Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currahee - A FFXIV with active FFXI players!

sidionsidion Member Posts: 33

Guild: Currahee

Style: Casual to Hardcore

Timezones: NA, EU and Oceanic!

Ages: No age restrictions (maturity is more important)

Admins: Evicerator, Grimix, Richard, Nanashi and Azrael

Ventrilo: We have a Vent server for your enjoyment!

Recruitment: NA is currently closed until later but we are currently looking for more EU and Oceanic players

Our website!

http://www.currahee-ls.com/forums/index.php?

Our FFXIVCore thead!

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/2803-currahee/?s=0f975b8175d180e0a946fc0ea5426b94

Our Mission Statement:

Welcome to Currahee brave adventurer!

Currahee is a Final Fantasy XIV Linkshell (if that is what they're called in FFXIV, we'll be changing things around as more info is released.) on the *********** server. Currahee represents the ideals that the individual is collectively as important as the group. These ideals are represented by fairness and equality being extended to all of our members, new or old. We are a mature linkshell interested in mature member recruitment.

Ultimately we would like to create a linkshell that offers a home to the hardcore player as well as the laid back casual player. We are striving to develop an order through which all players can be united under a single shell for the same cause: Fun. Ideally we will be more focused on advancement through FFXIV's many facets with end game in sight. Currahee will accomplish this through strategy, dedication, and hard work as we strive towards excellence through practice and patience. Attendance at events is not mandatory. Events will be scheduled using sign ups. If you sign up for an event you are EXPECTED to be at that event. Being late or missing an event that you sign up for will result in the loss of DKP points. If you are unsure about signing up, we have special sign ups for that event.

In Currahee you will find an linkshell that seeks to maintain all of our members' vested interests while establishing a standard of excellence in what we do. The premise behind Currahee is simply democracy. The leadership of Currahee is only meant to structure the LS and give it stability. The rest of the LS is decided by its members through majority decisions. Events are scheduled based on demand and will not be made mandatory by using sign ups for Event scheduling and planning.

Item distribution will also be handled in the fairest manner possible based upon a "DKP" philosophy. More on this system will be expounded upon as FFXIV's launch nears and as we establish and maintain the system. The premise of this system is members accruing half-hourly points to be used to bid on items in a secret auction fashion before an event starts where players will bid however many points they wish to bid on an item in order to win lotting rights on it. After an item drops, the highest bidder will win the item and lose his points bid.There will be minimum bids established at some point later on based upon item rarity and value.

We at Currahee wish to create a meaningful and drama-free presence in the community and as such do not participate in dramatic matters. If something of this manner were to come up within the shell, then appropriate and swift measures will be taken to deal with it. We do not promote bickering within the linkshell over anything. As members of Currahee we should all be representative of the fundamentals of the individual being as important as the collective. There is no room for greed and jealousy. Hard work and dedication are rewarded fairly and equally so there is no reason to not be either of those two things when in this linkshell

Above all Currahee was founded on the principle that an end game linkshell can be productive, rewarding and fun while not feeling like a second job/marriage.

With all of that said, I invite you to check Currahee out and see for yourself.

Comments

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

oh just out of the curiousity, where's E, Grimx and the rest of the gangs? rarely seen them on Core now :D

So What Now?

• sidionsidion Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by TweFoju

oh just out of the curiousity, where's E, Grimx and the rest of the gangs? rarely seen them on Core now :D

They're primarily involved in Currahee now. Most of us hang out in the shoutbox or the forums. For the most part Grim, Kai, etc still post on Core but far less frequently. You should pop in and chat in the shoutbox!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

yeah, will do! im not as active as used to on the Core anymore, lots of work these past few months

anyway goodluck with the recruitment here Curra!

So What Now?

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189

I swear I'm not trying to flame or troll.  Just offering constructive criticism.

I think it makes your guild look bad that you are more worried about what country someone is from as opposed to how cool the individual might be.  I say this because I see you closed NA recruitment.  It just seems like you could be losing out on a lot of cool people because you are more concerned about where they are from instead of who they are as individuals.

Well, just my 2 cents but feel free to do whatever you want.  I just thought you may want to know what a lot of people are probably thinking but just not saying.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

• ErhunErhun Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by KupoKupopo

I swear I'm not trying to flame or troll.  Just offering constructive criticism.

I think it makes your guild look bad that you are more worried about what country someone is from as opposed to how cool the individual might be.  I say this because I see you closed NA recruitment.  It just seems like you could be losing out on a lot of cool people because you are more concerned about where they are from instead of who they are as individuals.

Well, just my 2 cents but feel free to do whatever you want.  I just thought you may want to know what a lot of people are probably thinking but just not saying.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

I was thinking the same thing.

• silicosilico Member Posts: 3

Just a case NA is  nearing full as such, to help cater for all nothing is final  and your more then welcome to still put an app in so it can be taken into consideration as currently with game nearing release you can never tell what spaces become available and  all are more then welcome to join us in shoutbox ect. EU numbers are increasing and we would like to still be activly recruiting for this side of the linkshell.

• JarinJarin Member UncommonPosts: 49

Hahahaha.  Complete losers. Hahahaha.

• silicosilico Member Posts: 3

If ive said anything to provoke such a weird response, just to clarify.  i was only saying nothing is essentialy closed and everyone has a chance this is a fair world most of us try to live in and with the game not even out we are still activly recruiting and trying to make the numbers as best as possible, na apps are still coming in and being accepted where possibe and needed.