a lot of other speculation, like summoning creatures from that plane, or running into creatures while traveling through it.

For the moment, it's just a beginning (like a lot of other things), but it appears to be something they intend to flesh out quite a bit.

Here's a short note from Sebastian Persson regarding this content addition:

"1. Etherworld changes are indeed something that will bring a lot more content in the future, it's the very first step but it opens up a whole new type of content. It's in now since we wanted to remove talking ghosts. So rather then just turning chat when ghost off we built something bigger." http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/49897-patch-notes-v-1-18-34-48-patch-goes-live-friday-july-16th-2.html#post968249

Some of the conversation and speculation (and wish lists) can be seen in this thread here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/49905-etherworld.html#post968151

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BLittmanEsqBLittmanEsq Member Posts: 28

If I'm not mistaken I believe a dev mentioned player resurrections in the (somewhat) near future; I'm guessing the ghost manifestation will be a necessary step for that (if for no other reason than to give the mage something to 'target').

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by BLittmanEsq

If I'm not mistaken I believe a dev mentioned player resurrections in the (somewhat) near future; I'm guessing the ghost manifestation will be a necessary step for that (if for no other reason than to give the mage something to 'target').

Yes, resurrection is probably one thing and it open up for much more. Being dead will also become a exciting and interesting experience. :)

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Diekfoo

Yes, resurrection is probably one thing and it open up for much more. Being dead will also become a exciting and interesting experience. :)

Might be true, but I think at this point people are clamoring more for server stability than they are more features that may in fact, actually jeopardize server stability.

But if this is what the public is really asking for, then SV is delivering in spades.

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Originally posted by Diekfoo

Might be true, but I think at this point people are clamoring more for server stability than they are more features that may in fact, actually jeopardize server stability.

But if this is what the public is really asking for, then SV is delivering in spades.

The entire team doesn't work on server stability but yes server stability is a huge priority for the public and the devs. SV is brilliant at listening to the community as proven through the previous few patches.