Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premature class poll

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Which of the 3 announced classes do you like most?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

it should be "I don't like any of them"

Out of the three I liked the Elementalist the best.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by arenasb

Next time i'll write it in German or Dutch, if perfect gramar matters so much to you...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Next time i'll write it in German or Dutch, if perfect gramar matters so much to you...

And I'll write in Spanish. Get a grip, was just a little advice, not everything is meant to insult your manhood.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,185

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

And I'll write in Spanish. Get a grip, was just a little advice, not everything is meant to insult your manhood.

Eh.. I wouldn't go that far.. most things are.

I was an elementalist in GW1, so I'd probably stick with it.  Unless of course they create a new class that really catches my eye, but its doubtful we'll see a brand new class.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I was an elementalist in GW1, so I'd probably stick with it.  Unless of course they create a new class that really catches my eye, but its doubtful we'll see a brand new class.

There will be 2 completely new classes...stated by ANet...

And I friggin hope for dervish - one of the most unique classes Ive seen (along with mesmer)

-but lorewisely dervish wont probably make it damn it:(

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

I liked the Dervish as well but I seriously doubt it will be in game. There is no Scythe weapon so they would have to change the dynamic of the profession if they added it. Necromancers and Mesmers are almost certain to be in, if we go by what the new novel states.

Originally posted by Pigozz

And I friggin hope for dervish - one of the most unique classes Ive seen (along with mesmer)

Thank pigozz, I think I did read something about that.. didn't they say they were going to merge a couple classes together for the new classes?  Maybe I'm just making that up... but I think I remember something like that being said.

Thank pigozz, I think I did read something about that.. didn't they say they were going to merge a couple classes together for the new classes?  Maybe I'm just making that up... but I think I remember something like that being said.

I don't recall reading that from anyone at ANet. I did read something like that from speculation posts at gwguru2

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Since there will be no Priest in the traditional sense(part of holy Trinity), something Mesmer-like would be fine.

• mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

I dont think i will play gw2 without the mesmer,necro, and monk classes.

[email protected]
    www.youtube.com/411mysticque

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Played Mesmer, Warrior and Necro most of the time. In PVE anyway. In PVP Mesmer and Warrior.

I first need to know more specifics about combat before I can chose any of those 3. I dont even know if there will be interrupts in GW2 like they are used in GW.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I don't recall reading that from anyone at ANet. I did read something like that from speculation posts at gwguru2

I'm expecting the 6 original classes to be in GW2, with maybe a revamped monk => not a healing monk anymore but purely protection/support focused.

I'm expecting a possible return of the other classes when Elona and  Cantha make a return in expansions.

I think I'll be going for one of the 2 new classes, see how they'll play.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• NoEndInLifeNoEndInLife Member Posts: 189

Ranger is my favorite at the moment. Still waiting for an assassin-type class to be revealed.

My guess is:

3 Caster: Elementalist, Necromancer, and Mesmer

3 Adventurers: Ranger, Assassin-type class, Gunman-type class

2 Soldiers: Warrior, Templar/Paladin type of class

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." -Bob Marley

I'm probably one of those people who just get wet.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Originally posted by NoEndInLife

Ranger is my favorite at the moment. Still waiting for an assassin-type class to be revealed.

My guess is:

The latest interviews on healing and death basically confirmed that Monk would be in, it just wouldn't be a healer any more. I do think that some kind of gunman class is likely though seeing as none of the known classes have any central use for those weapons (ranger is strictly bow and arrow/crossbow). Assassin I'm not too sure about; it certainly won't come back in the same form as in GW1 though, that's for sure. I think the GW1 Assassin was the most broken class in the game, they could never figure out what they wanted to do with it.

I'm honestly really hoping for a golemancer in some form, although I know it's not likely since it's pretty much Asura specific. I've wanted a golem pet ever since I first saw them in EotN though. I imagine there may be some racial skills for the Asura that lean in that direction but it won't be the same as a proper class.

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Oh right, there are guns in this game.

Dragoon became a term for guards armed with a type of firearm way when, think that'll come up?

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Originally posted by eburn

Oh right, there are guns in this game.

Dragoon became a term for guards armed with a type of firearm way when, think that'll come up?

I have no idea what they'll be called really but if you look at this picture of all eight classes I'm pretty sure the charr in the back left is holding that rocket launcher/handeheld cannon we've seen in concept art. The woman standing second from the right has mesmer style armour on if you look closely and I suspect the far right is a necromancer (just a hunch, lol). The only ones I don't have a clue about are the two just to the left of the elementalist; one of them is probably a monk though.

Thats most probably where I got it.  I read a lot of interviews its tough to keep them all straight image

• fledurfledur Member CommonPosts: 77

I usualy play caster classes...support casters most of the time. So out of those classes I like the elementalist more. Probably wont play any on them.

*waits for Mesmer announcement*

• NoEndInLifeNoEndInLife Member Posts: 189

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I have an incredibly strong urge to get into GW2, create a character and start killing things...

*waits for release date*

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." -Bob Marley

I'm probably one of those people who just get wet.

• DoktorianDoktorian Member Posts: 131

I have to have my magic class. So far it's elementalist (and will probably stay) but if some other incredibly cool magic class gets released then I'll probably get more interested in that...

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by Alberel

Originally posted by NoEndInLife

My guess is:

The latest interviews on healing and death basically confirmed that Monk would be in, it just wouldn't be a healer any more. I do think that some kind of gunman class is likely though seeing as none of the known classes have any central use for those weapons (ranger is strictly bow and arrow/crossbow). Assassin I'm not too sure about; it certainly won't come back in the same form as in GW1 though, that's for sure. I think the GW1 Assassin was the most broken class in the game, they could never figure out what they wanted to do with it.

I'm honestly really hoping for a golemancer in some form, although I know it's not likely since it's pretty much Asura specific. I've wanted a golem pet ever since I first saw them in EotN though. I imagine there may be some racial skills for the Asura that lean in that direction but it won't be the same as a proper class.

Agreed with the red, at least thats what im hoping considering that the "Ranger" (really should just be called a Hunter / Huntsman, something like that, anything but Ranger) according to them will be much more pet dependant than in GW1 because in their eyes "a ranger isnt a ranger without his pets". Seems theyre missing a class with the possibility to be  focused more purely on medium-long range dps without the need for pets, which i think is where some form of gunner / rifleman will come in.