Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft's pricing, what a joke...

DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

I was cruising through the Lineage II site tonight, just checking out what I had exactly purchased with the Collector's Edition version that I ordered Sunday night from amazon.com. I notice that there is a way to buy your key online instead of having to go out and buy a copy, so I cursed at myself for not seeing it sooner since I would like to start playing this game as soon as possible. I was curious to see the price they were charging for the lineage II key, and it was $49.99....LOL!!! WTF are they doing charging that much on the main NCSoft site, when the list cost of the hard copy of the game is only $20? I even managed to buy the collectors edition of Lineage II for $20. I don't know who would possibly spend $30 more just so they can get their key over the net and start playing sooner. I was going to post something about this on the main forums...but alas, you must have a lineage II account to post.

---------------------------------------------
Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

Comments

• BumLifeBumLife Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Desalus

I was cruising through the Lineage II site tonight, just checking out what I had exactly purchased with the Collector's Edition version that I ordered Sunday night from amazon.com. I notice that there is a way to buy your key online instead of having to go out and buy a copy, so I cursed at myself for not seeing it sooner since I would like to start playing this game as soon as possible. I was curious to see the price they were charging for the lineage II key, and it was $49.99....LOL!!! WTF are they doing charging that much on the main NCSoft site, when the list cost of the hard copy of the game is only $20? I even managed to buy the collectors edition of Lineage II for $20. I don't know who would possibly spend $30 more just so they can get their key over the net and start playing sooner. I was going to post something about this on the main forums...but alas, you must have a lineage II account to post.

Desalus if you'd gave it more thought, I'm sure you would have come up with an answer yourself.

You think the Lineage2 guys have not noticed this?

It's all about marketing man.  The CD keys being sold right off Lineage2.com are at a "set price" because of business deals etc.

However, the games being sold in the "stores" you were looking at needed to empty their inventory(company inventory or just that specific store) so they lowered the price to $20.  I also saw a few stores with $20 DVD collector's edition as well.  However Lineage2.com cannot freely lower their cd key prices like certain retail stores because of certain agreements and laws.

so yeah NCSoft Pricing... not a joke... they can't help it... a deal's a deal.

• SeanRPSeanRP Member Posts: 106

Yea ive noticed that too. I just bought the collecters edition for 20. Right next to it was the new color box with the human knight on it, and it was listed at almost 50. Same game, diffrent box = 30$

Oh well lol.

I think it might be because it only has chronical 1 on the disk that i bought, but hell, ill download for an hour ir to save myself 30 bucks.

• VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893
    Actually the DvD colelctor's are on discount, but the $20 is suggested retail for normal. They price it this way for convenience, but they keep the price higher so they do not compete with the retailers they are supplying directly.