Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't d/l trail

Jackal79Jackal79 Member Posts: 3

I am trying to download eve online so I can try it out with the 14 day trial. Everytime I download it (like 5 or 6 times so far) it will say something along the lines of "can't write to file (some file)" when it is trying to install. Every download does it in a different spot in a different file.

I have tried using firefox, IE, and a download manager to download it... Why is it not working? I guess this belongs in their official forums but that requires a membership. Obviously I'm not about to go buy a subscription for it as I'm taking these problems as warning signs of the game itself.

Comments

• DremvekDremvek Member UncommonPosts: 160
    YOu just have to have your account created to use the forums. That is free, and can be done with the trial key obtained from this site. THey can help you better there.
  • Jackal79Jackal79 Member Posts: 3

Nope - I have to log into the game and create a player to post there. Kinda hard to do without having the game... I guess I'll find something else.

• solesole Member Posts: 78

Jackal79

Must be something wrong with your computer or you connection  I never Never hade any problems with downloading eve.

• Jackal79Jackal79 Member Posts: 3

OK, in case anyone else has wierd problems and finds this in a search - the installer extracts files to c: reguardless of the intended destination and if you don't have enough space on c: it won't tell you - it will just say it "can't write file (blah blah)". You need at least 1GB on c: