Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard needs relaunching with an XpAC for it's 4th Birthday....

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Here is the wish list.

The MMO with the greatest potential needs to be offically relaunched with a full expansion and here is some ideas for such....

Add a heap of developers specifically to work on the xpac and relaucnh....

Do it to conincide with its 4th birthday (30/1/11) and the server merge now is the good start.

- New Land to explore (new land, 100's of new quests, creatures, 1000's of new items)

- Level Cap raised to 70 (15 new levels to aquire)

- A dozen new dungeons to explore with unique bosses

- A new Race

- A new class and two new prestige classes for people who get to the level cap

- An achievment system

- An alternate advancement system

- A new teleport dungeons locater

- Many more optimizations, DirectX 10 implementation and bug fixes

- A re-working of the diplomacy system to add more lore into the world

- Writeable books and benefits from god shrines

This game still has so much potenital and is not dead yet, but it saddens me that the last patch was in MARCH!!

COME ON SOE WAKE UP AND FIX THIS !! ADVERTISE AND PUSH THIS GAME!! IT WAS CREATED BY SOE' S EVERQUEST FOUNDER!! IT HAS TO PREVAIL!!! 

Comments

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

How are the three developers that work on Vanguard during their lunch hour meant to create any of that?

• skekskek Member UncommonPosts: 5

Makes you wonder if they're going to plunder VG's ideas for EQ Next (assuming they don't try and make a console game out of it..."it's time to slay the mmo").

For me the server merge was the best thing they ever could have done.  Suddenly there's a population again (lack of which i hear is the main reason people left in the past).  The game is good enough as it stands to retain new accounts, so i'm hoping this is the big turnaround everyone was hoping for.  If the server population goes up, there's nothing preventing a new server being set up.  Maybe that's why they left Halgar alone, so they could see what happens, and have another server on hand if necessary.

The worst thing they could do in my book is add another continent.  It just dilutes the player base.  There's whole tracts of areas they could add content in, that was never developed fully.... e.g. the isles between the 2 main land masses in kojan, or maybe an underwater dungeon.

The best thing they could do is add aa's into the game.  I'm never a fan of increasing levels, as often that trivialises so many other quality areas of the game.  Look at what level creep has done for EQ1.  Huge areas of game with no-one in, and everyone clustered in a few zones.

Just my thoughts anyway.

• popsicledeathpopsicledeath Member Posts: 108

The last thing Vanguard needs is more land, whether in an expansion or not.  If anything, a would-be expansion should actually try to make use of the tons of areas that are useless in the game.

Not that it will happen.  Server merger, shmerver merger.  Stuck in an elevator for a few hours with two friends does not a party make.  Vanguard, imo, could have been the best mmorpg ever (note, mmoRPG not just mmog like the crap being peddled now).  But alas, the game is dead, there won't be an expansion, and if anything the next step is going to merge the servers down to zero.

I would love (LOVE) if Everquest Next was stolen liberally from Vanguard.  For all it's faults, if nothing else, Vanguard has the best classes in the industry.  Trying various classes kept me playing long after the game was fun overall, and if they flat out ripped the classes right from Vanguard in any new MMORPG I'd be there playing in a heartbeat.

But, I'm pretty sure any future Everquest is going to be a watered down teleport-anywhere, zerg-because-everyone-is-a-hero type of game like most these days.  I think Vanguard was the last really challenging game, for better or worse, and EQfuture will just be more of the pew pew zerg button mash like all new games seem to be.  Hell, even in Vanguard after they started pussifying the game there would often be complaints that too many areas of the game just required too much effort and cooperation from groups.  /facepalm.

According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

• skekskek Member UncommonPosts: 5

Interestingly the merge has definitely breathed new life into the game.  Even at off peak time i'm seeing 10-15 people run round veskals doing stuff, and getting a pug is fairly easy now.... and i'm not even guilded yet.

I do think VG is the best game on the market currently, and now that there are players there's a chance that fortunes may be reversed and people retained in game.   People staying in game = potential new investment.

I agree tho, all the new mmo's are all trying to be wow, and never come up with anything new.  Even EQ1 has descended into a wow fest with ranks of butttons from AA skills, and the ability to solo just about anything.  

There's alot of returning players at the moment in VG (including myself) so fingers crossed the only way is up (eternal optimist)

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Damn you ppl .. now Im going to have to sit through 8 hours of installing / patching. If I can't get a group for HL Im gonna torment your forum lives for forever >:)

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by azmundai

Damn you ppl .. now Im going to have to sit through 8 hours of installing / patching. If I can't get a group for HL Im gonna torment your forum lives for forever >:)

lol well look at the bright side.. if you start now you should be ready for prime time tomorrow. Definitely worth it though :)

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Because it's owned by SOE, the best bet you guys have is to hope the game does die, so SOE would sell the rights off to another 3rd party company that would actually do something good with the game.  But then, the game is owned by SOE, so don't expect anything done to the game, no expansions, no additional developers, no advertisement, and no future.  SOE is too busy spending money advertising EQ2 and Free Realms.  They are also busy using their developer resources on games under development (they are working on at least 3 titles).

Our best hope is to wish that a company, be it SOE or someone else, comes along and creates a fully complete EQ/Vanguard-like game.  Make sure the game is optimized and polished before launching.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO