Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What rating would YOU give ROTGS?

Since gamespots review of the expac has stirred up some good debate I was just wondering what would you rate ROTGS now that the expac has been out for a good amount of time?

My Rating:

5/10

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

What are your reasons for 5/10? What rating did you give the game before the expansion was released?

Iv'e only just started playing AOC, The game seems very good, 100 times better than the few hours I played at launch.

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

I'll defer my opinion to those who knows what they are doing, i.e. those who actually rate games for a living...

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

9.0.  I wish more devs would expand horizontal.y rather than vertically.

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253

Oh boy what a fun thread. I will follow suit and arbitrarily rate it a 165.35 / 193.73

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Deadman87

Oh boy what a fun thread. I will follow suit and arbitrarily rate it a 165.35 / 193.73

I couldn't agree more, this is going to be a fun one to watch.  I'm sure plenty of people will argue that other people's scores are wrong and their's are correct.  I will have people disagreeing with a 9.0, and others will disagree with a 5.0 and they will all think they are correct, in a factual way, not an opinionated one.

• ArnuphisArnuphis Member Posts: 103

5/10 for me as well.

Pros: AA System which allows you to tweak your character, large areas to explore and interesting dungeons. New 20-40 level zone.

Cons: Laggy with long loading times, Horrific faction/gear grind, too many bland repeatable quests.  No new 40-70 content. Content that was poorly tested and easily exploited.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Im rating it 5.3 apples / 6.2x oranges.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Kanester

What are your reasons for 5/10? What rating did you give the game before the expansion was released?

Iv'e only just started playing AOC, The game seems very good, 100 times better than the few hours I played at launch.

AoC at launch was a 6.0

ROTGS Cons: Constant crashes in Grasslands, laggy performance, exploits taking forever to fix, ridiculous faction grind for rewards that are not worth it. T4 raids broken.

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Its a Big 0 out of 0 for me.

When you dont play the game, what do you care?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I'd rate it a keg of ale out of a liquor storeroom.

Or orange / out of red.

Or maybe alternate rock / '80s-'90s music genres.

Hmmm, hard to pick the rating.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I would give it a

knee-length skirt on a brown skinned but somewhat emotionally insecure hottie out of a perfect girl on a perfect day.

knee-length skirt? a bit of sexy new AA system, new zones.

brown skinned? well that's what I usually already date, so i mean it already had the good game playing quality

somewhat emotionally insecure? the new gear grind. I'm gonna have to spend way too much time praising or grinding this gal to keep her happy.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Originally posted by astoria

I would give it a

knee-length skirt on a brown skinned but somewhat emotionally insecure hottie out of a perfect girl on a perfect day.

brown skinned? well that's what I usually already date, so i mean it already had the good game playing quality

somewhat emotionally insecure? the new gear grind. I'm gonna have to spend way too much time praising or grinding this gal to keep her happy.

Cool. I like your rating system, ingenious image

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by astoria

I would give it a

lol - definately.  Esp on brown girls.  Mmmmmmmmmmm :)

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

6/10 for PvE grind. Would rate higher if the tiered PvE content wasn't as bugged as it is.

2/10 for PvP, which has reached the level of ultimate sadness. Even the game director is creating troll topics to get a fight going on for a few months, while they are on vacation.

I guess it's a lot cooler to answer with some boring one-liners/troll jokes, if you can't even think of a rating, though. I don't blame the fanboys now, though... it's pretty rough stuff going on your censored boards (damn I love the word "Censored" I even was in a Quake 1 clan that was named Censored, by the way, the PvP was a lot better back then, 15 years ago).

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by Rawiz

6/10 for PvE grind. Would rate higher if the tiered PvE content wasn't as bugged as it is.

2/10 for PvP, which has reached the level of ultimate sadness. Even the game director is creating troll topics to get a fight going on for a few months, while they are on vacation.

I guess it's a lot cooler to answer with some boring one-liners/troll jokes, if you can't even think of a rating, though. I don't blame the fanboys now, though... it's pretty rough stuff going on your censored boards (damn I love the word "Censored" I even was in a Quake 1 clan that was named Censored, by the way, the PvP was a lot better back then, 15 years ago).

Pvp was never part of the expansion so giving it a pvp score isn't fair.  Pvp updates (if there are any ) are through the normal update process and this fact has been said over an dover to death by the development team, hopefully soon there will be plenty as the pvp side is lacking.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

Originally posted by Deadman87

*Started Calculator

Looks like a 8.5/10

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

Yeah, since AoC  haters use this thread to have another AoC trashing thread - the OP's opinion of AoC is pretty well shown throughout his posts - the oneliners were more entertaining to read through than a lot of the same old troll and other negative posts by the same old people again and again, as your post shows clearly too.

I mean, I find the constant AoC trashing posts with the same arguments by a handful of people growing stale and boring after reading it day in day out, but yes, I'm sure others are getting a kick out of it.

I'm giving RotGS a 7.5-8 so thumbs up to the professional reviewers who've shown they can be a hell of a lot more objective and balanced and better in determining good as well bad aspects of games than regular forumposters image

• madcraggymadcraggy Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by cyphers

Yeah, since AoC  haters use this thread to have another AoC trashing thread - the OP's opinion of AoC is pretty well shown throughout his posts - the oneliners were more entertaining to read through than a lot of the same old troll and other negative posts by the same old people again and again, as your post shows clearly too.

I mean, I find the constant AoC trashing posts with the same arguments by a handful of people growing stale and boring after reading it day in day out, but yes, I'm sure others are getting a kick out of it.

I'm giving RotGS a 7.5-8 so thumbs up to the professional reviewers who've shown they can be a hell of a lot more objective and balanced and better in determining good as well bad aspects of games than regular forumposters image

There are alot of scary haters for AoC! :)  Get a life haters and get a new game eh? :)

... and I still think the hottie / perfect girl rating was ingenious, far more enlightening and fun than some boring numbers image

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

AOC PVE :  7.5/10    - Mirrors everything what everyone has said positively about AOC

-5 points off due to making it Age of Hoagie Grinder however

AOC PVP: 4/10   -  fell flat face first on the aspects of revamping (See Ranger revamp, makes sins look like saints almost)

- Added with continuious issues of player skill gap not by Skill alone, but by gear.

- various clear indication Funcom may not even have a plan yet on how to deal with pvp due to their new path but also the limitations of the game due to performance issues, making threads on what funcom should do next is of good faith, but having that shown first before a solid direct path on the usual monthly Dev State of the game announcements brings up concern.  ( no 300 vs 300 battles for you Famine, sorry)

- AOC pvp with the AA tree and Group pvp CC marathons,  has become more of the same, as in more of the same in almost any other mmo, some saying making guild Wars 2  a tempting contender of players migrating over

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I give it a happy rating of a moist fart / out of a wet fart

• madcraggymadcraggy Member Posts: 26

Expansion I would give an 8 and give a -5 for whinging players!

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

Lol I remember the vacations.  Right in the middle of a delay.  Ohhh how that was fun.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Beanpuie

AOC PVE :  7.5/10    - Mirrors everything what everyone has said positively about AOC

-5 points off due to making it Age of Hoagie Grinder however

AOC PVP: 4/10   -  fell flat face first on the aspects of revamping (See Ranger revamp, makes sins look like saints almost)

- Added with continuious issues of player skill gap not by Skill alone, but by gear.

- various clear indication Funcom may not even have a plan yet on how to deal with pvp due to their new path but also the limitations of the game due to performance issues, making threads on what funcom should do next is of good faith, but having that shown first before a solid direct path on the usual monthly Dev State of the game announcements brings up concern.  ( no 300 vs 300 battles for you Famine, sorry)

- AOC pvp with the AA tree and Group pvp CC marathons,  has become more of the same, as in more of the same in almost any other mmo, some saying making guild Wars 2  a tempting contender of players migrating over

I am looking forward to GW 2!!!!!!!

• SacrificiallSacrificiall Member Posts: 118

I would give it a 3.

Honestly, it turned away more players than it brought back.