Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would even buy something in the CStore now?

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I don't understand how anyone could possibly buy things in the Cstore now that STO has made this much hate for it.  I mean really, are you going to be looked on as cool passing space with a cool ship or item from CStore now?  Most people probably are going to think, what a chump, sucker, or even worse, they might harrass you for it now.

Comments

• david13edavid13e Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by fistorm

I don't understand how anyone could possibly buy things in the Cstore now that STO has made this much hate for it.  I mean really, are you going to be looked on as cool passing space with a cool ship or item from CStore now?  Most people probably are going to think, what a chump, sucker, or even worse, they might harrass you for it now.

I will play devil's advocate for ya.  Why would anyone have bought anything in the C Store in the first place?  One has already paid for the box, and a monthly sub.  Buying stuff in a "content light" game is odd in my opinion anyway.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I would not.  I keep seing them push the cstore,  I get emails from the all the time, new in the cstore. 

However I will quote P.T. Barnem on this one "There is a sucker born every minute"  So in saying that somebody must be buying this horse hocky, otherwise they weroul not keep sending me emails about it.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by david13e

I will play devil's advocate for ya.  Why would anyone have bought anything in the C Store in the first place?  One has already paid for the box, and a monthly sub.  Buying stuff in a "content light" game is odd in my opinion anyway.

Both are excellant questions and as shown answer themselves. I would ask, why buy a lifetime sub to any game let alone  for a game not even released? I think people listen to their hearts instead of their heads. Its Star Trek so its gotta be good right?  It defies description for me unless you just write it off as blind faith from blind fanboys.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

Originally posted by Philby

I would ask, why buy a lifetime sub to any game let alone  for a game not even released?

Lol, how could I even comment on this?  I agree with you 100%

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Exactly, that's one of the reasons why I hate cash shops in MMOs

Why people need to buy virtual stuff from a shop when they can get it for free by (God forbid)....................playing it?

I would ask, why buy a lifetime sub to any game let alone  for a game not even released?

Wait a minute Philby, I got it, what your saying is..." Hope springs eternal in the human breast"  - Alexander Pope

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

There's generally nothing wrong with getting a lifetime subscription, after a game has launched and you have tried it. The only problem stems in purchasing a lifetime subscription before the game launches, especially if that is the only time you can get it (or it is worded to sound that way); that is when you need to be wary of them.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan