Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Ready...

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Two new big games are coming out in about a month, which im sure most of you know. Guild Wars and Dark and Light, which one will you be playing first, if any? Im thinking of trying them both, GW is free so why not?

Comments

• CervethCerveth Member Posts: 97

I've tried guild wars on it's free beta weekends many times, and I'm not impressed with it's style of gameplay.

DnL sounds like it could be good. But I'm seeing another Horizons in it's wake.

• BilasBilas Member Posts: 78

I like the sound of both of these games.  I tried GW a while back and thought it was good and had potential.  I have been following D&L for a while now and love the sounds of this game.  I love PvP and this game seems like PvP will actually mean something.  Playing WoW now and PvP is not what I expected.  I really like WoW but am starting to get a little bored.  So all in all I am looking forward to both of these games but D&L a little more.

Bilas

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?"

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

DNL is not coming out next month. It could be delayed as far as Q4 2005

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149
    GUILD WARS IS NOT FREE!!!!!!!!!

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• BilasBilas Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by sdoughty

Uhh ok calm down.... GW will cost about 50 US dollars but it is free to play in that there is no monthly fee. 

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?"

• CervethCerveth Member Posts: 97

Right, I understand it will have downloadable expansions, and unlockable areas that you need to pay for. Similar to EQ2's Chronicles. That's a given, and everyone knows so.

I actually can't wait for guild wars. My thoughts of it outselling WoW are not realistic to some of you but you just wait.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Originally posted by sdoughty

How annal can you possibly be?

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Well ill be getting guildwars for sure seeing as it will actually be coming out next month DnL is a long way away if you ask me. I have some interest in DnL but its too far away for me to know for sure if ill be getting it or not who knows they might cancel it mid beta ala wish cause it seems like a similiar game in scope with a huge single world diverse ongoing story high realism and detail in crafting etc etc. These are all desireable traits in a game but the scope is so large its hard to implement all that stuff effectively. The scope of guildwars is complete opposite its just straight up action done right and thats the appeal cant wait for guildwars.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

Games without a persistant world are not as much fun for me. Not sure if I will try Dark & Light or not, but I am even less likely to try Guild Wars (although the graphics do look nice and everything).

image image

• EvleprechaunEvleprechaun Member Posts: 14

Heh. Personally, I've never even heard of the second one! MWA HA HAH! So I have to say Guild Wars given the information presented to me.

Go ahead. FLAME AWAY!

imageimageimage