Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will steller dawn be broswer based?

TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i know this forum is for RS topics, but since SD is made by jagex i figure it's the best place to post about it.

anyways, i just went to their website and signed up for beta, i had no idea it was this close to release.  but i'm wondering if it's going to be a real downloadable MMO or just another browser based.  does anybody know which it will be?  i'm guessing it'll be browser based but i hope i'm wrong.

Comments

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Probably will be browser based but I hope I'm wrong too

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Schutzy121

Probably will be browser based but I hope I'm wrong too

=P i'm not too upset though because i know jagex will probly do a good job on it even if it's browser based.

Let's hope for the best but expect the worst :)

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Schutzy121

Let's hope for the best but expect the worst :)

haha ya =P i just hope i get into closed beta >.<

good luck

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

They've confirmed that it will be browser based.

?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Yes, AkaJetson is correct. It WILL be browser based.

"Today is an exciting day here at Jagex Games Studio: we are proud to announce the impending release of Stellar Dawn, our latest MMORPG.

Stellar Dawn is a MMO set in a compelling science fiction universe, and will give players the opportunity to explore a vast and immersive world, experiencing both solo and cooperative play.

As with all Jagex games, Stellar Dawn is browser-based and will run on almost any PC with an internet connection. A large proportion of the game will also be free to play, adding to our sizeable range of free-to-play games.

If you want to apply for a chance to take part in the closed beta, you can register your interest and submit your hardware profile right here on StellarDawn.com, and we will contact you closer to launch.

Mod Captain & Mod Benjamin

Associate Producers" 

http://services.stellardawn.com/m=forum_fo/forums.ws?83,84,0,71444 

You can find out more on Jagex's Stellar dawn site:  http://www.stellardawn.com/

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Mechscape was canned because it just ended up being runescape in space and most likely rubbish.  You really think this will be any better considering it's basically mechscape re-hashed?