Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most intelligent MMO marketing ever...

choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

The new World of Tanks trailer is.... genius. 

What better way to get the game talked about than to incite a riot with zealot fanbois.  OMG 2 Funneh.

This trailer just raised my respect for these guys by +10,000.  xD

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
"The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Comments

• AoCrulesAoCrules Member Posts: 104

I already suggested they should make "Fuck the Carebear" campaign!

I can imagine what they would do large sub-base like 1mill. Probably some 6 faction full-scale non-stop war around the clock! Thats how wargaming does it! These guys from so opposite direction where normal devs come from.

Hater of hater of World of Tank. Latest wargame from wargaming.net.

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

Hehe, I remember the Global Agenda "No Elves" marketting scheme was similar.  

I thought it was pretty clever...  But the lack of groundbreaking number of subs proved that either A) there simply aren't as many people out there who are sick of fantasy-mmo templates as they(we) hoped,  B) There aren't that many MMOFPS enthusiasts as they/we hoped, C) The game just isn't "enough"

D) All of the above.

How do you think World of Tanks will fare?

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

Originally posted by mm0wiggins

I thought it was pretty clever...  But the lack of groundbreaking number of subs proved that either A) there simply aren't as many people out there who are sick of fantasy-mmo templates as they(we) hoped,  B) There aren't that many MMOFPS enthusiasts as they/we hoped, C) The game just isn't "enough"

D) All of the above.

Yeah, but what WoT offer is war, its really PURE PVP MMORPG (Well not really MMO but go figure.. ) I cant see its going to change in future either, wargaming is really best definition of PVP, so I wouldnt really compare this to Global Agenda.

Wargaming.net is old company. They've already released 6 game.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

This game's subs won't even put them on the radar of most game discussions, it just won't be big.

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by AoCrules

D) All of the above.

Yeah, but what WoT offer is war, its really PURE PVP MMORPG (Well not really MMO but go figure.. ) I cant see its going to change in future either, wargaming is really best definition of PVP, so I wouldnt really compare this to Global Agenda.

Yeah, I agree here.   Wargaming is a very well rounded definition of PVP because it offers competition on more levels than just itemization and gear/level ratio.   However, it also can be said that FPS is the ultimate definition of PVP because it comes down to player input and hand-eye-coordination and reaction. As well as Fighters, such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc.  

I suppose it comes down to knowing at what level the player wants to be competitive.   In any case, I would like to see more devs think out of the box like WoT.    

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

Originally posted by AoCrules

D) All of the above.

Yeah, I agree here.   Wargaming is a very well rounded definition of PVP because it offers competition on more levels than just itemization and gear/level ratio.   However, it also can be said that FPS is the ultimate definition of PVP because it comes down to player input and hand-eye-coordination and reaction. As well as Fighters, such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc.  

I suppose it comes down to knowing at what level the player wants to be competitive.   In any case, I would like to see more devs think out of the box like WoT.    

I wouldn't never connect wargaming and competitiveness, at least from my expericnes it isnt the case so I think thats FPS alley really. Wargaming is more like state of mind, you need to fight even outnumbered, Be polite when you're defeated, so its ideal for wargames.

Probably the reason we dont get another Planetside. Too many freaking whiners. And devs started to swing nerf-bat there already, spineless faggots.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

Haha, I didn't see it coming at all. They should spend as much time on making great looking videos that match the games they are emulating on the actual game :-p.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

Lets add, interesting to see how wargaming.net does it really. If they're really wargaming company, when they see whiny kids, they give them advice what you should do instead of thinking the next nerf move. That I foresee how its going to go anyway.

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

D) All of the above.

E) The game just isn't a MMO? I've seen more people in the same game in CoD2 servers :p

Anyways, i'll give it a try and see what it looks like :) (wait, just tell me if it's a MMO or there is like a 10vs10 limit and i won't even bother downloading it)

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

You realize they are biting off global agenda with this campaign.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• EllestarEllestar Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by ryuga81

Anyways, i'll give it a try and see what it looks like :) (wait, just tell me if it's a MMO or there is like a 10vs10 limit and i won't even bother downloading it)

It's 15 vs 15, and devs promised to increase it to 30 vs 30 on some maps.

Originally posted by ryuga81

D) All of the above.

E) The game just isn't a MMO? I've seen more people in the same game in CoD2 servers :p

Ive been playing all day and theres been 1000-1500 logged all the time. I dont know why people worry so much about MMO, if devs says its MMO theres somekind of payment system etc. Thats all. I dont call WoW RPG hell no, but that what its. Get a grip! WOW is massive multiplayer retard grind.