Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashen Empires and the new owners, IWG

Ashen Empires recently made a real come back with the new owners, Iron Work Games.  In the past AE had a few...ok a lot of problems with the companys controlling them.  Everything that could, did go wrong.  But now we all got this great new company doing everything they can to improve the game.  If you havent heard/seen AE yet you should check it out.  Its a lot of fun and offers a near unlimited amount of things to do.   http://www.ashenempires.com       Its Great! image

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    omg when will yall stop i mean really now at first it was like haha ok joke is over but know its really sad
  • JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by Galopago
    Ashen Empires recently made a real come back with the new owners, Iron Work Games.  In the past AE had a few...ok a lot of problems with the companys controlling them.  Everything that could, did go wrong.  But now we all got this great new company doing everything they can to improve the game.  If you havent heard/seen AE yet you should check it out.  Its a lot of fun and offers a near unlimited amount of things to do.   http://www.ashenempires.com       Its Great! image

Is anyone else having memories of how EQ used to be with the general chat with the constant spamming?  You are not helping your game out.  If you want to get the word out get mmorpg.com to cover it.  But please stop the messages.  If not we will sick the Mourning developers on youimage

Simply put you pay $9 a month for an old game that looks like crap.  For the same amount of money I think I can play EQ (or I used to be able to I avoid SOE games now).  For $15 a month you can play any other mmorpg you want.  Ones the are really good with great graphics. 

Here is the problem with AE.  It is an old game with bad graphics that adds nothing new or exciting for players that aren't already hooked on the game.

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

Omg, not again.

• GalopagoGalopago Member Posts: 18
    eh...Im lost....What joke?  What are you taling about?
  • DrachenDrachen Member Posts: 2
    Well I will say it's a great game.  I hate the 3-D genre and I personally don't care about how "great" graphics are.  I like AE because of it's playability.  Even maxed out with overall level I still have tons of things to do.  As far as nothing new, Iron Will Games is testing a long awaited update that TKO shot down when they ran the game. 
  • ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

Drachen
    Novice Member

They are begining to pop-up out of nowhere... haven't we seen this already?
  • HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

People just getting irritated cause AE topics pop up then turn into flame wars constantly, should have a forum section I suppose, but yeah, there's a search button to find related topics and not creat double, tripple, and quadruple posts, but just cause of the fact AE topics get hijacked all the time I think it's ok till there's a AE section.

As for my opinion on it I suppose I might try it soon. Graphics are kind of a big thing for me though, RO was "ok", but since my RO Alpha days I havn't really been into and non-total 3D games.

And to AE players, dont worry about the flamers, just dont sink down to it yourselves.

Ermm...here's an idea.  If your some crazy graphics junkie, go to an arcade and play their virtual reality games.  Dont flame some poor guy just cause he didnt know there were posts on this already.  Jeez, if you dont like a game without good graphics, then you hate 99% of games.  Stop becoming a pixel freak and learn to judge games by its community and how much fun you can have playing them.
  • markbaranovmarkbaranov Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by JulianDracos
    Is anyone else having memories of how EQ used to be with the general chat with the constant spamming? You are not helping your game out. If you want to get the word out get mmorpg.com to cover it. But please stop the messages. If not we will sick the Mourning developers on you
    Simply put you pay $9 a month for an old game that looks like crap. For the same amount of money I think I can play EQ (or I used to be able to I avoid SOE games now). For $15 a month you can play any other mmorpg you want. Ones the are really good with great graphics.
    Here is the problem with AE. It is an old game with bad graphics that adds nothing new or exciting for players that aren't already hooked on the game.

Whats with you and graphics anyway, if you dont like it, leave the thread alone, some people do like games for their quality of game and not for graphics, grow up.::::12::

• Leonard_SixLeonard_Six Member Posts: 38
    lol, you two are gonna fit right in, here.  image
  • ChorseryChorsery Member Posts: 22
    Ok...you'all know by now that I'm a really big AE fan, but I have to say that I agree, these posts are getting old.image
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by Galopago
    Dont flame some poor guy just cause he didnt know there were posts on this already.
    The fact that you don't spend 10 minutes to scan the content of the last couple of days is absolutely a valid reason to criticise you. That is common practice when entering a new community, to familiarize yourself with what the current trends are.

But you didn't bother to do that. I can suspect it's just because you were lazy, but in truth it's probably because your entire motivation was to hype your favorite game. Either way, it's your own fault you didn't realize you were walking into an unreceptive crowd.

• Dantes77Dantes77 Member Posts: 106

Galapgao. Please lay off the graphics issue a little bit. Only one or 2 guys actually complained the game isnt worth playing because of the graphics, just be reassured that IMO most people here still go by gameplay and graphics second. Thing is though, from what i realise these days in all games there should be a median or fine line between graphics and gameplay, not that there has to be or anything. I know your hung like a horse on these 2d grpahics and i agree with you a little bit I loved UO. But, JUST because a game is in 3d does NOT make it a bad game and the same goes for 2d.But, please if someone talks bad about your game, there are people who are able to tell if they gave it a fair try by backing up what they say by explaining themselves and if theyve played it.Anyways, why dont some of the fans of AE give it a rest in these forums and just talk about some other stuff and just throw the game out there a bit WITHOUT oppinions and then see what people say about it. Besides that, virtual games dont exhist anymore in malls and they all sucked anyway.

People should like both 2d and 3d to get a little more experience in gameplay and different feels of the games. Heh, but oh well everyone has to be black and white and a bunch of hypocrits...

Also why dont you try and get some reviews on the game by someone who hasnt played your game yet and are reasonable on both sides of the spectrum. I want two sided oppinions not just one.

In short: throw the game out there and let us develop our own oppinion, some people dont like what you guys did by pushing up the score and spamming the boards because they know it was just from every fan boy who played the game they want to make sure if its worth playing and they want a good review of the game.

-Dantes77

Im ever so sorry, I humbly apologize.  However, no offense to the DEV's of this sight, but the search program isnt all that great.  Go ahead, flame away at me.  But im not super techonological, maybe I dont need to be to sort through posts.  But it was not reasy for me to find a post from start to end about any chosen topic.  Kept on leading me to sideposts and comments.
  • Dantes77Dantes77 Member Posts: 106
    I do think you guys need your own forum within this site if you guys want to talk about it alot. Anyways this sort of stuff happened during WoW and eq2 flame wars :P
    Dantes, I have nothing to say harshly agaisnt graphics or 3D.  Heck, when my friends showed me Knight Online, I played that for about 2 months because the graphics were so good.  I simply enjoyed walking around and looking at stuff.  However (no offense to players of that game) I got bored with KO cause the only thing you can do is fight, and IMO opinion, pvsp was so strongly based on level over skill that i just kinda got tired of the game.  Im also not just juding the graphics issue on AE, i was serious in my other posts when i said i looked through posts.  Its not just AE where im seeing this.  Some people prefer a 3D world with mind blowing realistic graphics over a realistic combat system.  I dont blame them, graphics are fun to look at.  Im just trying to get a variety of opinions without either side being flamed.
This discussion has been closed.