Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is epic armor even worht anything anymore??

punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
i mean really i rember everyone was like omg epic armor is the best. but know its like oh epic armor what does it do. if its called epic it should eb the best in the game not TOA crap

Comments

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Epic armor is good for throwing on a lowbie that you are levelling up. It is still MP armor and the graphic is somewhat unique (shared with SI epic). At higher levels though, you are better off with a crafted set or ToA.

• ShadadShadad Member Posts: 33
    For the most part Epic is seen in the bg's now days, but is not all to bad to use if dont want to use up durration on ur good set in PvE stuff now and then, i have Epic for my toons in my vault as ive seen a post on the herold about Epic loving someday the best i have seen to do ( did on 2 of my toons ) is get all the epic's done but dont turn in the orb that gives it to you , that way only 1 item to store and not the 6
  • OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

if you salvage it you get some nice metals :)

I think crafted + SC is better since you can adapt it to you needed stats....it has nothing to do with ToA or not...Epics was out of date long before ToA.... it's not even lvl 51 Armour... just 100 AF instead of 102 :)

But as you said, it's called EPIC and should be better, I'v heard they were going to add ToA-bonuses to the epics...but as far as I know it's just a rumour...

• KallistiKallisti Member Posts: 10

Yes I remember when Epic armour was the BEST of the BEST... I was so proud when I got my Minstrel epic - apart from the weird phallic flute on my chest! :)

The day of the patch that brough epic armour into the game I remember running around in a goup with 7 other minstrels doing the quests - was hilarous :)

Sadly nowadays there are so much better armours out there, from SC'd to SI epic dungeon to Catacombs armours and ultimately Artifact armour.

Kallisti CollidesWithTrees - Legendary Fletcher & Minstrel TL
    Kallora DancesWithTrees - RR5 Psycho-Friar
    Maps: http://www.kallisti-daoc.com/maps.php

• EchaniEchani Member Posts: 72

I still get my Epic for all my 50s for the Unique Graphic and for running around getting trashed in PvE.  But you are right, it is nowhere near the best of the best anymore as it is difficult to find jewelry that fits the adds on th armor.  Mythic could add something to it by adding additional epic quests to recieve a full set of Jewelry to the Epic armor to make it mx out alot of stats and such, but as a LGM SCer myself, I know that you can do better with a nice template OCing and good crafted armor.

Just my humble opinion.

Does your guild have a website yet? Find out how easy it is to get one.

• solesole Member Posts: 78
    I heard from mythics the Epic will get some love now
  • TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123

Well i don't know about that but i still go after epic armor for a set of armor to dres up with to funrals wedding borthdays ect....

But i agree mythic needs to do something about epics like make em blank when we get them so that we can SC or something like that

imageimage