Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was hoping everyone was wrong about this game and company

QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Until this moment I was happy to continue giving Allods a fair chance.  I love the world, the lore and the gameplay.  That is, until I was robbed.  

Due to a bug, my character fell through the world and died.  Because of this, one of the Holy Charms that I had purchased was used up.  I thought to myself, "No problem.  This wasn't my fault at all and was truly not the intended use for these charms.  I'll send in a petition and get it back."

Here is the repsonse I recieved:

----------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue.

Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse Holy Charms in these type of situations.

We understand the death was due to a bug and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our game is currently in Open Beta and we look to having these type of bugs fixed closer to official release.

Thank you!

The Allods Team

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry? Something in my gut says that's not genuine.  They are charging players to BETA test their game and are perfectly comfortable with you losing items you purchased during this "test" due to their unfinished game.  I know that Holy Charms are pretty cheap (around 1 cent each). I'm not crying over a penny, I could care less...it's the principle of ripping off a paying customer.

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate. :cry: 

Until this moment I was happy to continue giving Allods a fair chance.  I love the world, the lore and the gameplay.  That is, until I was robbed.  

Due to a bug, my character fell through the world and died.  Because of this, one of the Holy Charms that I had purchased was used up.  I thought to myself, "No problem.  This wasn't my fault at all and was truly not the intended use for these charms.  I'll send in a petition and get it back."

Hello,

We understand the death was due to a bug and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our game is currently in Open Beta and we look to having these type of bugs fixed closer to official release.

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Sorry? Something in my gut says that's not genuine.  They are charging players to BETA test their game and are perfectly comfortable with you losing items you purchased during this "test" due to their unfinished game.  I know that Holy Charms are pretty cheap (around 1 cent each). I'm not crying over a penny, I could care less...it's the principle of ripping off a paying customer.

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate. :cry: 

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate.

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by Qazz

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

Hello,

Thank you!

The Allods Team

I didn't want to believe the hundreds of negative posts I've read.  Sadly, I'm finding them to be quite accurate.

I feel for your pain.  I am getting pretty tired of them claiming this game is in beta.  They just put out an EXPANSION.  Since when do games release expansions while they're in beta?

Steam: Neph

• castertroytcastertroyt Member UncommonPosts: 21

Well...that kinda confirms my skepticism on F2P... where I believe most operate with a limited budget. They starts selling stuffs through their stores for a beta version to make generate revenue stream, and at the same time could blame all the flaws on it being beta. I would think a European F2P (correct me if I'm wrong) would at least have a better customer service and quality...but it's probably the same as all those asian developed F2P.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Wow...just wow.  They've already deleted my thread on their own general forums.  I wasn't nearly as harsh there as I was here.  My thread literally lasted about 10 minutes over there.  Sad day.

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197

maybe you shouldnt buy anything EVER from the shop to begin with...if everybody do the same then they will either shut the shop down or drop the prices dramaticaly so much that you owuldnt even bother writting a letter to the company, you would just buy a new item. I play the game but i never shop ANYTHING from the store...maybe you should do the same...less headeches

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Thats rather twisted.

Best thing you can do is msg whoever the community manager is on the forums and explain what happened. If he still touts the "company" line, then simply call your CC company and charge back the charge.

You will lose access to the game, but, at the same time you will speak with your wallet, and have tried everything you could.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Why in the first place did you even use money to buy an item from an Item Shop in a Beta game? Why didn't you take their offer on FREE TO PLAY and play it for free?

Its people like you that give power to this item shops. Im happy you were not given your money back.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

I'm just amazed.  

The first game to have an expansion in beta. 

F2P is classy....

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

First of all why are you having to buy items in a beta, to me that spells shenanagins up front. That just aint right.

In beta it should be free to buy stuff or they give you the points or whatever to buy stuff with. 

Sorry that they are a shady company, ill just make sure to stay well away from these rip off artists.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by Flex1

Why in the first place did you even use money to buy an item from an Item Shop in a Beta game? Why didn't you take their offer on FREE TO PLAY and play it for free?

Its people like you that give power to this item shops. Im happy you were not given your money back.

Edit: decided to remove my response to this post.  All I can say is that even in Beta, if you purchase something and you have it robbed from you, it's wrong.  

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Love how they open their cash shop in a BETA game and then use it as an excuse not to reimburse users for bugs that cause real money loss.

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

their behaviour is totally unaccetable. CS and selling items for real money= end of beta (and start of business).

It doesn't matter if it was 1$, 10$ or 1 cent cause it is not matter of amount of money but some standards. It seems that this

company have very low standards if they delete your posts, don't want to "refund" item lost in such way.

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

Wow.   This kinda floored me.    To the devs at Allods, I would just say this:   if you are charging people for stuff, it ain't beta anymore.  If you released an expansion, it ain't beta anymore.   Just do the right thing and return the item the person bought, it won't break you, and it's good for customer service.

Sheesh.

Their response alone has convinced me never to play that game.

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

yeah those pennies add up.

I wouldn't  mind getting a penny for every death that incures  in a 24 hour period, just from one server. That could pay for me to play a P2P game image

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

Wow, that is really too bad. I agree that a game in beta should not charge for items and I have to say that after playing this game, it definitely feels like it's in beta. I've encountered a number of bugs and I only started playing a couple days ago. 

This game seems like it has a lot of potential but with these kind of business practices and the reputation they are creating for themselves, I can't see this game living up to that potential. 

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Qazz

Wow...just wow.  They've already deleted my thread on their own general forums.  I wasn't nearly as harsh there as I was here.  My thread literally lasted about 10 minutes over there.  Sad day.

Stop playing allods? If everyone stopped playing these crappy f2p games that rip people off aswell as payed games ..the quality standarts would go up..

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Well you purchased items in a beta. That was your own wrong decision. It's because of peoples like you that these companies decide to put a cs in an unfinished game. If no one would buy items than they would had to work harder to polish the game, launch a finished product so they could make money. If they are generating money with the current state of the game why should they hurry up and finish it anyway.

• golightgolight Member Posts: 104

It's unacceptable for any company to charge for a service or product and when it fails or found to be broken refuse to reimburse you. This is entirely their fault. I'm sure if you contact your credit card company or bank you should be able to get your money back. I can't actually believe that they are even so stupid to admit it's their fault yet refuse to help you. It's shocking.

Play: -
    Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

Originally posted by Edli

Well you purchased items in a beta. That was your own wrong decision. It's because of peoples like you that these companies decide to put a cs in an unfinished game. If no one would buy items than they would had to work harder to polish the game, launch a finished product so they could make money. If they are generating money with the current state of the game why should they hurry up and finish it anyway.

Your point does not make any sense. The game is not playable without using their shop. Infact you are forced to use it. They have used the pretended "beta" for a long time now. It's just a convenient way for them to run a sub-quality product. If it's not finished how can they be releasing a "expansion" soon? 

Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW

Originally posted by golight

It's unacceptable for any company to charge for a service or product and when it fails or found to be broken refuse to reimburse you. This is entirely their fault.

The game is in beta. Unfinished. If you decide to pay for an unfinished product is your fault. Is the costumer that makes the standard with his wallet. If peoples start paying for unfinished products then companies will give us unfinished products. That's simple. 

Originally posted by Edli

Your point does not make any sense. The game is not playable without using their shop. Infact you are forced to use it. They have used the pretended "beta" for a long time now. It's just a convenient way for them to run a sub-quality product. If it's not finished how can they be releasing a "expansion" soon? 

If the company says it's unfinished it is. You are not forced to do anything. You can just refuse to pay and play until they release a finished product. 

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I don't get why people play Free to play MMORPGs! You get less customer service, more servers lag, etc..

I only play pay to play MMORPGs... ONLY! You get a little more customer service/respect, servers doesn't lag (execpt EQ2...) etc..

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

Originally posted by Zakor

I don't get why people play Free to play MMORPGs! You get less customer service, more servers lag, etc..

I only play pay to play MMORPGs... ONLY! You get a little more customer service/respect, servers doesn't lag (execpt EQ2...) etc..

Oh really? I guess you didn't try Aion? I've never encountered such hostile and bad customer support, server lags and faulty client software. Or how about AoC and WAR?? Allods out performed all of those games in both stability and server performance. Unfortunately the game is boring and have very little substance and the owners have gotten very greedy.

Free to Play is just the same as any game that charges a membership it's just that instead of a monthly fee they use a shop. It should not give you less support or customer service. As a paying customer be it in a shop or through subscription you have the same rights.

And I doubt very much that the "beta" excuse would hold up against your rights as a consumer. As a customer you have the right get a refund for a faulty product or non delivery. Simply ask your bank and they will do a chargeback. The same goes for Paypal.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Zakor

Oh really? I guess you didn't try Aion? I've never encountered such hostile and bad customer support, server lags and faulty client software. Or how about AoC and WAR?? Allods out performed all of those games in both stability and server performance. Unfortunately the game is boring and have very little substance and the owners have gotten very greedy.

Free to Play is just the same as any game that charges a membership it's just that instead of a monthly fee they use a shop. It should not give you less support or customer service. As a paying customer be it in a shop or through subscription you have the same rights.

And I doubt very much that the "beta" excuse would hold up against your rights as a consumer. As a customer you have the right get a refund for a faulty product or non delivery. Simply ask your bank and they will do a chargeback. The same goes for Paypal.

Yea I was fixing to say you not dealt with Turbines customer support either.  I have had a couple of realy bad problems with there gm support team, that is the 2 times I actually talked to somebody .  Most of the time you get a canned answer and you issue is not resolved.

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

Well, as for now, it's impossible to kill a mob with equal level in a fair 1v1 battle where you start with 100% hp without the use of item shop buffs.

The game's a wreckage now.

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Originally posted by castertroyt
    Well...that kinda confirms my skepticism on F2P... where I believe most operate with a limited budget. They starts selling stuffs through their stores for a beta version to make generate revenue stream, and at the same time could blame all the flaws on it being beta. I would think a European F2P (correct me if I'm wrong) would at least have a better customer service and quality...but it's probably the same as all those asian developed F2P.

No, not really. I've had pretty good experiences in some of the F2P games, allods and gPotato games are just a huge rip off typically. They recently nearly destroyed the game with a patch, so no real shocker, I think they're trying to go out of business or something.

I've on occasional had spectacular support from F2P games, but honestly support in MMOs no matter if its F2P or P2P is crap... and I've played at least passingly the vast majority of games since I/LoK and M59.

Allods however, has the worst CS policies of any game I've ever seen bar none... they border on what I would consider fraud.

Shadus