Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Escape!! How ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Suppose your ship is caught by webbifier and warp scrambler.

Is there any way to escape ? What should you fit on the ship to be uncatchable ( except the obvious stealth modules)

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Suppose your ship is caught by webbifier and warp scrambler.

Is there any way to escape ? What should you fit on the ship to be uncatchable ( except the obvious stealth modules)

yes: destroy the ship that has you locked down. That generally resolves the issue.

Otherwise, stealth modules do not make you uncatchable. Unless you are flying a covops ship specifically, they can be a hinderance and a waste of a high slot. Also, once you get within a certain proximity of an object in space (ship, cargo container, etc), your stealth deactivates. You can't jump through a gate stealthed as well, so there is going to be a moment that you are visible before you activate the module on the other side. You can't warp stealthed (unless using a covops cloak) so again, you will be visible for a moment which is all some people need.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

1) Kill the fucker!!!!

2) Neut the bastard, No cap, no scram

3) ECM, Cant scram if you have no lock

4) Fit warp core stabalizers. they reduce your targetting range but they are good if ur just traveling.

5) Dont get fucking scramed!!!!!!!!!

Edit: One more!

If you fit a AB instead of a MWD. try to scram/Web him back and hopefully you can get enough distance to spamm that warp to button and gtfo before his friends arive or he kills u.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

if you can fit 3 warp stabilisers and a couple of inertials.. that should make it a bit easier to escape.. though wouldnt do much for your ability to fight..

• ptifouptifou Member UncommonPosts: 31

If you rly wanna fit anything, Warp core Stabilizers (WCS) :

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Ship_Equipment:Propulsion_:Propulsion_Upgrades:Warp_Core_Stabilizers

U can get hints but it depends on the situation : are u talking of 1v1, gatecamp evasion... ?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Yes , I am asking this for purpose of out fitting my industrial hauler : Wreathe ( for starters )

I just wonder if there is a way to fit it so its very very hard to lock it, slow it down. ( Also way to break hold would be good)

No interest in fight. Just protecting the cargo....

p.s:

Is there a way to destroy the cargo , so the pirates dont get nothing ? (that would be neat :D)

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Yes , I am asking this for purpose of out fitting my industrial hauler : Wreathe ( for starters )

I just wonder if there is a way to fit it so its very very hard to lock it, slow it down. ( Also way to break hold would be good)

No interest in fight. Just protecting the cargo....

p.s:

Is there a way to destroy the cargo , so the pirates dont get nothing ? (that would be neat :D)

can't speak the hauling other then fitting modules that others posted.

No, you cannot manually blow up your cargo, though there is a chance some of it will destroy with your ship. I had a buddy hauling about half a billion ISK worth of cargo. He got caught and lost it all. After reviewing the kill mail, it looks like less then only a couple million ISK worth of cargo was recoverable....Still, I think the lessons he learned were worth the loss :P

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Bahh, I assumed you needed combat advice.

Sorry my experience is limited when it comes to hauling/blockade running.

After two years i still havent experienced even half of the mechanics in game fully lol.

oh well atleast you got some combat advice just in case :)

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Bahh, I assumed you needed combat advice.

Sorry my experience is limited when it comes to hauling/blockade running.

After two years i still havent experienced even half of the mechanics in game fully lol.

oh well atleast you got some combat advice just in case :)

Actually all were good advices. I guess that with warp core stabilisers. All you need is being faster and dont get in range of sramblers. And perhaps ECM to break the lock ?

Also. Webbing him and just trying to outrun him with Afterburners. That might work too if you have lot of armor and are very fast ...

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Good suggestions above but:

They won't help you so much against suicide attacks in highec and you'll be a sitting duck in lowsec anyway. Only if you get tackled in lowsec, w-space or 0.0 and and you have a timeframe to break a lock and head to the gate before the dps arrives those measure can help you.

Suicide ganks rely on a very high alpha damage which you can't do much about in an industrial ship and any gatecamp and the smallest blob will easily pop you outside of highsec.

It's all about preventing to be ganked or atleast, keeping the chance that it happens as low as possible.

- Stay in highsec and use the 'choose safer routes" of your autopilot settings, unless you have a scout alt and can check if the route ahead is safe (also use your maps options to display ships and pods killed in systems to avoid dangerous systems).

- A large buffer tank is much better than an active tank against suicide gankers (no time for repping anyway)

- Keep the value of your cargo reasonably low (people are known to suicide easy targets for cargo's worth around 50 million and more).

- Low volume, high value hauls are better done in tanked combat ships, cloaked ships, very fast ships or if the volume is high: freighters. Normal t1 Industrials are easy pickings.

- Disguise your valuables; I've read that putting a can with a shitload of different random trash items will show up first when they scan your ship; they will have to scroll down to get to the juicy stuff which might mean that you can jump in time.

- Use a microwarpdrive to jump faster with slow ships; after jumping, activate warp to next gate, plink MWD and plink it off again; when the cycle is over you will warp right away (this WILL work great allong with enough warp core stabilizers but still leaves them time enough to pop you)

- Use a cloaking device (also usable with the mwd trick above: jump, align to next gate, hit cloak, hit mwd (only possible within a few seconds), as soon as the mwd cycle is over it will stop running due to being cloaked, release cloak, hit warp)

- Never actually activate autopilot, only use it to plan your route and manually jump to gates directly

- Outside highsec: Use the 1 minute of cloaked time after jumping to your advantage; wait till it finishes before burning back to a gate if you need to so you won't have issues with the session timer, but that will be more helpful with much faster ships)

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

If you're in a hauler, just don't get caught in the first place. Let a corpmate scout you.
    I've popped macrohaulers in lowsec by the dozens. You can't escape a well fitted ship because it will chew through your ehp while you try to get in warp. You're paper thin, so just rely on others to scout ahead.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Don't forget about gate mechanics too : ) (I assume you're talking about low-sec)

Anything smaller than a BC can't tank gate guns so unless it's a camp or a large ship you may be safer than you think. Having bookmarks in the area can help too. Align to closest object you can find while you're cloaked (the one that will allow you to align the fastest), then bounce between two safes. Don't fit any tank modes that will increase you're sig or slow you're align time.

EDIT: If it's a camp or large ship (as Dark Pony said) burning back for the gate may be your best bet. If you're fit for speed not cargo and have a MWD, you will probably make it. Of course what happens on the other side is any ones guess : ) Just remember, if they aggro you they can't jump through.

Originally posted by qazyman
    Align to closest object you can find while you're cloaked (the one that will allow you to align the fastest)

You can safely ignore that advice. Eve doesn't work like that.
    If you've jumped through a gate, you won't have a motion vector and will align to any direction in the same time.

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Originally posted by qazyman

Align to closest object you can find while you're cloaked (the one that will allow you to align the fastest)

You can safely ignore that advice. Eve doesn't work like that.

If you've jumped through a gate, you won't have a motion vector and will align to any direction in the same time.

So it there is a planet strait ahead and the sun is behind you, when you break cloak you will not turn all the way around before you warp, if you choose the sun. I don't think that's the case.

There is not "ahead" or "behind" if you don't even have a vector at all. The client simply can't render this, since the 3d model has to be placed somehow, so it just renders the model in a random orientation, and then adjusts the orientation of the model to reflect the vector.

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

QFT, but the "random direction" is actually always the same.

[Immersion Breaker]

Open the mini-map (F11) and check the orientation of stations and stargates. They all point the same direction!

//insert sig here

LOL I guess that means I don't have to spend half that minute looking for the fastest thing I can warp to now.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by batolemaeus

There is not "ahead" or "behind" if you don't even have a vector at all. The client simply can't render this, since the 3d model has to be placed somehow, so it just renders the model in a random orientation, and then adjusts the orientation of the model to reflect the vector.

Confirming this.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• SpliffsanSpliffsan Member Posts: 34

fly a tengu with infinate warp stability and simply fly away, simple.

Now to get the 1 billion isk to buy a tengu... hmmmmm?

WTF podded again?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Spliffsan

fly a tengu with infinate warp stability and simply fly away, simple.

Now to get the 1 billion isk to buy a tengu... hmmmmm?

Bad news about that "infinite warp stability" - it only works vs bubbles. A plain ordinary 1-point warp disruptor will hold you just fine.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

self destruct produces no loot destroys ALL cargo

but you have to survive the 2 minute coundown

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

Niceee

Is this a command all ships get? Or is it a special module ?

Also are you denied insurance after doing self destruct ?

Is there a way to stop self destruct, if you managed to escape ?

btw - surviving 2 minutes might be tricky. Because pirates first destroy the ship , and ask for ransom later. So you can not stall them by negotiating...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

Niceee

Is this a command all ships get? Or is it a special module ?

Every ship gets it, you can even self-destruct your Pod if you like.

Also are you denied insurance after doing self destruct ?

No, I believe you still get it.

Is there a way to stop self destruct, if you managed to escape ?

Yes, you can stop it once you start the timer.

btw - surviving 2 minutes might be tricky. Because pirates first destroy the ship , and ask for ransom later. So you can not stall them by negotiating...

Normally only a heavily tanked combat ship can survive the 2 minute timer, so its a tactic more likely used by a  mission runner in a Drake than a pilot flying an industrial.

I recall doing it once in a Raven when I got caught by an interceptor gang that was slowly chewing me apart.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon