Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternate Reality MMO?

DevlinomageDevlinomage Member Posts: 6

Some guys at my college were talking about a new sci fi MMO called Alternate Realtiy Online. I tried serching for info about it, but the only thing that comes up is the '80s RPG Alternate Reality and some mention that it was being turned into an MMO in the '90s but got cancelled.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it just a working title for some other game?

I spent like 20 minutes listening to them talk while I ate lunch and assumed I could just go online and look it up later, if I'd realized it was going to be so hard to find info I'd have walked over and asked them about it.

I guess if no one else knows I'll have to keep looking for them in the lunch room.

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

The Secret World is the only alternate reality mmo coming out that I can think of.

• DevlinomageDevlinomage Member Posts: 6

secret world is a fairly modern setting, from what they were talking about this was pretty far in the future, something about a broken reality and the universe reforming

there was just so much that sounded interesting, i dont even know where to start to type it all out. but like  how you had to conquer new planets to get resources for crafting, etc

its like if EVE let you actually go down to the planets, actually, come to think of it, it sounded a bit like anarchy online but with way more customization and stuff

i dont know, like i said ill have to find them at school again and ask them

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Hmm the new Jumpgate or Warhammer 40k?

• DevlinomageDevlinomage Member Posts: 6

apparantly this is what they were talking about:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Alternate-Reality-MMORPG

its an independantly developed mmo started by students and teachers as a project, he said there isnt anything else online about it yet

• robalecarobaleca Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Devlinomage

apparantly this is what they were talking about:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Alternate-Reality-MMORPG

its an independantly developed mmo started by students and teachers as a project, he said there isnt anything else online about it yet

scam.

• kenibogkenibog Member Posts: 5

Scam might be too strong a word for it, but yeah, I think so too lol. It looks like a cool project but the funding part where they collect funds from people is kinda shady.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I need to print out a copy of that concept art and frame it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• loubanlouban Member Posts: 5

What's with the concept art? I find nothing special about it.

• aacostaacost Member Posts: 5

Has anyone already tried to make donations to that site?