Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game fun?

Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

I want some details from the people who play this to give some advice if I should play it or not.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Schutzy121

I want some details from the people who play this to give some advice if I should play it or not.

I thought it WAS a great game until they announced the gay marriage RP option. I uninstalled it today.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by bigsmiff

I thought it WAS a great game until they announced the gay marriage RP option. I uninstalled it today.

That's a bit closed minded. If you don't enjoy that aspect of the game, don't goto the servies.

• anjealous82anjealous82 Member UncommonPosts: 123

It's fun to some point. Just dont dother with crafting. Mat grinding is the worst part of the game.

100=60=20=6=2

Blue mountain demon grass>Blue mountain demon grass bundles> Blue mountain demon grass sap> Extract>Potion

I could be wrong on the last two but that the way the processs works, and you get a point per item created. No bonus. Nothing to make it go faster.

Other than that game play is fun

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

It's an awesome game. It's truly free-to-play. You don't have to spend a dime unless you really want to. It has a friendly and helpful community. It has interesting classes, skills,  and areas, and engaging, immersive graphics. The quests are nothing special, but they are good enough to keep you playing. It takes a lot of the senseless timesinks out that a lot of games keep in. It has features that a lot of premium P2P games don't have. It is casual or hardcore-friendly. I can't think of one issue that I feel is a big deterrent to this game, like I see in most games. To be honest, it's better than most P2P games out there today. It has kept me interested for 6+ months and I would highly recommend it!

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Clandestine

It's an awesome game. It's truly free-to-play. You don't have to spend a dime unless you really want to. It has a friendly and helpful community. It has interesting classes, skills,  and areas, and engaging, immersive graphics. The quests are nothing special, but they are good enough to keep you playing. It takes a lot of the senseless timesinks out that a lot of games keep in. It has features that a lot of premium P2P games don't have. It is casual or hardcore-friendly. I can't think of one issue that I feel is a big deterrent to this game, like I see in most games. To be honest, it's better than most P2P games out there today. It has kept me interested for 6+ months and I would highly recommend it!

i hate to pick at other people posts, but this was just a lie.  the classes are not cool.  you have tank, healer, caster, dps, range, dps, stealth class, and the two new ones with are horrible.  your basic classes really.  most of the skills are passive and some of them you wont even use.  the graphics aren't that good.  what features does this game have that a P2P doesn't have?

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

Umm, the post was not a lie... I BELIEVE the classes are cool and I have a right to say I believe they are without being called a liar for it. Specifically, the ability to dual-class is good and interesting, in my opinion, if I am allowed to have one. The ability to dual class is one thing this game has that most P2P games don't have. Mounts at level 1 is another feature most other games don't have. A functional, well-designed auction house is something this game has that most P2P games can't get right. There are lots of things in RoM that are very well implemented that were after thoughts in other games.

Originally posted by rashhero

Originally posted by Tazlor

That's a bit closed minded. If you don't enjoy that aspect of the game, don't goto the servies.

not really.  men were created to be with women and women were created to be with men.  anything else is just plain silly.

and no, the game isn't that good.

IF one believed in creationism that would be what one would think true.

a creationist wouldn't think it's true, they would know it's true.

• Originally posted by bigsmiff

Wow.  Just...wow.  Time to grow up and open your mind.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

not really.  men were created to be with women and women were created to be with men.  anything else is just plain silly.

a creationist wouldn't think it's true, they would know it's true.

This thread isn't meant to be a religious argument, if you don't like it don't play it.

Originally posted by zenryoku

lol...ok i'll be open minded.  i'll try sticking this USB drive into a wall jack.  it's not working....almost as if it's MADE to be with a USB port!  created, designed by someone....

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by zenryoku

lol...ok i'll be open minded.  i'll try sticking this USB drive into a wall jack.  it's not working....almost as if it's MADE to be with a USB port!  created, designed by someone....

I'd suggest a fork next time.

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

I got banned for reporting harrassment. So my answer is a obvious "no!". You cannot play this game at higher lvls without spending real money. If anyone tells you anything different, they are lying.

If you like to just give a company your support and time and in return get nothing for it, then by all means give it a shot.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Wow, someone quit a game because of an option that is legal in most places now? That is hilarious, someone really needs to create a way to physically slap someone through the internet..

As for the RoM, it is alright, basically is the closest thing to WoW out there, with a few other extra features, which makes it a slightly better game imo. The dual class system is probably the most interesting part, though It is heavily cashshop dependant at higher levels, even most instances at low levels are impossible without paying to upgrade your gear.

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

I tried it for the FFA PVP so my opinion is a little biased, so if you are looking to play for the PVE, i never got into it.

This game has one of the worst FFA PVP mechanisms iv ever tried.  If you want to kill someone, you need to turn your pvp flag on which pops up a big laughing flaming skull that is half the size of your character.  Then if you kill someone without a pop flag on you get all of these negative effects so even if you accomplish killing someone.

So, in short, horrible pvp game, but im sure the pve is pretty decent.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by Kuatosune

If you really wanted to get technical evolutionism would back that up as well.

Actually, no.  Evolution supports the notion that homosexuality is "natural" (i.e. is part of the evolution of nature, not against nature).

If you google the science on this, you'll find:

1) The genetic basis for homosexuality seems to confer a benefit to the fertility of heterosexual women.  There was a study that found something to the effect that women with gay men among their blood relatives had more children than those who did not.  This seems to be why homosexuality has continued among human beings, though same-sex relationships don't produce children.

2) Homosexuality is widespread in non-human species.  There was a book on the subject that found something like 450 species who had homosexual relationships.

You can't use evolution to argue against equal rights for gay people.  You pretty much have to use the Bible (and selectively quote it / misquote it at that).

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Actually, no.  Evolution supports the notion that homosexuality is "natural" (i.e. is part of the evolution of nature, not against nature).

If you google the science on this, you'll find:

1) The genetic basis for homosexuality seems to confer a benefit to the fertility of heterosexual women.  There was a study that found something to the effect that women with gay men among their blood relatives had more children than those who did not.  This seems to be why homosexuality has continued among human beings, though same-sex relationships don't produce children.

2) Homosexuality is widespread in non-human species.  There was a book on the subject that found something like 450 species who had homosexual relationships.

You can't use evolution to argue against equal rights for gay people.  You pretty much have to use the Bible (and selectively quote it / misquote it at that).

Could you guys stay on topic? If you want to discuss equal rights for gays you should do that in a thread created for that purpose. It is interesting but it doesn't belong in this thread.

OP: It is acceptable but not great. One of the best F2P games whatever that says. It looks pretty nice too.

If you have nothing to do, sure. But don't expect it to be as good as the top P2P games. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by just2duh

someone really needs to create a way to physically slap someone through the internet..

Even if they did create it, your lack of nerve would prevent you from doing it...unless you were speaking on behalf of others.

Keyboard warriors crack me up.

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Ok ty for the advice. I won't play it.

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

This discussion has been closed.