Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sandbox players are alot like metalheads

awiaawia Member Posts: 96

who agrees?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Robokapp

nobody until you type out an argument...

Pretty much.

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

As i listen to metal, and like sandbox mmorpgs, besides being pure coincidence, i'm going to go with "No, your a moron" but this is just me lol. 

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Themepark players are a lot like people who listen to top 40

I don't know why... i just felt like it needed to be said...

:p

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Xiro

As i listen to metal, and like sandbox mmorpgs, besides being pure coincidence, i'm going to go with "No, your a moron" but this is just me lol. 

Not defending the OP, since I think the whole idea is pretty stupid too, but if you're going to call someone a moron, don't do it in a way that makes you look like... well, a moron.

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

This thread is stupid, but then again, this IS the MMORPG.com forums.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• RedRaptor22RedRaptor22 Member Posts: 44

I sort of agree, most new mmos like most new "metal" lack complexity and originality.

Maybe in both fields it's just getting harder and harder to do new stuff because the vast amount of bands/mmos that are out there now but nobody seems to care about being innovative and fresh...only doing what everyone else has already proved will make some dollars.

EDIT: I don't know how the link could be made to sandboxes specifically since pretty much all mmogs have become really watered down...in mmogs we're sort of at the point where we were musically in the late 80's early 90's where we had so many hair bands emerging that really good stuff like megadeth has trouble being recognized...todays mmogs=hairbands.

• azzalanazzalan Member Posts: 83

Creative people like "sandbox"(this word really doesn't mean anything).

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

Originally posted by jonrd463

Originally posted by Xiro

Not defending the OP, since I think the whole idea is pretty stupid too, but if you're going to call someone a moron, don't do it in a way that makes you look like... well, a moron.

I accept that. 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by awia

who agrees?

To an extent, I can agree with this.  But, that is only because I believe that themepark players spend most of their time listening to Radio Disney...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Cactus-ManCactus-Man Member Posts: 572

I have no idea what the OP means by that but I choose to interpret it this way.

I think metalheads like metal for 2 main reasons, the technical difficulty and the image/energy.  Ironically sandbox players are similar, they like system complexity and the image of freedom.

Personally I find both metal and sandboxes to have unlikeable styles of music/gameplay and are ultimately poorly written/developed music/games with little artistic merit.

All men think they're fascinating. In my case, it's justified

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Played wow for 5 years, listening to heavy music since i am 10 or 11.

For those who gonna bash me for wow and how it's easy: u didn't had gladiator in tbc as enhancement shaman, and u didn't had gladiator at all, not even talking bout 3 different classes. Go make with non viable class/spec gladiator and then u can come and tell me that wow is easy for you, other than that i'll keep you one of those who doesn't like wow cause if u don't like it u think u r cool. 

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

Are you serious? What are we just supposed to pull some jedi mind trick and feel you out on this one? Care to explain or do you even have an explanation? This makes absolutely no sense to anyone but, obviously, you. So maybe if you gave like a sentence or two with a little bit of thought one could understand what you mean lol. Dude wtf were you on when you posted this shit!?

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

Nah, I see sandbox players more as techno, house, dance and trance DJs.

They take existing music from a myriad of sources, stir in their own sounds and then do their best to spin awesome tunes using the tools at their disposal.  The results are extremely varied from "wow that sucks" to "Holy S*** that's awesome!"  It is very easy to tell the skilled DJs from the bad ones, and the very best have world tours (Tiesto, Oakenfold, Van Buuren, etc.)

Mixing and DJing music probably makes a bad metaphor for gaming, but that is the essence of what it is to sandbox:  to take what is given to you and to make it your own.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i dont get what you are trying to say

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• upsilonmercupsilonmerc Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Tyrantas

Played wow for 5 years, listening to heavy music since i am 10 or 11.

For those who gonna bash me for wow and how it's easy: u didn't had gladiator in tbc as enhancement shaman, and u didn't had gladiator at all, not even talking bout 3 different classes. Go make with non viable class/spec gladiator and then u can come and tell me that wow is easy for you, other than that i'll keep you one of those who doesn't like wow cause if u don't like it u think u r cool. 

What

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

bet this thread will be in the next weeks spotlight

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Hedeon

bet this thread will be in the next weeks spotlight

This thread has substance.  It is a sandbox thread.  The themepark people are having trouble following it...others are doing with it much like they would in a sandbox game.

I think it was brilliant.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i would say they're more like muffins than metalheads.....i've never really looked at a metalhead and thought about a sandbox MMO but everytime i eat a muffin i'm like "man i gotta go play a sandbox game!".

This discussion has been closed.