Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p

mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

good thing i like about GW is that there is no monthly subs.... i just hope that they will add seiging content or city building. otherwise how else is the gvg going to work?

[email protected]
www.youtube.com/411mysticque

Comments

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

Well the guild vs. guild works in GW, so i'm sure that it would still work. (don't get me wrong, I'd still love seiging etc., as long as they spend time on making it good. I just hope that the game isn't a WoW clone. But, although they are adding some similar stuff, there is still a ton of stuff that makes it different     Ex: the event system instead of quests. So I'm sure they know what they are doing).

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Karesh

Well the guild vs. guild works in GW, so i'm sure that it would still work. (don't get me wrong, I'd still love seiging etc., as long as they spend time on making it good. I just hope that the game isn't a WoW clone. But, although they are adding some similar stuff, there is still a ton of stuff that makes it different     Ex: the event system instead of quests. So I'm sure they know what they are doing).

lol they were fully instanced they did a new game specifivly to have insane content in open world wich they didnt have in gw

they adopt pretty much what vanilla wow was .with one detail added!LOT OF PVP!

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

In Before QQ FLAMEBAIT about GW2 not being F2P

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Karesh

lol WoW clone, first off i can tell you dont play many mmos other than WoW because your ref'd that, there is no such thing as a WoW clone, there where many mmos that came out before WoW that were alot better so if you think of it WoW is a clone of those games and brought almost nothing new to the table but crappy questing and alright PvP.

back to the topic, GW was hands down the best F2P game and GW2 is going to make GW look dated and boring, theres no doubt in my mind this game will be the best F2P for a very long time. I hope everyone else that posts in the GW2 fourm is ready for the epic greatness this game is going to bestow on us.

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

wow...I was just checking throughout the forums and found this thread, to my surprise I recently posted here. What you said about me never playing any mmo's other than WoW is completely understandable with what I recently posted. Even I can't believe that (I've played GW off and on for the past 2 years, almost 3). I've also never played any more than the trial for WoW (I hated it), so that assumption was just that, an assumption (a wrong one). Yes I know that this specific post has nothing to do with the topic, but I just felt like I needed to clear that up. I still can't believe that I even made that comment about WoW (especially since at the time of my previous post there was barely any info about the game). oh and btw, when you said that I must have played almost no other mmo's other than WoW, that's a pretty flawed theory, because if I was a "wow fanboy" then I would be claiming the game is a WoW clone, not hoping that it isn't. 

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Actually GW2 is one of the few games that is being treated with respect for the part and I'm happy about that. Of course there is always some trolls and saying it's a wow clone and all that nonsense. But for the most part the reaction to Guild Wars 2 is more positive than negative. Especially compared to other games in this genre.

It's exciting and interesting and seems groundbreaking in the amount of features it will have and so on. I'm not saying the game will be great (thought I think/hope it will be) I'm just saying the hype and first impression of this game is better than average... and that's good. :)

(On topic) I used to be against F2P but GW does it differently in that it doesn't have a cash shop for important things. It also doesn't limit the content (ala D&D Online where you can't enter certain dungeons) so I think GW has the best F2P model and will hopefully continue with that. So I'm cool with GW2 being F2P

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

The trolls are afraid :)

When GW was released, many flocked to Guild Wars and loved the idea of no subscription fees and different style. The WoW Propaganda machine slapped a Non-Disclosure Agreement on ArenaNet as most of the team where the original designers to WoW before they left Blizzard. The Blizzard + Vivendi Games movement was to use the fact that Guild Wars was an Instanced Game to make Claims that Non-Instanced Games cost more to maintain than Instanced Games.

Blizzard and their fanboys went from claiming its justified to pay for a subscription to play a game to making claims that ITS JUSTIFIED TO PAY a subscription to a non-instanced game. You already buy a LICENSE TO A GAME when you PURCHASE AT A STORE...but paying a subscription fee when you already own a license to the game?

Some people are afraid...You see..

When you spend years paying Subscription fees and wasting time grinding, you kind of get into a stance of protecting your investment by defending the game you are playing. You don't want to believe that your experience may have been subpar and your time wasted as well as your money taken from you...No, you have to believe its great to not feel bad about being ripped off...

Guild Wars II not only threatens to be a new game through no subscription fees...After that game there will be NO REASON why anyone should charge subscription fees for ANY MMORPG. ArenaNet will prove it can be done in an instanced game and in a persistent game.

However, what people fear the most...

Why they are trolls...

They fear their game will BECOME OBSOLETE. What Guild Wars II aims to do is make every MMORPG out there which most are rehashes of the same thing, obsolete and redundant. Already they are making players in other games Question their experience in the other games...asking people if they want more..

This is very risky....It will be MAKE IT OR BREAK IT for ArenaNet.

They have thrown the gauntlet..Made many promises and opinions....Now they must deliver and in a big way or become practically the most hated company out there. I like ArenaNet but they talked and set up a bit game.

They better deliver, and if they do and prove themselves...people will love them forever ^_^.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Originally posted by Shinami

<SNIP>

They better deliver, and if they do and prove themselves...people will love them forever ^_^.

Completely agree!  Thanks for saving me the typing!

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

Originally posted by Roybe

Originally posted by Shinami

Completely agree!  Thanks for saving me the typing!

I really think it's not so much the trolls but more the BioWare followers. Right now that game is looking less and less appealing and being out shined by GW2. They want everyone to like swtor because they know that a game with lots of people playing makes for a better experience but most on these forums don't feel the same way they do.

If you look at most of the GW2 sceptics posts then you will see that they are avid BioWare fans who now see this game as the real threat to swtor not WOW.

Unless you are a BioWare fan or Star Wars the what's the point in paying a monthly sub for a game that is being out shined by a game that has no monthly sub.

I will be at Gamescom in August and then ArenaNet will really up the stakes.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Lol. I think SW:TOR will be doing great on its own and that there'll be enough people playing it, heh.

I expect SW:ToR to be more as the classic/current school of MMO's, there'll be a number of slight innovations and no doubt Bioware will add their own twist to things, but for the rest I expect SW:ToR to be a very large MMORPG with recognisable gameplay mechanics.

Personally, I think it'll be a great time for MMO gamers the next 2 years, with a lot of interesting titles coming up: FFXIV, SW:TOR, GW2, TSW, TERA, RIFT, Vindictus... man, I think the MMO market will finally experience the much needed breath of fresh air and top titles that many have waiting for for a long time.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

first of all gw1 and gw2 aren't FREE to play games, they are BUY to play (B2P), which is pretty rare, and a great pay model.