Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I get back into Eve, years later?

NaxtorNaxtor Member Posts: 38

I enjoyed Eve a few years back.  Have played a number of MMOs since EQ.  I enjoyed Eve for a while then got a bit bored as PvP seemed scarce.  Perhaps I was just in a bad corp.  I also didn't like the interface so much.  By that, I mean I didn't like my enemies appearing as tiny red squares on the screen.  I know this might be "realistic" in terms of what actual space combat might be like.  But it always struck me as odd that the ship designs were so cool but you only saw them when you zoomed in on one during a fight or something.  Hopefully some game will figure out a good middle ground for this kind of problem.

I also recall that veteran players had a HUGE advantage over newbs (due to the [perpetual] off line skill training) even then.  I can't even imagine how bad it must be now.  How can a new player be even remotely viable in this game?  Do people just buy accounts?  Is that even legal?

I love the idea of space based games.  I'm curious if it's even possible to get into (or back into) Eve as a rebooted newb.

Thx,

N

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• yobiggy777yobiggy777 Member Posts: 3

I'm actually wondering the same thing. Is it a good time to get back into eve?

I will drain your life away!!!

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Hey guys...

First off, let's crush the hole idea about it being impossible to catch up,  every skill only goes to 5, and after a while the vet will have to read skills, that doesn't benefit him in any way except giving him more variety in weapons, ships, modules etc.

If you focus your training, you will be able to max out whatever you want to fly, and a vet will be at he same point in that particular ship / weapon / module.

Yes he might be able to fly something bigger, but bigger is not always better.

Will you always be behind in SP? Yes... Does it matter? No.

So ye, if you enjoyed it, play, if you didn't, then well, no point eh?!..

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose mate.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

I wondered exactly the same thing some time ago and bought the re-released box version with the freebies.

My first memories of EVE were of mission running which weren't too difficult so thought i'd continue with those. I started the Sisters of EVE quest line with nice doable missions until i hit a steep verticle line in difficulty which i found impossible....

So i quit for good :P

Pan

• rathrotrathrot Member Posts: 18

it was called an epic aric quest line, its suppose to get harder as you progress...

If you liked the game before, get back into it. whats it cost ya to reactivate? 15 bucks?  1 month and if you are bored again i'd say figure out why and fix it.

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Beazt

Hey guys...

First off, let's crush the hole idea about it being impossible to catch up,  every skill only goes to 5, and after a while the vet will have to read skills, that doesn't benefit him in any way except giving him more variety in weapons, ships, modules etc.

If you focus your training, you will be able to max out whatever you want to fly, and a vet will be at he same point in that particular ship / weapon / module.

Yes he might be able to fly something bigger, but bigger is not always better.

Will you always be behind in SP? Yes... Does it matter? No.

So ye, if you enjoyed it, play, if you didn't, then well, no point eh?!..

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose mate.

A post so nice, I wanted it read TWICE.

QFT. :)

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by rathrot

If you liked the game before, get back into it. whats it cost ya to reactivate? 15 bucks?  1 month and if you are bored again i'd say figure out why and fix it.

And if you reactivate before the 13th, you can redeem a free Primae.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre