Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron account creation/click2pay questions

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Okay i'd thought i'd like to try this game and researching it i understand many players have probs creating accounts so thought i'd buy neocron from amazon for a measely 98 pence get 4 weeks free play try it for 4 weeks then worry about subscription later.

When creating the account i click boxed version(click2pay) When creating the account i get directed to a click2pay website which i have to register. How does this tie in with subscriptions to neocron? If i cancelled account would i cancel it from the neocron site or click2pay site?

Next question when i click on the account management button my browser warns me this site hasn't had a secuirty check  or something like that and warns me not to proceed? Is this site safe? Would hate to navigate the account management page and enter details with that message appearing..

Do Reakkator want anyone to play this thing anymore??? find it hard to believe the hoops they make you jump through to get it to work

Pan

Comments

• blingbladeblingblade Member Posts: 42

click to pay is a screwy payment site that reakktor used.  At this point I wouldnt trust click to pay with my account information.  Avoid Neocron2 it is nothing but a shell of an awesome game now.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

How/Why is this game still running? They seem to quit updating the game long ago. Aren't only a handful of players and most of them have accounts that are free to play? I dunno.. its nice they let old players reminisce but aren't they throwing money away keeping the servers up?

• LithianlordLithianlord Member Posts: 24

I'm in the same boat. Someone must know of either accounts not being used or a way to get into this game. I am not going to pay for a game overseas (oh your crazy euro currency) that looks so dead. I am on a crusade at this point to figure this all out.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Guys....sadly, Necoron is dead.

They've all gone to work on Black Prophecy now, and don't care about Neocron anymore. You cannot make an account. Even if you did, you'd find a handful of people left in the game hanging out in the same spots doing nothing.

I really really wish that someone would take this game and re-build it, then re-release it.....it was great in it's prime (bar the bugs of course).

Sadly, we'll probably never see another game like it.

So true but its still makes me wonder how is the game still running. I didn't think servers were free to run.

I'm afriad there is no way anyone would ressurrect Neocron. There are too many parts of it (mob grind, dungeon grind, missions, imbalance, bugs, etc) that would have to be changed to appeal to a larger audience as ALL MMO developer feels they must do so that it wouldn't be Neocron anymore.

RIP sci-fi virtual world

Originally posted by mmoguy43

So true but its still makes me wonder how is the game still running. I didn't think servers were free to run.

TBH, the servers are prolly some old Pentium3's in some DEV's basement at this point. And although I'm joking, it's probably not far from the truth.

I'm afriad there is no way anyone would ressurrect Neocron. There are too many parts of it (mob grind, dungeon grind, missions, imbalance, bugs, etc) that would have to be changed to appeal to a larger audience as ALL MMO developer feels they must do so that it wouldn't be Neocron anymore.

RIP sci-fi virtual world

Oh, I don't know....with the advent of Darkfall and MO, and such games, I think a "New Neocron" might do surprisingly well. We'll likely never know though....sadly.

I just want to see what all the fuss was about. Necron looks to be my dream MMO, but sadly I missed the party.

Originally posted by Lithianlord

I just want to see what all the fuss was about. Necron looks to be my dream MMO, but sadly I missed the party.

I'll tell ya, during it's prime, it was a GREAT game. It really had a lot of potential....the PVP was fast, and fun, with a great loot system: one random item dropped from your inventory in a "belt"....which could be "hacked" by other players, and then looted. Hacking was a mini-game puzzle, and it was difficult. It took time to do, during which time youcouldn't even see the world around you....so if the original owner came back fast enough, he could potentially kill his ganker in the process of looting him.

Certain "epic"-style mobs also had to be hacked to be looted, such as Warbots. I personally used to love stalking people who were farming Warbots for rares, and kill them while they were hacking the loot.

Crafting was really good. Skill and luck played a role in how good a crafted item was. Items were crafted with "slots", and could hold an upgrade in each slot, along with other standard upgrades besides.

So you could have....for example....a rare crafted SMG with an extended clip, laser scope, mag-light attatchment, firing pin mod for faster ROF, firing incediary rounds.

Territory could be taken over and controlled.....it was not uncommon to return to your faction's base to find that it had been taken over by the enemy faction, and there was a pitched battle in progress to reclaim it.

It was a great game, with a modified skill-based leveling system (similar in a way to old SWG, but a little more restricted and refined), great PVP, a tight community....and a dirty, adult atmosphere that has never been reproduced.

I remember having PVP battles in Pepper Park in front of windows where nude strippers danced. Drugs and drug dealing were encouraged, and had cool little psychadelic effects. You could get drunk in teh game, and your screen would get all fuzzy and blurry, and you'd stagger.

I REALLY want someone to re-make this game for modern times, keeping the gritty cyber-punk feel intact....but it will almost certainly never happen.

RIP Neocron.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I'll tell ya, during it's prime, it was a GREAT game. It really had a lot of potential....the PVP was fast, and fun, with a great loot system: one random item dropped from your inventory in a "belt"....which could be "hacked" by other players, and then looted. Hacking was a mini-game puzzle, and it was difficult. It took time to do, during which time youcouldn't even see the world around you....so if the original owner came back fast enough, he could potentially kill his ganker in the process of looting him.

Certain "epic"-style mobs also had to be hacked to be looted, such as Warbots. I personally used to love stalking people who were farming Warbots for rares, and kill them while they were hacking the loot.

Crafting was really good. Skill and luck played a role in how good a crafted item was. Items were crafted with "slots", and could hold an upgrade in each slot, along with other standard upgrades besides.

So you could have....for example....a rare crafted SMG with an extended clip, laser scope, mag-light attatchment, firing pin mod for faster ROF, firing incediary rounds.

Territory could be taken over and controlled.....it was not uncommon to return to your faction's base to find that it had been taken over by the enemy faction, and there was a pitched battle in progress to reclaim it.

It was a great game, with a modified skill-based leveling system (similar in a way to old SWG, but a little more restricted and refined), great PVP, a tight community....and a dirty, adult atmosphere that has never been reproduced.

I remember having PVP battles in Pepper Park in front of windows where nude strippers danced. Drugs and drug dealing were encouraged, and had cool little psychadelic effects. You could get drunk in teh game, and your screen would get all fuzzy and blurry, and you'd stagger.

I REALLY want someone to re-make this game for modern times, keeping the gritty cyber-punk feel intact....but it will almost certainly never happen.

RIP Neocron.

Well if this is all still true, then I will not say RIP Neocron. As long as the servers stay up, then I will continue to try and keep this game alive. Even if there will only be me and a few others playing the game for nostalgia, it will stay afloat with the passion of the fans. The MMO market has run dry with WoW knockoffs and marketable IPs that flood the charts with generic expectations. I need a game like Neocron to remember why I even bother with MMOs in the first place.

• xTRIxEDGExxTRIxEDGEx Member UncommonPosts: 43

Any luck Lithianlord?

I really wanted to try this game to.

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

Servers are filling back up.. though at max, there are only around 50 players online. But that is more then enough to get stuff done.

The major problem is newer ppl making an account as Click2Play acct setup is offline ATM. If anyone needs an account just PM me or leave me a Message and I will try to help you. Awesome game.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

• CoolaidCoolaid Member UncommonPosts: 70

I have a few friends that would like to try this game out.  Haven't played since Neocron beta.  Can anyone help me out?

• MnemiMnemi Member UncommonPosts: 55

I too would like to give Neocron a shot, heard it's pretty much free to play now if someone can make an account, that was all that was stopping me in the past for playing it. Since of course I knew nothing about the developers.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

50 players online? thats really low for a mmorpg. Seen private servers of little unknown games like redmoon with more than that. Would be nice if they did a bit of advertising and offering a 10 day free trial or something, preferably a trial that doesn't require billing info to activate since people tend to avoid those kinds of trials.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

RIP Neocron.

Dang this sounds like my dream mmorpg too, sadly I also missed the party. Only godo sci-fi mmo I have played has been anarchy online, nothing else has come close. Really all AO needs is a major graphical overhaul including models and textures, and a re-release and it'd be back on the map.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

Theres now 40-70 players at peaktimes, assuming 1% still = 10 players. Thats become the norm for about 2-3 years. When it was really popular the server was usualy at 30-35% (300-350 ppl) and when they had live events it was close to 45%. That may seem low for a MMO but it was plenty to make the city feel busy and populated and while the wastelands were somewhat empty except for wandering adventurers, it made exploring really fun and world pvp not as much of a gankfest.

• CoolaidCoolaid Member UncommonPosts: 70

so any advice on creating an account?

As far as I know the only way to get one is by donation from someone that has one and doesn't need it. Only thing you can do is ask around on different forums, assuming thats ok.