Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW's MMORPG rating

I think 8.8 is the highest WoW has ever been rated. I don't know if that is unique for a game to be rated so high here.  Do you think that it will eventually fall and average around the high 7s like all the rest of the top games?

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Doubt it. There are som many useless "10","10","10" ratings for that game that I think it will stay at its false rank for quite some time.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

Since this rating is just based on popularity of a game, the more fanbois the higher score, WoW rating isn't dropping anytime soon.

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Some people may actually think its that good. Me personally? I always refrain from giving anything 10 because that would mean perfection.

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Fanboys are complete idiots, but they won't change their rating. Nobody in their right mind would give that game a 10 for customer support, graphics, performance. Unfortunately, the high rating is there to stay.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

it is just a matter of numbers. Wow has, at the moment, about 2770 ratings. it has not gained many number of ratings in the last month so i doubt that number is going anywhere.

If you check the other game ratings, all of them are around 1600. some more like 1890 and some less like 1400 (i did not checked them all, just the top ones and some oldies).

So, banning a sudden explosion of voters that all decide to give ratings to WoW, i doubt it even more.

Have a nice day

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• DekothDekoth Member Posts: 474

Originally posted by Isometrix
    Fanboys are complete idiots, but they won't change their rating. Nobody in their right mind would give that game a 10 for customer support, graphics, performance. Unfortunately, the high rating is there to stay.

Pretty much sums it up, though I disagree with the performance rating, I do think it deserves darn close to a 10 in performance if you exclude server stability. My wife has zero problems with lag, even in the oft maligned Iron Forge area she is lagless but then she has a pretty beefy machine. Still all things considered the game performs very very well. Now if you consider server stability part of the performance rating, then yea its going to lose serious points there. I hear on a daily basis about that, I usually get at least 1 phone call a day from my wife complaining that her realm is down. Honestly wow is a good game, but its really more of an over all 6.8 then anything if you average everything out.

And before anyone jumps my ass, I rated EQ2 at a 6.4 average, even though I hate wow and enjoy eq2, It was just a matter of how things balanced out when I rated.

• SicarimSicarim Member Posts: 219
    I dont think wows rating is going anywhere either. Even as people grow sick of it, they wont come back and chnage thier rating. Furthermore, expansions will come out and more people will begin to play... its a never ending circle.
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

It's a game that's worthy of a very high rating, but the reality is that there are some exceptionally rabid fans of Blizzard products that consider it heresy to believe that anything they do is anything short of perfection.

Hence, you're always going to get bloated scores.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

and of course they run around to every other game listed here and give them all 1's across the board.

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

COH was rated a point higher than the next highest game for a long time. Eventually the newness wore off and the ratings started dropping. Of course, there are even more over votes for WoW, but eventually the newness will wear off, the WoW fans will become disgruntled because of one thing or another, and they will be back to change their 10s to 1s to show how mad they are. And the circle of the life of MMORPGs will continue.

image image