Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level grinding hell = EQ2

YawnsYawns Member Posts: 12

Just like EQ1 SOE is trying to keep players by making leveling such pain in the ass and ofcourse there is enough of players that are going to waste hours after hours to level. Once they have wasted enough of hours it will become hard to quit even if they didnt like the game as they will feel like they invested so many hours to game, so they will continue waste even more and are sort of 'hooked' to the game. image

My advice to all of you: Quit while you still can.

Comments

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

ya, grind is so bad, thats why im level 33 and still havent felt it

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Hooray another idiot. I just went from 60% at lvl 26 to 70%at lvl 27 in under three hours the other day. If you don't like the "grind" go play something else.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

To be honest, Everquest 2 grinding is one of the better systems I have seen

I set up shop over night to sell my wares and then hunt with a double XP bonus for a level and a half.

For example...I started a new character last week. I am level 20 right now with casual play.

Maybe you're not taking advantage of the vitality XP bonus?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• klapdoorklapdoor Member UncommonPosts: 87

If you are grinding in this game, you are definitely playing the game in the wrong way. There is absolutely no need to. If you want to know what grinding is go play Lineage 2. For me, it happens that I want to get the last 20% of a level in a quick way. That is the only situation where I might choose a spot and go kill whatever is in sight for a few hours, and that's something I don't even want to call grinding. Doing quests is still by far my main source of xp income. I would even go as far as to say that leveling is to easy.

But I would suggest to you to go play the game (something tells me you haven't played it at all) and find out for yourselve.

• sifasifa Member Posts: 115
    My 4 day old shamen is already lv 15 and i dont play more than 3 hours a day. If you xp while questing and make use of the bonus xp from vitality, you can level up pretty fast. Due to my play style (group oriented) I find it easier and faster to level up in eq2 than i did in WoW.
  • HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

So what lvl did you get to Yawns, what class/race did you play ?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

*bangs his head on his desk*

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• AilleursAilleurs Member Posts: 21
    I find any level grind boring as hell, regardless of the game. But, if all you want to do is level to max, then can I suggest a single player console game? If you haven't noticed, the game is called EverQUEST. In EQ2, I'm level 21; 15 of those levels achieved while questing. I target the mobs which I need (and any others in my way) in which to fulfill a quest. Gaining levels in the process is just a welcome byproduct. If you play JUST to level up, you're easily passing up 9/10 of the gaming experience.

Originally posted by Fadeus
    *bangs his head on his desk*

lmao

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

"The troll is strong in you, young aprrentice. "

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

*EDIT*

post deleted, im deletin my reply

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I don't think this thread will get any more constructive

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

This discussion has been closed.