Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO is not a true space simulation.

2»

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

http://www.astronautmmo.com/dmf/

This might be a simulator. I don't know. Looks superficially probable.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

Originally posted by yourhead

It's like flying in jello with Zeus holding onto your ship and making you "CORKSCREW" up and down. So I suspend disbelief and trudge on thinking that it was that campy and silly episode where the crew all met the GODS of GREECE.

OMG! how stupid was that episode?!?! I was like, "WhyTF!!!!!!!!!!! are the greek gods carrying on like that?" Evidently the writers never took basic world history.

I dumped this game but still hold out hope that a real game company can develop a real STO MMO.

The space physics problem proves that Cryptic just stripped COL and added new pics of ships - it's like playing that horrible champions game but your super hero suddenly turns into a star ship  HAHAHAHA

I don't think anyone stated at any point that this was supposed to be a "space simulator"?

I guess it does have *some* form of physics in it, but in the end it's just a, errr, game. You want space simulator? Go do Moonbase alpha. Or Eve, or potentially SWG space.

imageimage

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by yourhead

It's like flying in jello with Zeus holding onto your ship and making you "CORKSCREW" up and down. So I suspend disbelief and trudge on thinking that it was that campy and silly episode where the crew all met the GODS of GREECE.

OMG! how stupid was that episode?!?! I was like, "WhyTF!!!!!!!!!!! are the greek gods carrying on like that?" Evidently the writers never took basic world history.

I dumped this game but still hold out hope that a real game company can develop a real STO MMO.

The space physics problem proves that Cryptic just stripped COL and added new pics of ships - it's like playing that horrible champions game but your super hero suddenly turns into a star ship  HAHAHAHA

No but it is a pretty good simulation of Champions online in space.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I agree, I don't think anyone would really want a game that simulated actual physics in space.  I recall reading some Larry Niven books about realisitc space combat it basically was all about cutting across your opponents bow, rotating your hull and firing salvos while your ship continued on a steady head.  To turn around and go back could take days to slow down and speed up again.  Nevermind the G-forces involved that in some stories had people in special tanks so they could survive a 20 G burn.

No, I'll take my space games with a bit of an unrealistic, but fun universe to fly in.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon