Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerrevan Seems dreamy

cjy420cjy420 Member Posts: 27

Far from finished, few screenies to view but its still alluring just from reading the overview of the features.  The group politics of the game was a definite selling feature for me.  

One thing that really caught my eye was a post from a developer.  Seems genuine and caring about the players, but with all the bad rep from devs these days its hard to tell who is sincere, or who is trying to draw in a crowd to milk.  He says it will be a pay to play game and his thoughts on microtransaction games:

From Zetto, a dev, replying to a response from a player who says they could make a ton more money off cash shops

http://aerrevan.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=620d27da6bed25e21bf8a7a66263b55e&topic=43.msg208#msg208

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

"...being honest about what your money will get you." I like that; no cash shops hopefully.

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

They confired that aerrevan will be p2p and so won't have a cash shop ;)

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201

The screenshots that have been released to date do not look at all like F2P game screenshots, so I would not expect a cash shop system at all.

Other hints that there won't be a cash shop:

• Characters are not cartoony, with oversized heads and tiny bodies.

• The game is not brightly colored.

• There is no mention of martial arts of any sort.

• There are no chinese dragons all over the artwork and game logos.

• The mythology of the game is not "eastern" like most F2P games of late.

• aesbestosaesbestos Member Posts: 81

I agree that screenshots can be deceiving...  But I also can't imagine a sandbox styled game with a cash shop.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Wait till you play the game...