Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divine Souls dissapointing background graphics

aizensklzaizensklz Member Posts: 32

Besides the water, skill, and character animations: the background: trees, and city graphics are really dissapointing.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

At least you found something positive about it. I didn't

I did expect to be able to control my avatar. When I found that was only half true, I quit. I expect to be able to attack a monster. Not start an attack and hope a monster walks into it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by grunty

I did expect to be able to control my avatar. When I found that was only half true, I quit. I expect to be able to attack a monster. Not start an attack and hope a monster walks into it.

LOL

Is it seriously that bad? I haven't tried it yet.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• aizensklzaizensklz Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

LOL

I thought it was pretty much an action mmo, with nothing else.

although its pretty much the 1st there.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

LOL

I only tried the mage/ranged character. When you start an attack you can't move, you are frozen in place. You can't even turn.

Your attacks have a limited range and a small area of effect horizontally but not vertically. If the monster isn't on the same level of ground as you then your attack doesn't hit.

It's also a button masher. Well mouse clicker. Every single attack requires a mouse click and with it's heavy use of combos that's a lot.

Oh, and the first quest used the exact same zone/area as the tutorial. Instead of one monster type, it now had two plus a boss that couldn't be beat solo. At least by the mage/range avatar. I'm vague about the type of avatar because she's called a mage but the staff she has looks like a halberd with a hammer on the end. When you do a ranged attack you point it like a rifle, the end piece/hammer slides half-way down the shaft and an explosive charge shoots out the end.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • aizensklzaizensklz Member Posts: 32

LOL

I only tried the mage/ranged character. When you start an attack you can't move, you are frozen in place. You can't even turn.

Your attacks have a limited range and a small area of effect horizontally but not vertically. If the monster isn't on the same level of ground as you then your attack doesn't hit.

It's also a button masher. Well mouse clicker. Every single attack requires a mouse click and with it's heavy use of combos that's a lot.

Oh, and the first quest used the exact same zone/area as the tutorial. Instead of one monster type, it now had two plus a boss that couldn't be beat solo. At least by the mage/range avatar. I'm vague about the type of avatar because she's called a mage but the staff she has looks like a halberd with a hammer on the end. When you do a ranged attack you point it like a rifle, the end piece/hammer slides half-way down the shaft and an explosive charge shoots out the end.

I'm playing fighter, and it seems fighter is the eziest class atm, hits just slightly weaker than slasher but combos pwn, and  the wolf boss is super ez as a fighter. but i agree this game sux atm: its a button masher w/ combos, and only 1 viable combo chain for figher

• splitcoldsplitcold Member Posts: 73

Thats why I only spent 10mins on the game, I couldn't stand it.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

LOL

I'm guessing you're too young to understand a genre. This is like Final Fight, Streets of Rage etc only 3d and online.

It's still a beta client. The whole not being able to turn while you attack is intended, it would make a little more sense once you start PvPing.

The combos would start with max 3 clicks of the mouse, because beyond that you go into a straight spam combo that's your basic attacker (again a staple of the genre which you clearly are not familiar with).

Don't go into Divine Souls expecting a traditional MMO. It's more of an action game. Think Dungeon Fighter Online, only 3d, but with less polish.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

I think it's supposed to be played with a gamepad or something. Controlling your toon with a keyboard and mouse wasn't really doable, not the way I'd like at least. It's more of a console game than an MMO. It's  genre, but I don't really like it.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...