Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is returning because of the merge ?

2»

Comments

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Why would anybody go play a MMO where the company behind it has put it on a tiny skeleton crew of a dev team to maintain it and is doing little in the way to improve and evolve  the game for its playerbase. The players of Vanguard are just being strung along by SOE, the game is going nowhere but shutdown in SOE's little black book!  The game world not that good either, go walk around Darkfall hands crafted seamless world, it makes VG's generic auto terrain generated one look soulless and dull.  The Ships in Darkfall make VG's look dull and boring too, even the PVE better in Darkfall and is far more exciting to play than auto target whack a mole UI of Vaguard and just about every other MMO.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

While I dont hate SOE like most of these folks around here.  It is totaly clear that SOE has no interest in keeping this game going. It is on life support at best. 

Nobody is going to buy this game out from SOE, so unless some of these players who keep moaning and growning get some funding to take it over,  it needs to go ahead and die.

It is never going to make money, it is never going to have a dev staff that cares.  

Im like why bother,  and yes;  I had a few hundred bucks tied up in this one as well for mine and the wifes account, but we both let it go a long time ago.   You eventually learn to cut your losses and run.

I hate it for the folks who totaly love the game, but they should use some common sence and realize it is time, this game is going where the matrix went.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

well i dont know if this game is going to be like MXO or not, which is sad

but they better not do it within this 2 years, hahah =P

it's hard for me to hate SOE at the moment, because i never played SOE MMO, so even though i know their history, i just couldnt hate them if i never personally felt it ( probably i will after i play VG, but not now )

anyway what's the active player base in VG now? is it even more than 10k? because with the coming soon server merge, SOE is cutting their cost of running 4 server into just 2 ( or are they merging 4 into 1 ? )

say if they have 10k active player sub, more or less 5k on each, and to be honest that isnt a bad number for a 2 server MMO subs ( or at least should cover it )

im very interested to play in Sartok server ( mainly for the FFA PVP ) but is the FFA PVP there broken? ( broken as in, everyone kills anyone at 1st sight, heavy grief, camp that sorta things ), or are we looking at a Mature FFA PVP there?

anyone from Sartok can confirm this? thanks

So What Now?

Originally posted by TweFoju

well i dont know if this game is going to be like MXO or not, which is sad

but they better not do it within this 2 years, hahah =P

it's hard for me to hate SOE at the moment, because i never played SOE MMO, so even though i know their history, i just couldnt hate them if i never personally felt it ( probably i will after i play VG, but not now )

anyway what's the active player base in VG now? is it even more than 10k? because with the coming soon server merge, SOE is cutting their cost of running 4 server into just 2 ( or are they merging 4 into 1 ? )

say if they have 10k active player sub, more or less 5k on each, and to be honest that isnt a bad number for a 2 server MMO subs ( or at least should cover it )

im very interested to play in Sartok server ( mainly for the FFA PVP ) but is the FFA PVP there broken? ( broken as in, everyone kills anyone at 1st sight, heavy grief, camp that sorta things ), or are we looking at a Mature FFA PVP there?

anyone from Sartok can confirm this? thanks

You are way late to the game.  They are rolling 4 servers into one.  5K folks not even. Possibly aruond 2 thousand tops total.

I would post the email about the serer merges but it has long since been deteted from my in box.  I cant remember what the final servre name is going to be.   However the pvp server is going away. There will be no pvp server.  Just a regular content server.

Oh and the way pvp used to work after level 6 you could kill anybody. Did not matter race, guild or what not. And the camping used to be bad you would have the high levles just waiting like at the horse track for the noobs to show up.  Lots of griefing.

• etwynnetwynn Member Posts: 219

Well I wish you folks good luck over in vangaurd.  You do know soe let go several folks including 2 devs that were working on the vangaurd project.  That only leaves you guys one dev and a handfull of cs staff.

I am actually worried now about eq2 we lost 2 devs ourselves.  

There is not a list other than what we saw posted on eq2flames but we know that both eq2 and vangaurd were targeted.

It does not bode well for either game to be loosing devs that have been working on either project for years on end.

Originally posted by etwynn

I returned! The server is actually very active and older players are very willing to help.

The last time i played you could go hours without seing anybody.   So how many folks are running into?  How many do you recon are playing.  I was just wondering?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

no, because it feels like soon they will have no servers

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• popsicledeathpopsicledeath Member Posts: 108

Probabl ya repeat comment, but for your data to be accurate you'll have to take into account the other 248k people who bought the game originally, and won't be anywhere near this forum to cast their vote.  Because honestly, that makes like 99% of people ever who won't be returning because of the merger.

According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

• glim3merglim3mer Member UncommonPosts: 154

Now is the best time to return to the game, no doubt!!

Some people say, "whats the point?". Since the cold reality is that the game isn't going to get any better without SOE giving it some attention, which is most likely not going to happen.

But here is the other side of that coin.

The game is extremely playable now, lag/crashes are all but gone, there is very few lag mini-spikes I would call them, where you notice a tiny delay from time to time. Thats it!!! Its nothing like it use to be. The game is "polished" if you compare it to what it was... thats the only word that can describe it now!

And since the game is extremely playable, guess what, you can now enjoy all the awesome features most other mmo's and triple A titles, like WAR, WOW, LOTR, etc... dont have. You can now enjoy player houses, craftable boats and sailing and a good crafting system, amongst all the other features and the basic stuff of course.

The upside to all this, is because there is only one server, guess what!!! We can almost say its like EVE lol, we have one server and now its literaly populated. Last time I check pop was high. It goes down to medium, but Ive never seen it low since the merger.

So you got the players, you got people to team with and do group content, you can now enjoy player houses and boats amongst all the other features. Since you have all this, I say, what else do you want? Expansion? Why? The world is huge, there is endless things you can do. Once you reach level cap and do all the raids and discover all the places, only then can you say, this is a problem, but for a fresh player coming in, THERE IS NO PROBLEM! The game doesnt need a future to be enjoyed! 

Like I said, chances are this game wont receive any attention from SOE and be left like this, with just bug fixes being down occassionaly. But that doesnt stop anyone coming in to enjoy the game and take full advantage of what already exists, which is massive. I've played WoW for many years, guess what, the expansions are all boring. The game has become more instanced then most mmos out there now and its only getting worse. Why not enjoy an open world like Telon, even if its only going to last a while longer. The population is there NOW, its perfect time for anyone to come in, and by doing so, its only going to get better.

People just need to stop looking at the drama behind Vanguard and get on the game, because the game is fun NOW, regardless of where or what happens to it in 1 year or 2.

Come enjoy telon!