Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Locked Threads - No explanation.

CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Whats with all the locking of threads without any post by the moderator doing the locking as to why?

Incidence of Unexplained Locks seem to be increasing, this is bad first due to the impression of censorship making people unsure what they can and can't post and second it will generate follow on threads by people asking why stuff was locked.

Should be a rule, if a post gets locked the locker should post why, it doesnt take that long to do.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

90% of threads are closed due to excessive flaming or trolling

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

And its so hard to post that in a little explantion? Three threads i've read today that were locked without explantion didnt seem to be full of trolling or flaming.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

In before lock (image): I agree, I saw some too, it's a bit uncommon.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

yea i agree, some mods do it...but i think most are lazy

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Then its time to train the mods, no? Or at least layout guidelines as to what should be locked and for those guidelines to be published so that ambiguities don't occur?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

If you could e-mail me with some specifics I'd be glad to take a look at them. Please send the links to [email protected]. Some threads are locked without explanation if there is say a pre-designated sticky for a particular discussion or other circumstances. Without looking I cannot really comment though, so please send some links over! :)

Thanks!

MikeB always here to help