Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KeyBOard and MOuse PrOBleMs

ArndurArndur Member Posts: 2,202

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS THATS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE TITLE IVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH MY KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. I SPILT JUST A LITTLE BIT OF WATER TODAY ON MY KEYBOARD. SEEMED LIKE NOTHING AS I HAVE GOTTEN IT MUCH WORSE BEFORE WITH NO PROBLEMS. NOW CAPS LOCK IS STUCK AND SOME BUTTONS DONT WORK AT ALL BUT SOME DO. MY LEFT SHIFT DOESNT BUT RIGHT DOES BUT NOT ALL LETTERS CAN BE DOWNCASED. ALSO WHILE IE8 HAS WORKED FINE NOW ALL THE SUDDEN IT FEELS THE URGE TO START OPENING ALL LINKS IN A NEW WINDOW WHEN IT HASNT BEFORE. ALSO MY MOUSE WHICH WAS NO WHERE NEAR THE WATER WILL HIGHTLIGHT A ENTIRE PAGE WHEN I SIMPLY CLICK ON IT. DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE KEYBOARD OR DID MY MOUSE SOMEHOW SCREW UP AT THE SAME TIME. NOW ALSO BOTH OF THESE DEVICES WILL WORK FOR A BIT BUT MOST OF THE TIME IM SCREWED. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS I KNOW IT SUCKS BEING IN CALL CAPS BUT ITS THE BEST I CAN  DO ATM.

AND IF MY KEYBOARD IS SHOT FOR AROUND $50 WHAT IS THE BEST GAMING KEYBOARD I CAN GET. I HAVE BEEN USING THE ZBOARD THAT CAN KEYBOARDS BUT CLEARY THAT IS GONE AND I HAVNT SEEN OTHERS AROUND.

OK SAW A G15 AND WHAT I HAVE ON BEST BUYS WEBSITE. IS THE G15(ON SALE AT $65) WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY OR THE CUSTOM LAYOUT KEYBOARD?

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,297

Ideazon has changed its name to Steel Series.  I got one of their glass mouse pads and love it.  Their designs also look shiny and stylish.  However, Ideazon and Steel Series subsequently are not known for making "durable" devices.  Something like spilling water on it could cause problems on any electrical device depending if the water is de-ionized or not.  Chances are its not.  I think its safe to say your keyboard has gone caput.  I would not get a mouse unless it acts up with a new keyboard.  Chances are it is not the mouse.  There are hundreds of keyboard shortcuts in programs and on desktop; it could be the keyboard is executing them.

My last keyboard went caput recently because I use the shift and ctrl key alot for work.  They stopped working...  I replaced it with a Saitek Eclipse III.  I particularly like Saitek keyboards.  They have a very nice weight in keystrokes, the back lighting looks nice, and you cannot make the letters fade off the keys.  I recommend the Saitek Cyborg.  I was originally going to purchase that, but got the Eclipse instead.  The difference between the 2 is the Eclipse III has 12 pre-programmed keys that are frequently used in productivity, and on the Cyborg these keys are programmable.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Take the keyboard apart, it's just a rubber pad on top of a contact sheet. Wipe down the contact sheet and rubber pad with a wet cloth then let it dry off and it'll be fine. Might take the opportunity to pop off all the keys and dump them into a bowl of soap water then rinse & dry them and put them back on too.

It's probably just damp between the rubber pad and contact sheet right now which could take forever to dry out if you don't take it apart.