Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions

ajs08ajs08 Member Posts: 35

I was considering returning to SWG, but I had a couple quick questions regarding the quality and quantity of RP on the game. Note that I play on "Starsider".

First, how hard is it to find RP outside of Mos Eisley? From what I can recall, Mos Eisley serves the same purpose as Pocket D on CoH, or Goldshire on WoW. Which isn't a good thing.

Second, what's the current style of RP? Do people emote fight, duel, disregard levels, use levels, etc? Will you be taken seriously if you play one of the less attractive races, such as Rodians or Mon Calamari?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by ajs08

I was considering returning to SWG, but I had a couple quick questions regarding the quality and quantity of RP on the game. Note that I play on "Starsider".

First, how hard is it to find RP outside of Mos Eisley? From what I can recall, Mos Eisley serves the same purpose as Pocket D on CoH, or Goldshire on WoW. Which isn't a good thing.

Second, what's the current style of RP? Do people emote fight, duel, disregard levels, use levels, etc? Will you be taken seriously if you play one of the less attractive races, such as Rodians or Mon Calamari?

Thank you for your time.

While I don't RP, I know you're on the right server for it. Starsider is known for their RP. To answer your questions...Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Your choice of species will play a large part in your character though, as they take RP seriously on Starsider. You won't find many Imperial "aliens".

On Starsider, you should also have little trouble finding RPer in Eisely, but in all seriousness, you could also try heading to Restuss and looking for characters who either have no helmet or "look the part" (all stormtrooper armor/rebel armor).

• ajs08ajs08 Member Posts: 35

Thanks for the response.

One more question, though it's not an RP question (avoiding making another thread for no reason). How hard is the leveling, 1-90, currently? I was considering trying to re-roll.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Thanks for the response.

One more question, though it's not an RP question (avoiding making another thread for no reason). How hard is the leveling, 1-90, currently? I was considering trying to re-roll.

levelling is not hard. there is a long quest which will take you to level 40-50 and then from then on more quests which offer plenty of xp. you can ask around in game or the oboards for a walk-through if you find you need one. i suppose it could take you a week or two playing "normal" hours. just expect it to be a lonely journey. most players are level 90 so you'll be trotting the galaxy alone until you reach level 90. on the other hand you don't need to group until you reach level 80 or so to complete quests.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by Troneas

Thanks for the response.

levelling is not hard. there is a long quest which will take you to level 40-50 and then from then on more quests which offer plenty of xp. you can ask around in game or the oboards for a walk-through if you find you need one. i suppose it could take you a week or two playing "normal" hours. just expect it to be a lonely journey. most players are level 90 so you'll be trotting the galaxy alone until you reach level 90. on the other hand you don't need to group until you reach level 80 or so to complete quests.

There are in-game macros you can run to level AFK if you find the leveling a mind-numbing grind. It is probably a wise move to experience the leveling grind at least one time ATK  then resort to the AFK routine for alts.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

As I featured in my most recent Rodo Report < Starsider is the Only Server worth playing on SWG at this moment.

An imaginative Group of RPs that even extend to its entertainers.  Good luck on your return , and Tell them Their Jestor says Hello!.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan