Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favourite race poll

2»

Comments

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

I almost feel sorry for all you stinkin' charr...I'll just have to skin you all you kittens.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

You'll be happy to hear that these races won't be the only ones in the future. ArenaNet will release new races in the GW2 expansions, if not right away :D

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Warband

Gotta love the parallels between the Charr and the Asura and the Romans and the Greeks. 

Heh, didn't see any parallels until that comment :)

I thought the Asura had more links with Aztec, the shape of their architecture and such.

But nice idea, seeing to with cultures the races resemble most, here's my additions:

Charr - Roman, Orcs (but then industrialized)

Asura - Greek, Aztec

Humans - late medieval, early renaissancist

Norn - Celtic, Norse

Sylvari - elves, faerie/dryad

I chose Norn, beast transformation sounds great. On second thought, I might start with Sylvari just to see what the lore of the new race is about, and their home city looked spectacular (all of the home cities btw)

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

i will play as human warrior as male for pvping,

but willing to make a norn necromancer to see how it works with transformations =x

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• jdram14jdram14 Member Posts: 36

I will be a human ranger for sure.  A lot of my alts will be norn though.  Definitely can't wait to play them.

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

i will play as human warrior as male for pvping,

but willing to make a norn necromancer to see how it works with transformations =x

That's if there even is a Necromancer...

• stizostedionstizostedion Member Posts: 23

i'll probably play a female human monk or sylvari, not sure though, need to wait and see what they all look like ;)

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309
    Charr.

Kitty want some candy, rawr!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• rahj83rahj83 Member Posts: 77

As someone else mentioned, my main will most likely be a Sylvari due to their potential as a support class. I've always enjoyed being a healer/buff-mobile.

I, too am an altoholic and will probably have one of every race to play around with. A Charr Warrior, most likely, Norn I see as a ranger type, Asura for Elementalist most likely and Human for a close combat type class, Assassin type...humans always seem the best at finding weakness and exposing it, or stabbing people in the back. lol

Originally posted by rahj83humans always seem the best at finding weakness and exposing it, or stabbing people in the back. lol

Well, no one can deny that.

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

I think I'd have to go with the Norn. I've always loved their homeland (ex.- deep northern shiverpeaks) . I also loved the character models that they had in GW1, and it looks like they're not changing it too much in GW2. As far as the lore, I liked the Charr lore more than the Norn, but I still love practically everything about the norn.

My second choice of race will be the Charr, because they've always been my 2nd favorite when it comes to the homeland and character models etc.

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Norn. EoTN is my fave thing about GW1. :) I'm also interested in sylvari, they look cute.

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• nukedudenukedude Member Posts: 101

I voted for Human. In most MMORPG's I dislike playing with such an 'ordinary'-race, but in W1 you didn't had any choice, but I didn't mind playing with Human, also because the character models looked good. So this time, I will again play with Human. But Sylvari looks nice as well.

Asura just isn't for me, and Norn and Charr just look to brutish to my liking...

• gredinusgredinus Member Posts: 3

I'm gonna play a Char "insert proffesion that uses guns".

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Im going with Sylvari, always been a support class player, and this race seems right up my alley. :]

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• ThrenodyThrenody Member Posts: 54

Sylvari.  I love this beautiful, elegant race.  I'm thrilled to see a race that will cater to the female or maybe just more effeminate players.

Human, then norn, then sylvar, wait for the expansion and then play tengu.

DEATH TO THE CHARR!!!

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I choose humans for sure

Beautiful-elegant-sexy what more can you wish for :3 it was humans or Sylvari. But am i wrong when i say that it may be rare too se a sylvari male xD But go humans :3