Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's my gear ??

MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I started playing this in beta ... and pre-ordered it. I loved the casual jump in and play ... level a bit while doing it for more weapons/gear.

I had many fun nights with friends, but the lack of content made me go play other games.

Now, a few months later ... i log in to check the new content and find all my gear is gone from my characters .... I learn i have to grind for them and the nice addition of the 15-point strategy is also gone.

I almost feel like they pulled an NGE on me ... i'm pretty dissapointed ... i don't want  another loot grinder :S

Tell me, i'm i overreacting? Is the impact less then i feel it is?

An unhappy level 42 robotics fan with no gear .....

Comments

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

You have to buy each weapon now. When the gear changes came in, everyone got an amount of credits depending on their level (I think it was 1000). You should also have gotten some new armour upgrades depending on what you had before. If you had full purples, then youll have full purples.

Head to your class shop in the market sector and buy what you need. You also get weapons and devices as pve and pvp drops and after level 30 can buy them using tokens earned through missions. You should have gotten some tokens for free as well.

You can mod everything now, not just your armour so you can put the old offensive stats directly onto each weapon/device.

The 'grind' comes from playing the game normally, and in the new open zone you get plenty of upgraded items as quest rewards.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

They've just started testing the open zones with have missions/quests that give rewards.  The zone on test is only for lvl5-15 but gives plenty of gear as rewards (you get a full set of green armor by the time you finish all the quests) so i'm thinking the higher level zones will have better gear.

The game is changing but its going to be less geidy not more when its finished.

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Originally posted by MarlonB

I almost feel like they pulled an NGE on me ... i'm pretty dissapointed ... i don't want  another loot grinder :S

Tell me, i'm i overreacting? Is the impact less then i feel it is? 

I don't think you are overreacting, and I still feel the same way. I feel like the whole balance the game previously had is off.

Pre-Sandstorm phase 1. I had no problem telling people about how much of a fun, well balanced game it was. I honestly could not shut up about this game to friends and co-workers. Post patch the game just doesn't feel the same as it did. I am not a fan of token grinding, Why couldn't they just add more weapons and devices post lvl 30? The PvE was fun, I played it for xp and crafting loot, I pvp'd for cash and fun.

I am happy they made the decision to change their subscription model because I would not have subbed to the game in it's current state. Now at this point yes I have a love/hate relationship with the game, but I am not totally gonna write it off just yet I  need to see the full release of Sandstorm before I can make a more honest judgement on where I stand with this game.

Current Games: