Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vehicles have arrived on Planet Calypso!

AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

2 Models of vehicles are now available. onde appears to be a 2 seat "sand rail" type car. The other is more HMMV (Humvee) in appearance.

Both feature storage compartments and  heavy weapon mounts.

Colors are customizable using the existing coloring system.  :)

Alpha AG Geek
Founder- Manticore Society

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

How much does it cost to repair them? How quickly do they wear down?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

No data yet, they're still handing them out and I haven't got one yet.

Alpha AG Geek

Grunty, apparently the vehicles distributed so far were all of the Valkyre type, think of a 2 seat sand rail with armor and a heavy weapon mount.  The Valkyres distrubuted were (L) and at full TT, which is 17 PED.

Early reports seem to indicate that TT reducing damage is only taken in mob attacks and perhaps under PvP fire.

The vehicles do run off oil. As soon as I have some cost per operation stats I'll follow up with them.

Kids, it's gonna be a Mad Max adventure come next land grab!

Alpha AG Geek

Initial fuel economy reports on the Valkyre MkI are coming in at  .17PED oil per 10 km, so call it  59 km per PED.

Alpha AG Geek

The Valkyre MkI is indeed a "sand rail" type vechicle. It has 2 crew positions, a driver and a weapons operator.

As of this post, no heavy weapons had been discovered, so the weapons operator is currently a passenger.

Man-portable weapons cannot be used while onboard the vehicle.

Fuel economy in the last post is confirmed.

The Valkyre Mk I has 3 fields that can have custom color or texture applied. These are:

The body panels and fenders

The wheel covers and body accent stripe

The drivers seat.

The full TT value of the car is 17 PED.

The Valk MkI has 300 Structural Integrity points.

Structural Integrity can be repaired on these (L) cars.

TT Value is diminished by mob damage or PvP attack in PvP areas. TT value cannot be repaired on (L) vehicles.

Valkyrie Mk I

Alpha AG Geek

Update:

In addition to the free and crafted Valkyrie Mk Is, a crafted vehicle, the HumVee-like Saehrimnir Mk1 model has appeared on planet.

Heavy weapons have appeared in game and are geared towards PvP combat. These take the form of a BLP cannon, A BLP rotary barreled machine gun, and a explosive projectile rocket launcher.

Personally, I'm waiting on a vehicle mounted grenade launcher to appear. :)

Category5 TV recently took a ride with Jot, a colonist on Planet Calypso. Here's the youtube of it.

Here's the video

Alpha AG Geek

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Better apply for my second mortgage so I can play.

Originally posted by nyxium

Better apply for my second mortgage so I can play.

...or perhaps to learn to discipline your in-game spending to match your RL gaming budget. The RCE environment of Entropia Universe or other RCE games is not the best environment for impulse buyers or sub-par financial planners.

Alpha AG Geek

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

About time, I remember them being mentioned as far back as 2005? (Though I didn't create my account till Jan '07 and play till Feb '07)

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Nytewolf, I do recall one of the early promotion videos incorporating some vehicles, air / spacecraft though.

Here's a copy of the one I'm thinking of, but I'm pretty sure it's from a couple of years earlier than the youtube posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlI5Js-vjc

I hope these are brought into game. Flying air support for a Society would be pretty frakkin' cool!!

AG

Alpha AG Geek

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I'm new to game: is oil looted or crafted? if so what ingredients make oil?

Crude oil is mined with enmatter mining gear. It can also be found in loot from some robots, such as the "Attacker" series. Refined oil (what the vehicles run on) is made from crude oil with a handheld refiner available at the trade terminal. No additional components are required for fuel.

Alpha AG Geek

• EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

With the latest VU we got 2 new vehicles. They look the same as the old ones, but the specs are a bit better.

the old:

the new:
  • TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65

How does PED value and Structural damage relate? You can repair the structure a limited number of times as the PED value declines?

Thanks!

To be honest I don't know yet. I do know that the structural integety can be repaired on (L) vehicles, but I don't think that raises the PED value.

On the (L)  vehicles, TT slowly declines with damage regardless of repair to structural points.

The HMMV-like vehicle is patterned on the BAE RG32, a  vehicle which performs many of the same tactical duties as it's American built cousin:

Here are some pics of the RL version:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=rg32&wrapid=tlif12834800689362&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=ClqATOqqN4H_8AaAxN2QAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDAQsAQwAw

Alpha AG Geek

This just in:

Mk III vehicle blueprints have apparently begun to drop!  No additional details right now, but this could mean that MkI and MkII vehicles will come down further in price.  :)

Alpha AG Geek

The Mk III blueprints have dropped the price of MkI vehicles a bit further.  Has anyone run a cost comparison vs TP chips yet?

Alpha AG Geek

not that I know of, I do know there is someone doing a feul consumption test for vehicles