Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting slammed by MMORG.COM community for being new

2»

Comments

• LightSlayerLightSlayer Member Posts: 182
    Don't worry about it man, a lot of good people here and a lot of bad people, just make a few friends and talk when your bored....keeps me occupied for at most a few hours.

EDIT: By the way ADMINSs are cool =D

---------------------------------------------

• ZaniZani Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Malicus
    Chorsery you come here sign up and insult the community time and again. Not only this but you have to plug a secondrate game every chance you get. And you wonder why we cant take you seriously?

Funny how you twisted that around. It was your stupid flaming that has caused a bad feeling towards the community as a whole. But then bad apples will always spoil it for the rest of the bunch.

• PsyklonPsyklon Member Posts: 33

troll alert:

please do not feed trolls from AE forums

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by theonlyone
    No Mr. Bitey, I know Chor, in game at least. He plays AE, like alot of us do that have posted on these various threads. I dunno if he played the other game too or not. I thank those of you that gave constructive criticism about how some of us AE posters, have posted on this board. Point taken I say, and I have already found instructive info on this board about other games I am very interested in. Of course I'll continue to play AE too, just cause it is really fun to me. It truly is a game where people that play, tend to love. Perhaps these last couple of days, people on this board have learned a little about AE, and people active in AE have learned how to be active on these boards in a more constructive way to both our game, and this community. I plan to stick around both if that is ok. Thanks again, ::::28::

And I bet you are a alt account for Chor(yep, we know everything someone else does in-game and you signed up for the account 2 days ago). Guess you cant resist the greatness of mmorpg.com..............

• Rachel1Rachel1 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Chorsery

So I hear about this really cool site that talks about all the MMORPG's out there and I think, "Cool, I should go there and check it out." I register and start reading about all the games and run across a topic on my favorite game. So I think, "Wow, they're talking about my favorite game! Let's see what they say."
    Then I start reading the thread and find out that people are slamming newer members of MMORPG.com because they're new members, not because they don't have anything to say or add about the topic, but because they have a low post count.  Something like, 'You have a low post count so what you say is crap.'
    I don't get it. If I've played a game for four years, you would think that my opinion about that game would matter to people. I mean, who knows more about a game then someone who has played it for years? What does it matter if I only have a few posts on this particular site?
    In fact, even if a bunch of my pals, who've played the same game as me and have never posted on this site, start talking about what a cool site it is, and that we can talk about our favorite game to a larger community, then why shouldn't we all come here and start participating? I would think new members to MMORPG.com would be welcome. I would think that the owners of this site would be thrilled to expand their member base.
    Instead, our views about our game are slammed, not because we don't know anything about the game, or that we don't know anything about other games, but simply because we are new to this particular website. It seems that some long term members of this site have some sort of 'we know more then you about your game' attitude, just because they troll this site instead of actually playing the game we're talking about.
    If there's been a game around for four years, then new people posting about it aren't doing it to hype it - why would they? The game has been around, there's no need to hype it. Seems to me they actually might be motivated by simply wanting to communicate that we're playing a good game and we'd like to invite you to play it to.
    Ok, so I'm ready to get flamed, but what the heck.

Well said!  I really think they just hate new people, kinda like the new kid in school thing... I think they are probably kids too.

Originally posted by dsorrent

I think the only time I've made a comment on someone's low post count was actually within the past 2 weeks... It twas when someone posted something about DragonBall Z and demanded that if you didn't like DragonBall Z, you should not post in his thread.
    When someone posts, the first thing I do is look at the content... I even look it sometimes before I even look at the poster's name... Most of the "higher ranking" people I've seen here don't normally slam people for having a low post count.... Most of the slamming has been because someone liked EQ2 or WoW.. ::::02:: But at least that seems to have subsided too...

If you read the original discussion almost everybody flaming us was saying, "Look at the low post count, this is one person posting over and over, how does he remember all those passwords?"  Heck we thought we found a friendly place to share about games.... Unfortunately we were not welcomed with open arms we were not welcomed at all by most.
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Anyone who laughs and insults at other post counts is just plain stupid.

Please, just pretend they are some kind of bug that got squashed on the forum on accident, ignore them.

• PsyklonPsyklon Member Posts: 33
    Is the AE community all Trolls ? or just the ones that come here?

Originally posted by n2sooners

Coming here just to pump up the numbers on a game is, and always has been, frowned upon. That is why they changed the rules to prevent people from just making an account and being able to give their favorite game tens and all the other games ones. But still, from time to time, someone will post on some game board about this site and urge people to come here and pump up the rating or the hype on their game. And when a post pops up that indicates that may very well be what is happening, it will most likely be flamed. People want the ratings to be a somewhat objective rating of the game by the site readers, not something that is artifically inflated by board members from that game.
    In other words, they aren't being flamed because they are new, they are getting flamed because they are jacking up the rating on their game to an artificial high and they happen to be new.

The numbers for the game are high because it is a good game??? Maybe that could be the answer?

Originally posted by Malicus
    Chorsery you come here sign up and insult the community time and again. Not only this but you have to plug a secondrate game every chance you get. And you wonder why we cant take you seriously?

Good grief spend some time playing whatever game you play instead of criticizing us for loving ours?

• =o yo homies we aint trolls,leave us alone <3 my AE why dont you try it 8), past lvl 20 perhaps ;o then you can own your own guild :o a nub guild perhaps :P
  • dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by Rachel1
    Originally posted by dsorrent
    I think the only time I've made a comment on someone's low post count was actually within the past 2 weeks... It twas when someone posted something about DragonBall Z and demanded that if you didn't like DragonBall Z, you should not post in his thread.
    When someone posts, the first thing I do is look at the content... I even look it sometimes before I even look at the poster's name... Most of the "higher ranking" people I've seen here don't normally slam people for having a low post count.... Most of the slamming has been because someone liked EQ2 or WoW.. But at least that seems to have subsided too...If you read the original discussion almost everybody flaming us was saying, "Look at the low post count, this is one person posting over and over, how does he remember all those passwords?" Heck we thought we found a friendly place to share about games.... Unfortunately we were not welcomed with open arms we were not welcomed at all by most.

Rachel1, Could you please post the link to this thread you speak of?

Thank you.

Yes, this thread is locked now and I hope I am doing this right I am new.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/36614/setstart/1/loadclass/35

The reactions to our posts were just so harsh.  I know alot of them are kids and don't realize how hurtful they can be but it was such an onslaught like they just wanted to get rid of us.

We were honestly just trying to share something we love with people who enjoyed these types of games.  I can promise you I will never try to tell anybody about a new game here again because I didn't mean to make anybody mad I just wanted others to get the joy I get. 

• When someone posts in a forum of any type anywhere a message of the type "When I see a topic in a forum, there first thing I look for...yada yada...& then I....yada yada...trash the thread... trash the thread...etc., they are obviously too thrilled with themselves to be taken seriously.  That would be an uninvited intrusion into their world of sooooo happy to be me.image
  • BTW, I agree that the first few posts on the Ashen Empires topic are apparently typical form letter comments on a new game.  However, if it has a grace period, I'm willing to check it out.  I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to gaming by any stretch.

Originally posted by Turkeybutt
    BTW, I agree that the first few posts on the Ashen Empires topic are apparently typical form letter comments on a new game.  However, if it has a grace period, I'm willing to check it out.  I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to gaming by any stretch.

I have to admit when I first started playing I was doing that because my son wanted to involve me in a game he loved.  But after I realized all the cool stuff  I could do I was HOOKED!
  • i dont see where all the arguement came from. honestly i dont lol

im kinda confused. and yes ive read back forms but it just seems like a whineing kid started trouble and what amazes me is why in the world anyone would even mind him.

• True Jasonos, very true.  The thread kind of migrated towards the subjects of age, trashing, egos....etc.  If all that can be said about the original subject has been said, then let it die a peacefull death.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/36614/setstart/1/loadclass/35
    The reactions to our posts were just so harsh.  I know alot of them are kids and don't realize how hurtful they can be but it was such an onslaught like they just wanted to get rid of us.
    We were honestly just trying to share something we love with people who enjoyed these types of games.  I can promise you I will never try to tell anybody about a new game here again because I didn't mean to make anybody mad I just wanted others to get the joy I get. 

DARN, FORGOT TO COPY MY POST! WELL GOT TO SHORT TERM IT

Yo man, I did seem kinda sispicious from the first 6 post, but there is like 4 memebers that are in the topic almost through the whole way. You can't just a whole community by just 4 memebers. We greet new members with open arms, but sometimes many new members don't comme here to chill with us....image     SO JUST CHILL MAN image image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Yo man, I did seem kinda sispicious from the first 6 post, but there is like 4 memebers that are in the topic almost through the whole way. You can't just a whole community by just 4 memebers. We greet new members with open arms, but sometimes many new members don't comme here to chill with us....image     SO JUST CHILL MAN image image

OK so you are saying we are not on a webpage about role playing games to talk about role playing games we are here to just "chill" with you?  I came to find people who enjoy spending time talking about interesting aspects of RPGs not to "chill" with you...

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Happy Easter Chorsery and welcome to MMORPG.com

You have joined at a difficult time in these forums because of an issue relating to a recent incident that I think is so yesterday now it doesnt even warrant mention, except to say that certain people joined this forum in order to promote disharmony. Since they joined  and immediately began posting their poisonus BS they were only identifiable as "who they were" by their low post count.

Sadly for you people with low post counts, especially those talking about a certain game have made it hard for genuine new members.

Nuff said really about that really, but again WELCOME.

MMORPG.com is all the positive things you described that you expected to find here. This is the best forum I have been a member of in my 15+ years of gaming and chatting on the net. Im sure if you stick around you will agree especially since the "incident" is now behind us.

Enjoy your time here and dont be discouraged, the members of this forum are some of the best folks in the gaming community! image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

OK so you are saying we are not on a webpage about role playing games to talk about role playing games we are here to just "chill" with you? I came to find people who enjoy spending time talking about interesting aspects of RPGs not to "chill" with you...

That's what I ment by "chill" with us MMORPG.com That's what we do. You do understand slang right? image

|

Originally posted by Razorback

Happy Easter Chorsery and welcome to MMORPG.com
    You have joined at a difficult time in these forums because of an issue relating to a recent incident that I think is so yesterday now it doesnt even warrant mention, except to say that certain people joined this forum in order to promote disharmony. Since they joined  and immediately began posting their poisonus BS they were only identifiable as "who they were" by their low post count.
    Sadly for you people with low post counts, especially those talking about a certain game have made it hard for genuine new members.
    Nuff said really about that really, but again WELCOME.
    MMORPG.com is all the positive things you described that you expected to find here. This is the best forum I have been a member of in my 15+ years of gaming and chatting on the net. Im sure if you stick around you will agree especially since the "incident" is now behind us.
    Enjoy your time here and dont be discouraged, the members of this forum are some of the best folks in the gaming community! image

It's not becuase of low post count. Same think would happen to me if I did somthing like that. Other than that, I agree with you.image

|

This discussion has been closed.