Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to be completely honest, this game sucks.

if your looking for the typical low quality, quest completing, crappy combat and skill list than go ahead. this game is boring, played it for about a day and i was like... JEESUSS IM SOO BORED!!!

literally nothing fun to do in this game.

and you have to turn your camera toward each individual mob to attack it, if you turn away to look at somrthing, it stops the combat and you have to turn their way and initiate it again.

Overall i give this mmo a D.

nothing new, nothing fun, simply tossed together in hopes that some d-bag pay for power people will throw some money at it.

Comments

• lilnate22lilnate22 Member Posts: 50

whens the last time koreans made a game that was actually "enjoyable"?

• MarginOfErorMarginOfEror Member Posts: 14

TERA looks pretty much amazing and thats korean. just this company doesnt care about the gameplay, they care about the money.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

the Perfect World company (guys who publish this if i'm not mistaken) are horrible for making pure cash shop centered games where you can't even get around using it.

TERA will be another korean failfest....dont get your hopes up

• CalTenebraeCalTenebrae Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by MarginOfEror

TERA looks pretty much amazing and thats korean. just this company doesnt care about the gameplay, they care about the money.

Aion is korean, and Aion was super hyped up. Then the the full game (not beta) was released... 

i just want something to fill my time with. i look among all the games out here and nothing sounds remotely good. i gave this game a try and was dissapointed as well. i feel like if someone just made a decent game that was more about the fun than the money, then they would get tons of us bored players in return.

• CalTenebraeCalTenebrae Member Posts: 6

Go play Aion on a private server, you will have fun lol.

are those free?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I would have to agree with you.

Got bored of it real fast.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

Please refrain from posting links to any unofficial servers.

You all know the rules. image

And if not, here they are:

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

i came to the very biased opinion:

that koreans cant make mmos for the western market for shyt.

any korean game=PoS.

at soliloquy, sorry about that

and at the previous poster (the one above me) im trying to convince myself tera will be amazing. all the features have me really excited!

i think the korean pay for power free to play games are all horrible.

tera is a subscription so hopefully itll be different! :)

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by MarginOfEror

and you have to turn your camera toward each individual mob to attack it, if you turn away to look at somrthing, it stops the combat and you have to turn their way and initiate it again.

FAIL!

you pressed teh wrong buttonz...

all i can say is...aion.

koreans make beautiful games...no argument there, but in the end, it will be a failfest.

heres what aion...err Tera will be:

Sexy gfx

Sexy combat system.

Great level design from 1-20.

Next to no endgame content.

monotonous grindfest from 20-MAX (note the monotonous part)

Repetitive quests.

Buggy PVP.

could  i be wrong? hell yea. but like i said before, for the sake of my wallet, i will tell myself, koreans can make games for shyt.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Stop this crap about korean mmos. There are some good korean MMOs including the awesome TERA.. Also Aion never failed. It might have not killed WoW but it has the second place on subscriptions and despite not being a good MMO only numbers matter for a game's success.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by paterah

Stop this crap about korean mmos. There are some good korean MMOs including the awesome TERA.. Also Aion never failed. It might have not killed WoW but it has the second place on subscriptions and despite not being a good MMO only numbers matter for a game's success.

Pat, its hard to argue that any korean, or asian for that matter, MMO is good, until you experience something that makes you grind more than those. There is a huuuuuge disparity between what the West and East are used to in their MMOs, or games in general.

But yes, this game is bad. Its the same generic kung-fu-based MMO as 9 Dragons, or the 50 other ones on this sites list. Don't let the weapon choices fool you, its simply their attempt to hide "classes" from you.

Originally posted by paterah

really TERA is good? you played it? cool.

Aion didnt fail? i think going from multiple servers to just barely 4...screams fail, you can scream, "subs dont mean its good".

but a good game, especially one that interests people...will GAIN subs. (take EVE for example...though i hate that game, its still "good")..

sortof off topic from your previous convo, another annying thing is all of their names are 2 words and chinese.

i must have spent like 5 minutes being pissed off trying to turn in my quest to "Xiang Jing" when it was so "Xiang Ping"

this game just has multiple annoying features. only semi good thing is the auto run feature. but that doesnt make up for all the shit.

• shadowcuttershadowcutter Member Posts: 11

well you guys surely havent played the games beyond lev 20,cause all the really good stuff is 40+---sure its all quests and still has classes(weapons) but what about the kingdom warfare between Shu,Wu,and Wei,70+ Historical Battle instances,clan levling and skills,Legion has more options and features than Clan does with  owning a Base with buildings that can be upgraded to gain skills,also Legion events to get items and skills and on and on ??

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by shadowcutter

well you guys surely havent played the games beyond lev 20,cause all the really good stuff is 40+---sure its all quests and still has classes(weapons) but what about the kingdom warfare between Shu,Wu,and Wei,70+ Historical Battle instances,clan levling and skills,Legion has more options and features than Clan does with  owning a Base with buildings that can be upgraded to gain skills,also Legion events to get items and skills and on and on ??

Shadow, you just listed the main issue of the game. I found the game dull, there is nothing to grab me in the first part of the game. I only reached roughly lvl 10 in it, and stopped because there was zero motivation to continue. As I said before, its essentially just like every other kung-fu MMO out there, and if they don't want to try and differentiate themselves from the faceless horde of Wushu MMOs right off the bat, why should I bother?

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I kind of enjoy the game tho its nice to have a game following a good story....but than i don't mind reading so maybe that's the difference.

The problem with the camera u mentioned is not existing u just used the wrong button (the one to move the character and not only the camera) a mistake which happened to me right at the first mob as well....but i learned out of my mistakes...

The fighting system is ok too tho nothing awesome new but still a solid system (i like the chi system)

The game also offers enough random situations for u to do like General XY will be at realm 5 in 20 mins go find him and kill him to secure the peace (just an example)

So u see that your statement in this post was far from the truth like pointed out in my post now but maybe we have different standards for an MMO and the "fun" stuff to do u were missing....

well you can say that about most games. most games have way cooler tuff as you level up. but the basic features  (combat, skills, quests) are all so mediocre. the first day of an mmo for me makes or breaks it. and i just found little to no interest after i hit around lv 19.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

pretty sure TERA has some american devs involved, might save it.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Whatever, this game is better than kingdom heroes but still not good. And still so many three kingdom games, but not one worth playing, at least for the west.

• boincmanboincman Member Posts: 99

I respectfully disagree with the "this game sucks" comment.  I've only been playing for a day and a half and would say it has potential.  I would like a little more customization of my character look, but the game mechanics are pretty good.  I'll keep playing through beta anyway.